Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux fire

doogisgod

Groupie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone knows how progress is going with the repair work following the fire?

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unable to start any work until summer transfer window opens. Then will make a big announcement when done. Don’t need anything else in the summer do we??

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to Bump this,
Does anyone have information regarding the repair/refurbishment?
Has it been completed?
It was stated that a faulty glass washer, caused the fire. Anyone been brought to account for leaving it on?
Any updates would be welcome.

Anyone got any photos they could share?

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Steve Sutton talks about it in one of the videos the club released a couple of weeks ago.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to Bump this,
Has it been completed?
It was stated that a faulty glass washer, caused the fire. Anyone been brought to account for leaving it on?

Don’t work for the insurance company do you?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did a stadium tour about April time this year, and they briefly walked us through the section where the fire had been, it had been completely gutted by the builders (although remnants of the fire could be seen), and work clearly underway.

I really hope the club do something special with the space, it’s a prime location and a decent space. The current corporate facilities elsewhere at Molineux were looking very tired and not up to standard of a PL club in my eyes.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did a stadium tour about April time this year, and they briefly walked us through the section where the fire had been, it had been completely gutted by the builders (although remnants of the fire could be seen), and work clearly underway.

I really hope the club do something special with the space, it’s a prime location and a decent space. The current corporate facilities elsewhere at Molineux were looking very tired and not up to standard of a PL club in my eyes.
Wasn’t it a dishwasher that overheated or something?? We’re lucky in some ways someone was still around at the stadium

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Sutton talks about it in one of the videos the club released a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, if I recall he said:

Getting towards the end of the works (early May, so I guess may well be pretty much complete now).

Half of the room was partitioned off, so damage limited to one side. Although that room is normally used for hospitality on match day and also non matchday - weddings/events etc, so not been able to use since the fire and all the revenue that would have provided.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t work for the insurance company do you?
Actually WV10, Funny you should ask that, because in the early '60s, after leaving the 6th Form, worked full time for The Yorkshire Insurance Company, based in York.

The most BORING, UNINSPIRING and non creative job, you could ever land yourself with.

After 3 years. I just had to get out, and was fortunate to be offered a place at City Of Liverpool College of Education. Studying Drama and Creative Arts. EXACTLY what I should have done in the first place!!

Wolves ONLY Wolves.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Prime location, decent space, club short of money. Do you reckon we did it for the insurance?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone arrange for the faulty dishwasher to be left on in the Steve Bull stand please?
Yes mr investigator, we were just storing the replacement dishwasher in the Steve Bull while waiting for refurbishments to finish, then that one mysteriously caught fire too.
Which is puzzling, since was still in the wrapping.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to Bump this,
Has it been completed?

Not got any photos but i can tell you the floor was badly damaged and had to be replaced, last i heard the completion date was July

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually WV10, Funny you should ask that, because in the early '60s, after leaving the 6th Form...

Wolves ONLY Wolves.
Blimey. You must have needed to retake your A Levels a few times. Respect the persistence.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey. You must have needed to retake your A Levels a few times. Respect the persistence.
No because after 3 years of uninterrupted employment, I was classed as a mature student and in the mid 1960's that entitled me for a grant, with no strings attached.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes audible recorded warning very loud last night. Easily heard in WV3 around 11.30 pm. I think it was saying to evacuate but all you could hear was Attention Attention. . Assume a false alarm ?

Back
Top Bottom