Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

McClean

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been watching Match of the day
Absolute disgrace that McClean did'nt have a poppy on his shirt like every other player
And his swipe at the Huddersfield player in the last minute should have been a straight red
That bloke really is the scum of the earth, absolute ****er

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been watching Match of the day
Absolute disgrace that McClean did'nt have a poppy on his shirt like every other player
And his swipe at the Huddersfield player in the last minute should have been a straight red
That bloke really is the scum of the earth, absolute ****er
And he probably enjoys getting a reaction from what he does or doesn't do. Best to ignore it rather than give him the publicity.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was going to start a thread about him after last nights motd.

What would people’s reaction be if we signed him?

I really don’t think I could stomach supporting him, even in a Wolves shirt. Not sure I wouldn’t be able to mouth off at him.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was going to start a thread about him after last nights motd.

What would people’s reaction be if we signed him?

I really don’t think I could stomach supporting him, even in a Wolves shirt. Not sure I wouldn’t be able to mouth off at him.
Under the current regime I would be surprised if we signed a player with baggage that could potentially cause friction with either his team mates or the fans.
I would steer well clear of signing him because of the potential backlash it would cause.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under the current regime I would be surprised if we signed a player with baggage that could potentially cause friction with either his team mates or the fans.
I would steer well clear of signing him because of the potential backlash it would cause.
Obviously wouldn’t happen now, but a what if scenario if we had signed him at any point.

M

Mr Wolf

I watched a football focus interview with him last season about it. I’m sure somebody can post it.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely wearing a poppy is a personal choice?

He’s given his reasons which are perfectly understandable.

What makes me more annoyed are those that try to force others into wearing them, it devalues it and ends up just making it a fashion accessory as the meaning is lost.

Chwolf

Reaction score
His reason is all well and good for not wearing a poppy, but if he really felt like that why is he making a living and paying tax in the uk that some of will make its way to the armed forces. The guy is a total *******

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just about the poppy though is it, he’s made it pretty clear that he hates this country. Happy enough to come here and make money from it though.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I daresay McClean gives infinitely more thought to what his kin at home think than forum keyboard warriors hiding behind their avatars and pseudonyms.

Fair play to him for having the courage of his convictions and putting his head above the parapet.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he no idea what people of that generation sacrificed so that he could enjoy basic privileges that we take for granted such as freedom of expression?

And how does he repay them?

He starts thinking for himself and holding unpopular, non-conformist opinions....

String ‘em up I say. It’s the only language they understand

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He says he is a peaceful guy and lives side by side with the same people
Lying *******, the blokes a thug
IMO if he doesn't want to wear the poppy on his shirt then he should not be included in the squad for that game as he knows it will offend the thousands of supporters watching him

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I daresay McClean gives infinitely more thought to what his kin at home think than forum keyboard warriors hiding behind their avatars and pseudonyms.

Fair play to him for having the courage of his convictions.
His scum heroes made it pretty clear it was us against them.

I’m sure the mothers of Johnathan Ball and Tim Parry admire his courage.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
It's his own personal choice not to wear a poppy. He's obviously done his research, spoken to the right people and made his mind up. He's allowed to do that. Moeen Ali doesn't wear a poppy either, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people who have their own personal reasons for not wearing a poppy. You're also allowed to disagree with their decision, that's the beauty of free speech. But whether you agree or not, you have to accept it.

As for footballing ability, McClean is an absolute ****** as far as I'm concerned. I remember we played Wigan a couple of years ago, right near the end of the season, and they badly needed the win to stay up. McClean spent the entire 90 minutes trying to foul our players and get a reaction. He got sent off in added time for what was effectively a forearm smash into the face of Stearman. He let his own arrogance and ego get in the way of what his team needed. Would I have him at Wolves? Absolutely not. But it's irrelevant, because there's not a chance he'd get into our team.

1965Wolf

He is perfectly entitled to make this choice. And, may I say, without being abused for it. I disagree with his stance but would fight to the death for his right to express his views- after all if all the sacrifice in the last war were not to preserve our freedoms, what was it for?

W

we8wba

I don't know why November every year we entertain this debate

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were interested in signing him if I remember correctly. I think as a replacement for Sako, but instead we decided on Ojo, Wallace and Dave Edwards.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's his own personal choice not to wear a poppy. He's obviously done his research, spoken to the right people and made his mind up. He's allowed to do that. Moeen Ali doesn't wear a poppy either, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people who have their own personal reasons for not wearing a poppy. You're also allowed to disagree with their decision, that's the beauty of free speech. But whether you agree or not, you have to accept it.

As for footballing ability, McClean is an absolute ****** as far as I'm concerned. I remember we played Wigan a couple of years ago, right near the end of the season, and they badly needed the win to stay up. McClean spent the entire 90 minutes trying to foul our players and get a reaction. He got sent off in added time for what was effectively a forearm smash into the face of Stearman. He let his own arrogance and ego get in the way of what his team needed. Would I have him at Wolves? Absolutely not. But it's irrelevant, because there's not a chance he'd get into our team.

Where'syour proof that Moeen doesn’t wear a poppy? I call bull****.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a right not to wear a poppy though like many who don't he equates remembrance with some sort of support for armed aggression. And even in Ireland plenty of innocent people were killed, mostly by those he supports and deliberately at that not through accidents or fear. They are included in remembrance.
Final thing I'd note is how many Irish died in WW 1, does he not think they are worth a couple of minutes (best not mention the Irish government stance in WW 2)?
But he does have a right to his view and he's actually quite brave in a sense though I suspect he actually feels smug pride (disclaimer he might have spent hours agonizing over his decision).
He's an **** in plenty of other ways though and exactly the type of put a shift in footballer we are finally moving away from.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't wear a poppy.
I think the last time i wore one was when i was at school and i left 25 years ago.

I appreciate the sentiment and everything it represents. I just don't like the way its forced down everyone's throat.

Its the same with comic relief and children in need.

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
And even in Ireland plenty of innocent people were killed, mostly by those he supports and deliberately at that not through accidents or fear.
Not meaning to drag out this predictable and tiresome thread but do explain this.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My Grandad fought in WW2 and his dad in WW1. He refuses to wear a poppy (like many others who fought but have never bought into parading themselves every year) due to utter lack of respect, compassion and help the British Legion showed during and post wars. I've met quite a few folks who think this too.

I have no issue if someone refuses to wear the poppy, I have more of an issue with people who think EVERYONE should wear the thing.

Back
Top Bottom