Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mick McCarthy

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not taken him long to find another job, about to be appointed the Cardiff City manager according to reports.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not taken him long to find another job, about to be appointed the Cardiff City manager according to reports.

Cardiff seem to be in a pattern of younger manager, dinosaur, younger manager, dinosaur....

Wish Mick all the best but hope that he doesn't get them promoted. You can just see them doing a Huddersfield against us as they go straight back down again....

Hugill going great guns at Norwich after flopping at Wet Spam shows just how big the gap between the two leagues now is..

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They seem to like the managers like him and Warnock. Pulis will be next.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy for him. Provided me some excellent memories at Wolves at an age where I feel my dedication to going regularly could have gone either way long term, I’d become very disillusioned with the club and at that age in life it would have been very easy to not find the money and time to attend.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For anyone over 40.....

The Magic Roundabout - History of the BBC

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff will be up in 2 years guaranteed

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sort of bloke you could have a pint with. A great bloke.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to Mick, but I can't help feeling this is one job too far. He has had a good managerial career, but everyone has their sell by date, and I think his tactics are now outdated for the championship.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best wishes Mick. Provide that you get the support from above, I have no doubt that you will do a good job there! :D

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased to see Mick back. Time does strange things. I once resented him.

I watched this interview with him back in lockdown last year. My admiration for him grew massively. He is a good bloke and whether you believe that or not, he has had a very respectable career, both as player or manager

If anyone has a spare 24mins, I absolutely recommend the below.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff will be up in 2 years guaranteed
Yep back up from being relegated hopefully.
In all seriousness I wish Mick well..... Decent guy who gave us happy times in the Championship

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Tommy Docherty of the modern era.
Except I think the Doc won a trophy.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish Mick well after what he did for us. Glad to see him back (although he hasn’t officially been appointed yet).

People may call him a dinosaur but he can do a job in the Championship. The Premier League is a totally different kettle of fish.

No doubt he will have TC as his assistant.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gets a bit of an unfair tag with us as a "dinosaur". His championship winning team played some of the best football ive seen at Molineux.

Granted he changed it when we went up but those tactics kept us up for 3 seasons and he'd have kept us up again (or certainly done a better job) if he'd stayed.

Solbakken was a "progressive" manager, if thats the case give me Mick any day of the week.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gets a bit of an unfair tag with us as a "dinosaur". His championship winning team played some of the best football ive seen at Molineux.

Granted he changed it when we went up but those tactics kept us up for 3 seasons and he'd have kept us up again (or certainly done a better job) if he'd stayed.

Solbakken was a "progressive" manager, if thats the case give me Mick any day of the week.
Same for me, that dismantling of Forest at Molineux will live forever in the memory. Prior to Nunos arrival probably some for the most exciting football we've played and the best season in my lifetime.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Wish him well. Think he’ll do a good job there as he will inherit a pretty physically robust side.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him, some of my best Wolves supporting memories (Derby away, Forest away in the promotion season, Wigan away for our first PL away win the year after, beating Sunderland, many more)

Don’t get me wrong, very grateful for the massive step up to where we are now, but everything in between him and Nuno (bar Jackett) was an unmitigated **** show

Lycaon

Reaction score
Good luck to Mick, one of the most genuine and passionate guys in the game.
Not saying he’ll pull up any trees at Cardiff but certainly will steady the ship IMO.

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how he gets on with the owners, they have been known to get involved , there was a story that the Chairman once asked why the one player never scored. The answer was ... he's the goalkeeper.

Back
Top Bottom