Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mike Williamson's return to action

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, really hope we can get him back fit and healthy, as he will add so much to our back line.

Hopefully gets a couple in house games, maybe even play him in the cup game away to Stoke?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too early I guess. Especially against a Prem side that has a bit of pace here and there!

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HI wonder how long it will take him to get match fit again??

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish him well - the defence was FAR better with him in it .

1LtJohnJDunbar

I wonder how good he will be when he is fully fit tbh.

1LtJohnJDunbar

If he could be as he was before injury then very good at this level.
I agree, I just hope we aren't getting over excited as he was much better than what we have and the defence has been shocking for over a year. Only for him to not be the same as before he got injured.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sooner the better astral but having been out so long and things seemingly being done slowly slowly reckon end of January?

I think you are right in that he would need all of that time to get fully fit.
Still it would be good to finally have a quality defender - as good as any in the championship.
Just as long as he doesn't break down again!

E

Essex Wolf

I agree, I just hope we aren't getting over excited as he was much better than what we have and the defence has been shocking for over a year. Only for him to not be the same as before he got injured.
I'll be honest and say I'm excited as I recall how much difference he made but know exactly what you mean. Certainly don't think Wolves should put all their egg's in one basket and trust now he's back all us well. Very fact he's had such a long term injury everyone needs to be both mindful and wary.

I think you are right in that he would need all of that time to get fully fit.
Still it would be good to finally have a quality defender - as good as any in the championship.
Just as long as he doesn't break down again!
Exactly this.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will leave at the end of the season and at 33 offers no long term solution. I'm hoping the club identify a decent CB who could walk straight into the first team and make a difference. Good reserve option for this season only and unlikely to be up to speed until mid January at earliest.

E

Essex Wolf

He will leave at the end of the season and at 33 offers no long term solution. I'm hoping the club identify a decent CB who could walk straight into the first team and make a difference. Good reserve option for this season only and unlikely to be up to speed until mid January at earliest.
If, and it's a big if, he can get fully fit and stay that why I feel he could offer another season. Agreed he isn't the long term solution but one of the problems Wolves have suffered is a lack of experience and leadership and he offers both so from that prospective alone worth having about.
That said still feel, as you do, another CH is needed but how nice to have choice.

WarwickWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Why isn't Williamson playing every week now (or, if not fit enough yet, playing 60' every week)?

E

Essex Wolf

Why isn't Williamson playing every week now (or, if not fit enough yet, playing 60' every week)?
Really wish I had an answer for you WW because if fit it makes no sense. I assume nothing but can only think he needed resting after recently playing and that to get him fully up to speed will be a long and slow process?

D

Deleted member 3604

If he doesn't play on Saturday and we haven't a centre half in I'll be worried. Still too close to that trap door. If Cav and Costa don't fire we look bottom three.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least it finally makes sense why Lambert did not pick him after his excellent performance in the Stoke game.
I hope this is just a minor hiccup and he will be fit for selection very soon.

D

Deleted member 3518

At least it finally makes sense why Lambert did not pick him after his excellent performance in the Stoke game.
I hope this is just a minor hiccup and he will be fit for selection very soon.

Appears to be a case of perennial "hiccups".:(

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appears to be a case of perennial "hiccups".:(
You could well be right!
A fully fit Williamson would bring a real injection of quality to our defence for the next season or two.
If he proves unable to regain fitness I doubt whether we would renew his contract at the end of the season which will highlight the need for yet another player in the summer.
I really hope that he does!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a feeling when he wasn't even on the bench for Villa then nowhere to be seen at training on Tues this news wouldn't be long coming. Immense at Stoke just wish we could keep him fit.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope the club let us know what is going on with Williamson as a lot of us are wondering why there is no sign of him after the Stoke game.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope the club let us know what is going on with Williamson as a lot of us are wondering why there is no sign of him after the Stoke game.

According to Jonzy he has a back injury but you are right it would be helpful if the club let us know what is going on.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Injured again then :(:(:( great, have to watch Hoof and calamity at centre half for the rest of the season then.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously..? You couldn't write this stuff. The guy is a walking injury magnet.
I am very close to an infraction according to the mods so I can't type in what I am mentally saying.
FFS!
Really?
Unbelievable.
Well at least that's one thing we can't blame Zenga or Lambert for.
Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had not played for a year - then 1 game against a Prem side - no wonder he has had some sort of reaction. He's 33 and to throw him in after that long and hope he is ok - is not likely.

It may be something minor, due to his time out - lets hope so - if not we need to get rid in the summer, and sign someone of a similar ilk, but younger

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we dont bring in a center half then Lambert and Thelwell needs a kick up the ****. We need better defenders. Sort it out numpties.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had not played for a year - then 1 game against a Prem side - no wonder he has had some sort of reaction. He's 33 and to throw him in after that long and hope he is ok - is not likely.

It may be something minor, due to his time out - lets hope so - if not we need to get rid in the summer, and sign someone of a similar ilk, but younger
To get a defender of Williamsons quality but younger would prove to be virtually impossible.
Far too expensive plus would not want to drop down to our level.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has played circa 300 games in 15 seasons (see his Wikipedia entry) - this suggests he has ongoing injury problems and/or not regarded as good enough for regular first team football....

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our best CB by some distance is a crock it seems, but I bloody well hope not. If this is the case we definitely need a CB this window, rather than would just prefer a CB this window!

Back
Top Bottom