Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Martin O Neil Sacked

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soon as Keane left i wondered if this was coming.
Bit of a shame i find him quite amusing.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I remember listening to him at WC in Russia and he tried to talk down to this woman about tactics and she ripped his ideas to bits, made him look really dated.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes client and current Rennes manager, Sabri Lamouchi favourite to takeover.

Collymore not happy!

Edit: Lamouchi appointed. Collymore still not happy!

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That will be another wasted year at Forest lumes. They have a small town of players purchased by past managers. Unless major pruning is done more misery by the Trent.

ng7wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The new guy is apparently bringing 6 staff with him, so looks like a big shakeup could be happening

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A dinosaur. Amazed he got the job in the first place.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes client and current Rennes manager, Sabri Lamouchi favourite to takeover.

Collymore not happy!

Edit: Lamouchi appointed. Collymore still not happy!

Wasnt Aitor Karanka a Mendes / Gestifute client.

That didn't work out very well.
Looks like they can't settle on a proper cohesive strategy.

D

Deleted member 3751

Following us under Fosun to the letter aren't they?! Get some Mendes connections, spend loads, fail miserably, sack foreign manager, appoint a manager who did something once fail in the league, sack him, appoint a foreign manager who's not well known over here

They even lost to Chelsea 2-0 in the FA Cup like we did!

Another dinosaur on the scrap heap anyway (hopefully)

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've had a bit of a Paul Lambert there haven't they? Perhaps Lamouchi will be their Nuno?

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This says more about Forest failings than Martin O'Neills

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would seem to me that Martin O'Neill has never been the same since he and John Robertson stopped working together. It is almost like Brian Clough and Peter Taylor, while Cloughie did win League Cups without Taylor he was not the same force without his trusty right hand man and it would appear to be the same here. Since they stopped working together it cannot be a coincidence that O'Neill failed at Sunderland, Ireland and now Forest ( not that he got much time but then who the hell does these days ? ) Never replicated the success the two of them had at Leicester and Celtic ( before I get buried under the usual the SPL is garbage avalanche Celtic did make the UEFA Cup final in 2003 losing to Porto who had a goalkeeper on the bench we all may have heard of ! )

The thing that always pees me off about Martin O'Neill is we paid Leicester a king's ransom for McGhee and his staff and Leicester replaced him with O'Neill. They went on to become an established Premier League club with a League Cup in the trophy cabinet while we languished in the Championship with the final effect being the Golden Tit speech and the arrival of he should not be named but rhymes with Poxey !

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Wonder if he was told by the board that they'd be mainly recruiting using Mendes' network, and O'Neill said no thanks and left? That's what I hear happened with Kenny Jackett with us.

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wonder if he was told by the board that they'd be mainly recruiting using Mendes' network, and O'Neill said no thanks and left? That's what I hear happened with Kenny Jackett with us.
May have been the case with Lambert but believe Kenny J would have loved to have stayed, but the wheels were in line for Lopetegui from day dot, it was even said that JL was at the club being advised by Jackett up until the transition was completed. Strange I know but this is what had been reported.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
May have been the case with Lambert but believe Kenny J would have loved to have stayed, but the wheels were in line for Lopetegui from day dot, it was even said that JL was at the club being advised by Jackett up until the transition was completed. Strange I know but this is what had been reported.
Fair enough, just saying what I heard. Maybe what's happened with O'Neill. I don't know much about him tbf but I couldn't see him being one of them managers who just accepts what's happening, if he doesn't like it he would say something.

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fair enough, just saying what I heard. Maybe what's happened with O'Neill. I don't know much about him tbf but I couldn't see him being one of them managers who just accepts what's happening, if he doesn't like it he would say something.
Yup true, he walked out on Villa due to them selling the best players and not giving him the funds to replace, hence why he played the youth and the reserves in the Europa, he said if villa wanted to challenge the top four like they had been consistently doing they needed to add quality to the squad if they wanted to challenge on a European stage also, to be fair though he had already spent a fortune and wasted a hell of a lot of cash, but the day he walked it was a downhill progress from that day on.
Many blamed O'Neill for putting the club into debt (fans and board), yet the money that would have been coming in from League standings and European qualification should have been a good sum.
The spending didn't stop when Houllier walked in with Pires on mega high wages and a few others, seemed like he'd (M.O'N) been made a scapegoat, to me anyway.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find him quite tragic to be honest.

He's a shadow of the spritely, forward-thinking, quick-witted man that O'Neill used to be.

Almost seems as though he's going senile nowadays.
His thick glasses and nose always reminds me of a Gerry Anderson puppet.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest's very own Paul Lambert, except worse, good decision to bin him but not sure Lamouchi is gonna be their Nuno

Back
Top Bottom