Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marquinhos

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this deserves a thread, as Wolves are reportedly taking Legal Action against the 19-year-old after signing a Pre-Contract for July 1st, but he has since agreed to join Arsenal.

Things are about to get spicy!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this deserves a thread, as Wolves are reportedly taking Legal Action against the 19-year-old after signing a Pre-Contract for July 1st, but he has since agreed to join Arsenal.

Things are about to get spicy!

I guess another question is - is this the player we'd had hints from @Cornwall Wolf that was pretty much done or was it Pedrinho as most of us assumed?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brazilian players are a bit erm fast and loose when it comes to contracts and agreements

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we were signing him on a free, as he'd signed a longer term deal at just 16, which he can't do... but then Arsenal are signing him for a small fee? Doesn't make sense... why wouldn't they sign him for free too?

Sounds like he'd signed with us, then Sao Paulo must have accepted an offer they couldn't from Arsenal... so by my reckoning Sao Paulo are also at fault here as they've accept a free for a free agent?

Doesn't add up to me

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably should have checked if it was already being discussed Kashmire, but merging now would probably lead to several posts not making sense on the Transfer thread.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We wouldn’t be bothering with this action if we weren’t going to win. Probably a few million will make it all go away.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At the end of the day he'd signed an agreement with us. Arsenal should have been made aware of the agreement which would mean they couldn't sign him. If they were aware of it and we can prove that they or Sau Paulo incited the player to break the agreement with us to sign for Arsenal then whoever it was owes us some damages.

It probably won't be much but I wouldn't stand for it either.

No point trying to get the guy to sign for us instead. That won't work.

Jenson Button famously had to pay something like £18million (I think) to Williams because he broke a pre-contract to drive for Williams to re-sign with BAR after changing his mind.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame we couldn't have applied that to our game against Norwich, which would have helped us finish 8th.
I've filed a motion for that game to be called the John Ruddy testimonial.

I'm just surprised he didnt get chance to score a penalty in the last minute after Carragher had comically handled the ball.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure what Wolves have done wrong. Acted quickly, which lots of posters are complaining there not doing and now let down by the player or his agent and poaching by Arsenal.
Nothing to do with Sellars though this one, absolutely only Mendes involved /sarcasm

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Won't even make court - He'll be an Arsenal player. Jeff will take some small compensation for his trouble

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seems like we have been screwed over here tbh... Will be interesting to see how this ends as it also isn't a good look for Arsenal...
I don’t know whether they really are similar situations but in the comments, someone mentions Marseille getting a one year transfer ban, with the player involved banned from playing for six months.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know whether they really are similar situations but in the comments, someone mentions Marseille getting a one year transfer ban, with the player involved banned from playing for six months.
I saw that and there are reports that it happened but they were appealing.

Can't see from their recent deals that it was actually enforced - Olympique Marseille - All transfers

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What would be really funny is if the pre-contract agreement is enforced and the contract included a ridiculous release clause which Arsenal ended up having to pay. Unlikely I know but it appears that from July 14th we own his registration.

Will end up in some sort of arbitration probably.

Arsenal could well be on the hook for the total value of his contract though, whatever that is. They may have to actually buy him out of it.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an odd situation.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He's signed for Arsenal - used Wolves for leverage.
He doesn't want to play for us/nor will he ever play for us.
Bit of compo for Jeff & everyone is happy again.

Back
Top Bottom