Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marcal dropping truth bombs

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which players do you think he means?

Think he's bitter that he lost his place to RAN.

Other players, Cundle, Toti, Hoever, Fabio, haven't exactly forced their way in.

Unless....
It's a mistranslation and he's talking about January window pivoting to utilising youth to pad the squad over bringing in reinforcements to push on.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Other players, Cundle, Toti, Hoever, Fabio, haven't exactly forced their way in.

Unless....
It's a mistranslation and he's talking about January window pivoting to utilising youth to pad the squad over bringing in reinforcements to push on.
That's the only other possibility.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't put it down directly to him, but it would be interesting to see the stats for goals conceded compared to Marcal being in the team and him not.

It seems we've gone from one the meanest defences in Europe to a bag of crap roughly around the time he was dropped.

Also, whether it's him being bitter or not (perhaps), there is an element of truth when it comes to the ambition of our transfer policy. And how many more negative stories like this will keep sneaking out of the dressing room? Something clearly there behind the scenes.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't put it down directly to him, but it would be interesting to see the stats for goals conceded compared to Marcal being in the team and him not.

It seems we've gone from one the meanest defences in Europe to a bag of crap roughly around the time he was dropped.

Also, whether it's him being bitter or not (perhaps), there is an element of truth when it comes to the ambition of our transfer policy. And how many more negative stories like this will keep sneaking out of the dressing room? Something clearly there behind the scenes.
Regardless of whether he should have been dropped, the statement as translated makes no sense. We suddenly put young players in so as to sell them? Don't think I've noticed any shift to playing the youngsters. So I'm not sure what the "truth bomb" is?

As for negative stories sneaking out, this is the only one I've seen that actually has quotes from players, unless I've missed something.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having read the full interview I think Marcal is just trying to exaggerate his own importance rather than dropping truth bombs, which I can understand as he is trying to find another club. I wouldn't take much notice of it.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Strange comments really - doesn't make much sense unless he's talking specifically about RAN, in which case he's wrong if he thinks that cost us a place in Europe.

At times RAN offered us a much needed attacking threat Marcal could only dream of providing

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does just come across as very bitter to me. Fans have been crying out for Fabio, Toti, Mosquera, Chiquinho, and RAN to get more minutes and with the exception of RAN (due to Semedos injury), they haven't really up until the last game or so.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having read the full interview I think Marcal is just trying to exaggerate his own importance rather than dropping truth bombs, which I can understand as he is trying to find another club. I wouldn't take much notice of it.

Hmm if Google translate is accurate he really is barking up the wrong tree: "I ended up playing fewer games than expected due to the club's strategy of selling young players."

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"The season could certainly have gone better. I think we have a very good squad, which could easily have already qualified for Europe, but I think the club's strategy in the middle of the season of putting slightly younger players in to be able to also sell them ended up shaping our performances in the race for the European competitions. I also thank my staff because this year, thank God, I didn't have any injuries. I did some work on my own to avoid injuries, as last year I had to have surgery three times and that really affected my work. This year, the aim was not to have any injuries and that went well, but I ended up playing fewer games than expected due to the club's strategy of selling young players. Overall, we fell short of expectations".

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's probably saying what most of us thought on here about the January transfer window. They had a chance to push on and cement a European place with some astute signings but instead let a member of the first team go and signed a player who has hardly been used until the last few weeks.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unless....

That makes sense as in team selection, most of us have been wanting to see the young players play more, so his comment seems odd. But in terms of overall strategy, it fits exactly what wev'e been doing for 2 years. Which is about the time Marcal joined?

Does this mean that it's now out in the open that player development for profit is more important for us than being competitive? That the results are a by product. They are not exclusive as developing good players will bring good results. But if we are on the edge of competition success, there will be nothing done to push for it.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
F##k him, he was a short term, cheap squad player, did that ok but time for him to be put out to grass. For me he's behind RAN, Jonny and probably Bueno now

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
In fairness, I think he's trying to say what a lot of us think.
We had an opportunity push-on and add experience and depth to the squad January.
But we didn't.
Bruno wanted more players (we all wanted more players).
But instead he had to put his faith in younger players to fill out the squad.
He voiced his frustration many, many times.
Who knows what would have happened this season with more experienced back-ups, and more competition for places.
I think Marcal was right.
Good on him.

Last edited:

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
normal bitter drivel by someone who is way out of his depth. cant wait to see the back of the chancer

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does he mean he didn't like being dropped for RAN?
He didn't like being dropped for RAN. End of.
Sounds like sour grapes to me from Marcal..
RAN and Toti Gomes showed with their performances on Sunday to the older Wolves players that they are the way forward for the future of WWFC

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares what he thinks! Average player, injury prone and in 5 years time no-one will be able to recall him.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very unlike the Wolves group of the Fosun era (particularly the Nuno groups) to speak out like this.

I can only assume it’s a mistranslation of some sort.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"The season could certainly have gone better. I think we have a very good squad, which could easily have already qualified for Europe, but I think the club's strategy in the middle of the season of putting slightly younger players in to be able to also sell them ended up shaping our performances in the race for the European competitions. I also thank my staff because this year, thank God, I didn't have any injuries. I did some work on my own to avoid injuries, as last year I had to have surgery three times and that really affected my work. This year, the aim was not to have any injuries and that went well, but I ended up playing fewer games than expected due to the club's strategy of selling young players. Overall, we fell short of expectations".
Sounds to me like he's after a deal/longer deal elsewhere and coming up with excuses as to why his game time has been limited whilst here, club policy to play youth and his injuries?

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you referring to yourself??.....
I think Marcal is spot on!
What, that he played less than expected because of the club's strategy of selling younger players?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably some is lost in translation to a degree, but I also imagine the truth is somewhere in between and as an older/senior player he's protecting his reputation going forward and suggesting it wasn't just his form that dictated his playing time... 'cause he'd have played every minute otherwise... he'd want his new team etc. to think that was the case I'm sure

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's probably saying what most of us thought on here about the January transfer window. They had a chance to push on and cement a European place with some astute signings but instead let a member of the first team go and signed a player who has hardly been used until the last few weeks.
:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom