Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matt Doherty and James McClean test positive

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best wishes to Matt, this is my biggest worry with our players jetting off to various parts of the globe, its only a matter of time before another of our players test positive for this virus, I really cant understand why the football authorities ie FIFA are allowing these games to go ahead whilst this pandemic continues to spread worldwide, it can only be for money..

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I give this thread 20 replies before it is closed...

Yamalritee

Reaction score
Surely we don’t need the well wishes, I’m pretty sure they will be fine and be playing in two weeks time.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Neither are our players and dozens have positive tests at the moment will we have a thread on each one ?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I agree that players travelling the globe for international football, especially friendlies at the moment is total madness. As for Doc and that piece of crap, whilst I wouldn't wish them any lasting effects, if Doc is out for Spuds matches and it weakens one of our rivals, I'm quite relaxed about it. :D

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably showing no effects what so ever but as soon as it’s reported they’ve tested positive folks think they’re on there deathbed.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably showing no effects what so ever but as soon as it’s reported they’ve tested positive folks think they’re on there deathbed.
Ok so was talking to a lad in our IT dept yesterday, his mrs works in a care home abd her colleague, who was 35 and had no underlying health issues, died from Covid. But that’s made up yes????

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s as much nonsense the other way (ie it won’t have any illness impact) as the hysteria that accompanies it. As always it’s somewhere in the middle.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok so was talking to a lad in our IT dept yesterday, his mrs works in a care home abd her colleague, who was 35 and had no underlying health issues, died from Covid. But that’s made up yes????
Did I say it was made up?

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Not one of these players will be the remotest bit ill from Covid just like the majority of people who get it yet your wishing them well ,no wonder the world is so easily consumed by Covid fear .

My father died at 45 years old in May, despite being healthy and having no other diseases or health conditions.

I get that footballers will get the absolute best care, but the world is right to be scared by the virus, because we don’t all get the care that a rich footballer would get.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not one of these players will be the remotest bit ill from Covid just like the majority of people who get it yet your wishing them well ,no wonder the world is so easily consumed by Covid fear .

They probably won’t but don’t assume because they’re young and fit they won’t.

My fit and healthy 20 something daughter, who eats and drinks healthily, works out every day, gets outside a lot in her work, and has no underlying health conditions like diabetes, is currently dealing with covid and suffering from the neurological side of it. Blinding headaches, numbness in her legs, inability to think clearly and loss of smell. Four hours in A&E on the guidance from NHS111 to get a full set of checks to make sure it’s “just“ covid and not a stroke, PET or tumour. I’m not trying to lay it on, but at the moment we don‘t know if this is something that will pass in a week or two, or whether she will suffer from these issues for months or years. Our son also had it a few weeks ago, and only knew when he got tested, as it was so mild. Both young and share the same genes.

While it’s clearly much more probable that older and less healthy people will suffer the most, it’s not entirely safe for young and healthy people either. It’s not just a cold or flu.

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

My fit and healthy 20 something daughter, who eats and drinks healthily, works out every day, gets outside a lot in her work, and has no underlying health conditions like diabetes, is currently dealing with covid and suffering from the neurological side of it. Blinding headaches, numbness in her legs, inability to think clearly and loss of smell. Four hours in A&E on the guidance from NHS111 to get a full set of checks to make sure it’s “just“ covid and not a stroke, PET or tumour. I’m not trying to lay it on, but at the moment we don‘t know if this is something that will pass in a week or two, or whether she will suffer from these issues for months or years. Our son also had it a few weeks ago, and only knew when he got tested, as it was so mild. Both young and share the same genes.

While it’s clearly much more probable that older and less healthy people will suffer the most, it’s not entirely safe for young and healthy people either. It’s not just a cold or flu.
Some good points well made. Covid is difficult to get your head around and so insidious because of the different effects it can have on different people. I know of a few non league football players, far down the pyramid, who have been impacted quite seriously, but not heard of a professional from the top leagues being acutely or chronically affected yet. Maybe there are cases we don't know about. I'm sure there will be a few cases with time though.

Best wishes to you and your daughter Sussex. I know it's difficult, hope she improves soon and you can have peace of mind.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Completely agree with this. People are definitely getting different levels of covid and it is not just age related. Unfortunately I know of two people who have passed, one was late 40's the other was early 50's. Both were your "average joe" sorts of guys, neither overweight or with any underlying issues at all. Worth noting both were at the start of the pandemic and a nurse friend of mine who works on the covid ward at New Cross has said to me recently they understand it a lot more and the treatment available.

A good pal of mines grandad got it, he was 92 and whilst he was ill for a month he is thankfully right as rain now.

Hope everything improves with your daughter.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just have to remain vigilant I suppose.

My nan was in her early 90s when she contacted it during lockdown #1 and happily isn't bothered by it at all now.

Sadly, she'll never be bothered by anything ever again.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My father died at 45 years old in May, despite being healthy and having no other diseases or health conditions.

I get that footballers will get the absolute best care, but the world is right to be scared by the virus, because we don’t all get the care that a rich footballer would get.

Very sorry to hear that. My belated condolences to you and your family and may your father rest in peace.

Last edited:

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score

Very sorry to hear this, take care of yourselves, my friend is on oxygen in an isolation ward at the moment, shes quite poorly, was only in the company of someone who later tested positive for 24hrs, they were fine my healthy friend has not been so lucky, very scary stuff , she's alone & terrified x

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

So sorry to hear this Eric, that is terrible. We've had a Covid death in our family too. My 42 year old sister-in-law. A fit runner with no underlying health conditions.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More international positive covid tests, really dont know why they've been allowed to travel and play all these games!
The test results when they return Thursday/Friday will be interesting!!

D

Deleted member 8913

‘my condolences to you. This is a beastly illness that rightly makes the world nervous...I am sorry the vaccine comes too late for a million people.

it is true 80% of deaths are people over 65. Also true that young fit footballers should be able to shake it off like the flu....but many younger people with hypertension or diabetes or obesity ( fat *******s to you) are also at high risk.

hopefully football can continue and the vaccine makes a real difference ...I guess these internationals continue for contractual and financial reasons...as an over 65 I don’t mind becoming a couch potato watching every premier league game and scoffing pinot noir or cote de Provence.

Again condolences to you and to all those who have lost a loved one....

Back
Top Bottom