Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From ground level it looks a state, the windows and boardings...

I'm sure if wolves were in control of the drone it would have looked at only the newish and shiney areas like they do with the interviews they film.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think they do the lower tier Steve bull close to
Pitch. It will be great. Three sides tight to pitch. Will also sort the missing bit from Steve bull
Lower. The. Extend south bank.

Will be very intimidating

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking at the drone pictures on channel 4 above the stadium.... Steve Bull stand looks a terrible mess from above.. They could have at least given it a bit of a wash.....
For goodness sake, it's the state of the pitch that matters, and that is superb, not a roof that requires a bit of swill down !

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
I never watch games at Molineux that I’m only vaguely interested in. Can’t believe I’ve never really noticed how far the Steve Bull and Billy Wright Stands are from the pitch.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just looking at the drone pictures on channel 4 above the stadium.... Steve Bull stand looks a terrible mess from above.. They could have at least given it a bit of a wash.....
I thought the same thing - looked a right mess from the outside. I was relieved when they switched cameras and went pitch-side...

Nige

Reaction score
Watching England play at Molineux is just like watching Wolves at Molineux.... YAWN...

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weight of the soap might collapse it if they did that, also don't give Shi another excuse to slap another 100 quid on the Ticket.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I never watch games at Molineux that I’m only vaguely interested in. Can’t believe I’ve never really noticed how far the Steve Bull and Billy Wright Stands are from the pitch.
You don't remember the youth 5 a side tournaments that used to be played in the space in front of the John Ireland before games?

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I played in that! Also it was home to the Endsleigh Sprint Challenge.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
During lockdown they did a lovely shot from behind the Steve Bull with a drone and you could see the Wrekin in the background to the west.

They should’ve done that tonight and told the Italian viewers that that was our Vesuvius.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
A mate what's wrong with heath Town was our first maisonette when we got married my late wife and I. A lot off good people come from that part of town many wolves fans .so please don't knock it and didn't cavers sponsor us in.some form back in.the day .so let's be proud of our city whatever part it is .WOLVES AY WE.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope for the Hungary game on Tuesday, the fans really make a noise, get behind the team, support all the England players and just generally create a good, harmonious atmosphere for the team. Coady will play, Kane may start etc so theres a lot to get behind the team for and show the country just why Molineux was selected for this game.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A mate what's wrong with heath Town was our first maisonette when we got married my late wife and I. A lot off good people come from that part of town many wolves fans .so please don't knock it and didn't cavers sponsor us in.some form back in.the day .so let's be proud of our city whatever part it is .WOLVES AY WE.
My grandad lived in Campion House when I was a kid. 15th floor, west facing, incredible views when I could pluck up the courage to get out onto the balcony.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
You don't remember the youth 5 a side tournaments that used to be played in the space in front of the John Ireland before games?
Gosh. Forgotten those. I was lucky enough to be the coach of a side that won one of those, the U14 Town 5 a side. We got changed in the portacabins next to the tatty old and closed North Bank. The kids were really excited and proud to play at the Mol which will be no surprise!

rubyloo

Reaction score
I don't normally study the pitch when I'm watching wolves (although it might have been more interesting last season) but , was the grass cutting up a bit or does it normally look like that after the game? Seemed to be loads of 'marks' everywhere. Apologies if this is a really stupid question

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't normally study the pitch when I'm watching wolves (although it might have been more interesting last season) but , was the grass cutting up a bit or does it normally look like that after the game? Seemed to be loads of 'marks' everywhere. Apologies if this is a really stupid question
This post surprised me. I had thought that the one thing about last night's game which looked good was the pitch.

rubyloo

Reaction score
This post surprised me. I had thought that the one thing about last night's game which looked good was the pitch.
Yes it looked nice at the start but loads of marks on it at the end - just wondered if that was normal.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the history of Molineux as much as anyone and remember the thrill coming through Stafford, past the Dunlop factory and finally seeing the John Ireland/Steve Bull stand high on the left.
But the thing that would excite me most now is seeing a new Molineux, because, to be honest, apart from the North Bank which is good enough, the stadium is nothing special at all. I wouldn't care where the new stadium is as long as it's done right.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it looked nice at the start but loads of marks on it at the end - just wondered if that was normal.
I wasn't having a dig at you at all but just didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I walked round the outside a few hours before kick off and it seemed a lot longer than usual.

Back
Top Bottom