Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matt Grimes

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know hes been mentioned by a few mixers recently but hes set to move to Swansea for a reported 1.75m according to the bbc, alot of money for a League 2 player.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money well spent. An outstanding young player.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He's quality. Think he'll prove to be worth every penny.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly $$$$es me off living down here - Swansea, with a 20k ground capacity, little or no history, make an almost seamless transition into the Prem, play good football, attract top quality managers, play the continental market brilliantly, find/buy good young talent and make Wolves look like some amateur outfit.

W

wanderer24

Slightly $$$$es me off living down here - Swansea, with a 20k ground capacity, little or no history, make an almost seamless transition into the Prem, play good football, attract top quality managers, play the continental market brilliantly, find/buy good young talent and make Wolves look like some amateur outfit.

When you put it like that, yep it's fairly depressing.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes precisely. I am rather dreading any announcement of us signing anyone. You know instinctively it will (yet again) be disappointingly unambitious/unadventurous.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not that much in todays market

I can see what you are saying Hebburn. In the awash with money Premier League £1.7m is not that much. To a club the size of Exeter, who are owned by the fans rather like Portsmouth, it is a huge amount. They were in all sorts of financial trouble at the start of the season, leading to an embargo. This fee should keep them going for a few years until the next gem comes through their excellent academy.

D

Deleted member 3545

I can see what you are saying Hebburn. In the awash with money Premier League £1.7m is not that much. To a club the size of Exeter, who are owned by the fans rather like Portsmouth, it is a huge amount. They were in all sorts of financial trouble at the start of the season, leading to an embargo. This fee should keep them going for a few years until the next gem comes through their excellent academy.

yes its nice to see money going to lower league teams for a change.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Well said Sir

D

Deleted member 3545

i agree what gets me is when wolves come out and say lets do it the birmingham way wba way swansea way, southampton way everton way. why not just do it the wolves way.
i remember when they 1st got promoted under DJ and the board said we didnt realise how hard the premier league was hello dont the have scouts or watch sky sports at wolves lol

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i agree what gets me is when wolves come out and say lets do it the birmingham way wba way swansea way, southampton way everton way. why not just do it the wolves way.
i remember when they 1st got promoted under DJ and the board said we didnt realise how hard the premier league was hello dont the have scouts or watch sky sports at wolves lol

Unfortunately, the Wolves way means something quite different :embarassed:

E

Essex Wolf

That could well be NNW because Wolves are run in an amateurish way.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just joined Swansea on a four and half year deal.
You just watch him turn out to be $$$$ hot? In the past we got youngsters in similar situations, George Friend and Sam Vokes spring to mind, who for whatever reason did not do it at Wolves but went on to do well at other clubs. We have a history of buying/finding young talent but bar Lescott and Keane it's hard to think of any who have done the business for us?
However on a positive note our team/squad is now filled with youngsters who just may turn out to be golden?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another player I could add to the signed as a promising youngster and then never given a chance was Jason Roberts. McGhee signed him from Bristol Rovers but never gave him a real opportunity.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just watch him turn out to be $$$$ hot? In the past we got youngsters in similar situations, George Friend and Sam Vokes spring to mind, who for whatever reason did not do it at Wolves but went on to do well at other clubs. We have a history of buying/finding young talent but bar Lescott and Keane it's hard to think of any who have done the business for us?
However on a positive note our team/squad is now filled with youngsters who just may turn out to be golden?

Murray and Naylor too? Lesser degree Andrews and Malone

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Another player I could add to the signed as a promising youngster and then never given a chance was Jason Roberts. McGhee signed him from Bristol Rovers but never gave him a real opportunity.
Came from Hayes I think, was sold to Bristol Rovers where he did well and got another big move to boggies.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We were in the PL when Friend's and Vokes' progress stalled. To date neither have been a success at that level - yet. Right players, wrong time. Hopefully Iorfa and Hause will get established in the Championship and be able to step up to the next level with us.

Back
Top Bottom