Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Nunes

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally a B2B midfielder we've needed for years

Now i don't have to watch Dendoncker balloon shots over from 6 yards out

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As somebody who's been on the waiting list for a while, I'm so gutted I didn't make the cut for a season ticket now! Pleased for those of you who did though....through gritted teeth!!!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As somebody who's been on the waiting list for a while, I'm so gutted I didn't make the cut for a season ticket now! Pleased for those of you who did though....through gritted teeth!!!
What number are you on the list?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Percy article:

Wolves have agreed a club record £38 million fee with Sporting for Matheus Nunes and are now hopeful of convincing the Portugal international to complete the move.

Personal terms are yet to be agreed but Wolves are increasingly confident that Nunes could fly into the UK later this week and put the finishing touches to what would be a significant deal for Bruno Lage.

Wolves have been in negotiations to sign the 23-year-old for weeks and have taken a huge step forward after triggering his release clause at Sporting.

Nunes is a client of agent Jorge Mendes, who has close links to Wolves through his company Gestifute and was present at Molineux on Saturday for the 0-0 draw with Fulham.

West Ham have already seen an ambitious move to land the attacking midfielder rejected in this transfer window, but Nunes is now seriously considering the option of joining Bruno Lage’s squad.

Nunes will take Wolves’ summer spend towards the £90 million mark, after the arrivals of Gonçalo Guedes from Valencia and Nathan Collins from Burnley, if he completes the move.

He will become the latest Portuguese addition in a dressing room which includes the likes of Joao Moutinho, Ruben Neves, Nelson Semedo and Pedro Neto.

Wolves are still hopeful that Neves will sign a new contract and the capture of Nunes is not regarded as a replacement.

Lage and his team return to action this weekend with a trip to Tottenham Hotspur.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally a B2B midfielder we've needed for years

Now i don't have to watch Dendoncker balloon shots over from 6 yards out

I reckon we will go 433 with donk in there to get the best out of Neves and Nunes (if he agrees)

dnf14

Reaction score

Percy's tweet. Personal terms not agreed, but let's be real, we aren't agreeing a fee without the player having agreed to join, Uncle Jorge wouldn't waste our time like that.
Especially since us and Sporting agreeing a €45+5m deal in principle has been common knowledge for weeks. There wouldn't be this much traction from media everywhere if something hadn't changed.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it me just over worrying but anyone else slightly concerned how the stories are now saying we need to convince him to come? I hope behind the scenes this is all agreed!

Not really, he goes where Mendes tells him to go essentially

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When I read this last week, I thought it could be good news for Wolves

Guo Guangchang meeting the Chinese Ambassador to the UK in London last week

FZ85ergX0AYpFXR.jpeg

Perhaps a green light for further investment might have been given

If Wolves can get Nunes over the line and Neves signed to a new contract, that would be fantastic work and a big show of intent by FOSUN.

Imagine we might end up funding via Traore and one of either MGW or RAN, hopefully leaving us enough for a quality centre forward to vie with Raul.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If you moved to Spain or America when you were 10, would you call yourself Spanish, American or English?
He has a dual citizenship passport, but he's a Brazilian. Go with it...we have a Brazilian midfielder, sounds better. ;-)
I'd call myself whatever I felt represented my identity the most. He's Portuguese, because he qualifies and says he is. Do you consider Bradley Wiggins Belgian?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Mount tweet is taking the mick out of someone who tweeted a year or so ago that Coutinho was at the Mount, turned out to be Cutrone.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What number are you on the list?
Not entirely sure my friend, not checked for a while but still a long way back I think.
It was only said in jest though, I'm still more than happy to obtain tickets, with my membership, when I can and head along with my baby girl to cheer on the team. That won't change, regardless of signings or league standing. Our days together at Molineux are special days and results and performances are only part of it.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really, he has a Portuguese passport and has lived there since he was 10 or something.
Every brazilian has a portuguese or italian or dutch passport :) (Including my better half!)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interesting read, thanks for sharing. Looks like a perfect partner for Neves in his strengths and weaknesses.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Interesting read, thanks for sharing. Looks like a perfect partner for Neves in his strengths and weaknesses.
Yep, I'd still be wanting Donk as well in against the bigger sides. Need a bit more protection.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where do people think we should put the Jeff Shi statue? I'm thinking just outside the newly named Jeff Shi Stand.

There’s some pretty big statues of people in China.

Maybe we could just build the Jeff Shi stand as a giant statue of him, with his arms circled around everyone sitting in the middle, and him looking down lovingly at his worshipers.

Back
Top Bottom