Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Maradona

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Used to hate him for obvious reasons but became my idol growing up. Probably the best to ever play

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Genuinely really sorry & sad to hear this - what a player; and actually, what a person for his passion for Argentina, and for Naples - one of my all-time favourite places in the world. He was adored there, and rightly so. He fitted that place like a glove and shoved the finger to the North.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only ever seen clips of him but even from those you can see how great he was. Look at what he did at Napoli. He was one of those players who you wish could play today with the protection players have. As Tim Vickery has just said on the radio, when people point out Maradona was a cheat you have to remember how opposition teams would try to kick him out of games.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Loved him as a kid and teenager. Gave me some of my most memorable football moments. The greatest ever. Some great documentaries about him in recent times, including a series following him as he managed a Mexican club.

So sad but I am surprised he has lasted this long given everything that has happened to him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only ever seen clips of him but even from those you can see how great he was. Look at what he did at Napoli. He was one of those players who you wish could play today with the protection players have. As Tim Vickery has just said on the radio, when people point out Maradona was a cheat you have to remember how opposition teams would try to kick him out of games.
Not only that, look at the pitches he had to play on. As a flair player, he'd have loved the carpet they play on now

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The documentary on Maradona is wonderful if you can find the time to watch it. A great football character, even those you don't know of football know who Maradona is

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary Lineker's tweet is quite apt
Reports from Argentina that Diego Armando Maradona has died.
By some distance the best player of my generation and arguably the greatest of all time. After a blessed but troubled life, hopefully he’ll finally find some comfort in the hands of God. #RipDiego

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw the thread title and assumed he wasn't linked so...

Great player. The second goal against England in 1986 was a thing of beauty, even if we were on the receiving end.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Damn what an awful this year has been
Only seen clips and documentaries but still gutted

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very sad news , wonderful player despite the hand of God against us.

Rip.

waltononthehillwolf

Reaction score
I saw Maradona play against Yanited in the 80's for Napoli in the old European cup I think it was - dont remember much of the game as I was very very drunk in the back of a transit van with about 10 others - probs 84 or 85 around the time of the miners strike as we got stopped by the rozzers :) great player but he didn't shine that night for sure

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me the greatest player of all time.
The 2-0 goal against England in Mexico 86 will live forever.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The greatest cheat of all time.

despite that, I admired his talent and feel sorry for his friends and family for their loss.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The hand of god strikes... Amazing footballer but don’t do drugs kids.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Greatest player of any generation. No angel, but angels don't play football.

Spent his career getting kicked more than the ball did, but gave it right back and kept on going, better than everyone else.

As well as the film documentary, I would recommend Jonathan Wilson's book Angels With Dirty Faces, about the history of Argentine football and the way Maradona embodied a nation of fighters.

Sad day.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a coincidental occurrence also that George Best died on this day also 15 years ago..
Diego Maradona on a documentary I saw once said That he thought George was the best footballer he saw play..
Both great football players that were floored characters in life.That succumb to drugs & alcohol relating illness's to both their deaths imho :(

R.I.P. Diego Maradona & George Best

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mexico 86 was the first World Cup I properly took interest in, he was so far above the rest. You think no special help that today’s players get, and did it while on the Charlie! Greatest player, with demons? Interesting debate to have, but got to be in the top 6.
Pele, Cruyff, Best,Ronaldo, Messi, and Diego

Back
Top Bottom