Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Managerial Tetris

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought deserved it's own spot, rather than putting it in one of the threads for each candidate.

It's a sign of how far we've come, that we're now involved in the game of top level managerial Tetris.

If the Real Madrid and and Juventus jobs become available, that affects the top end of the game. Which then impacts who Spurs, Napoli and Fiorentina can get. Which then affects who we can get. Gattuso now available and often linked, but surely a candidate for either Juventus or Fiorentina. But then Fiorentina have been linked with Fonseca, who has also been linked with us. Fonseca and Benitez have both been linked with us, but surely would be looked at by Spurs. There is no chance Zidane would come to us, but he's a Juventus legend so surely a chance he might go there, which then puts Gattuso back in play. Do Napoli go back to Sarri?

We are not on the same level as all these moves. But they do now impact our options. And to be in this position, when previous managerial conversations amongst Wolves fans has been about whether we get Garry Monk, or whether a Reading manager would leave for us, or which Championship level manager was out of work....it's pretty amazing.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it is pretty amazing..... but is it real, or are we just getting Lage and the Mendes model. That's what got us here

Time to reveal Fosun's real ambitions....

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought deserved it's own spot, rather than putting it in one of the threads for each candidate.

It's a sign of how far we've come, that we're now involved in the game of top level managerial Tetris.

If the Real Madrid and and Juventus jobs become available, that affects the top end of the game. Which then impacts who Spurs, Napoli and Fiorentina can get. Which then affects who we can get. Gattuso now available and often linked, but surely a candidate for either Juventus or Fiorentina. But then Fiorentina have been linked with Fonseca, who has also been linked with us. Fonseca and Benitez have both been linked with us, but surely would be looked at by Spurs. There is no chance Zidane would come to us, but he's a Juventus legend so surely a chance he might go there, which then puts Gattuso back in play. Do Napoli go back to Sarri?

We are not on the same level as all these moves. But they do now impact our options. And to be in this position, when previous managerial conversations amongst Wolves fans has been about whether we get Garry Monk, or whether a Reading manager would leave for us, or which Championship level manager was out of work....it's pretty amazing.
You never mentioned Benson the Butler.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just the Mendes caroussel in full action?

Gattuso leaves Napoli for Fiorentina
Conceicao leaves Porto for Napoli
Nuno leaves Wolves for Porto

Then either

Mourinho leaves Spurs for Roma
Fonseca leaves Roma for Wolves

Or

Lage brought into Wolves having known about the above moves for some time?

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Then either

Or

Lage brought into Wolves having known about the above moves for some time?
If it's Lage, then you'd think an announcement would be imminent, why wait.

I hope Fosun haven't effectively sacked Nuno without someone lined up in the first place, cos as you've explained all the managers will be on the Mendes merry-go-round and we'll be left with someone not as good as Nuno and probably get them too late into pre-season to do anything with the squad or influence new signings.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Then either

Or

Lage brought into Wolves having known about the above moves for some time
Don’t forget Inzaghi is leaving Lazio too. I reckon that means Conceicao goes there, he’s a former player after all.

Inzaghi to Fiorentina.

Sarri back to Napoli with his tail between his legs, all apologetic.

Nuno back to Porto.

Gattuso and Fonseca fighting on Asda car park for the Wolves job whilst Jonathan Woodgate just walks in a takes the job.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
It's certainly great to be discussing the pro's and con's of potential Wolves coaches that have won domestic league and European titles. It's a sign that the foundations Fosun/Nuno have laid have not gone unnoticed in the football world. To think not so long ago we were scraping the managerial barrel and appointing Morgan's golfing buddy!

Ps. I think Zidane is nailed on for Juve if he chooses to quit Real. That will see Allegri appointed at the Bernabeu. No idea at this point who Spurs next boss will be (just pray it's not Nuno. Don't think I could stomach that). Are Arteta's or Ancelotti's jobs safe?

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's certainly great to be discussing the pro's and con's of potential Wolves coaches that have won domestic league and European titles. It's a sign that the foundations Fosun/Nuno have laid have not gone unnoticed in the football world. To think not so long ago we were scraping the managerial barrel and appointing Morgan's golfing buddy!

Ps. I think Zidane is nailed on for Juve if he chooses to quit Real. That will see Allegri appointed at the Bernabeu. No idea at this point who Spurs next boss will be (just pray it's not Nuno. Don't think I could stomach that). Are Arteta's or Ancelotti's jobs safe?
We'll probably see Nuno take a job next summer, hopefully it's abroad.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nuno does take the Porto job then Neves is definitely off.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nuno does take the Porto job then Neves is definitely off.

If coneicacao goes to Napoli, nuno goes to portgual

the corruption mendes carousel is just to much

You then think no wonder we buy silva etc vitinha, trading managers give the funds, that would be way out of line

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If coneicacao goes to Napoli, nuno goes to portgual

the corruption mendes carousel is just to much

You then think no wonder we buy silva etc vitinha, trading managers give the funds, that would be way out of line
I know some concerns have been expressed about Mendes' involvement with us, but calling it 'corruption' - ie, dishonest or fraudulent conduct - is a tad OTT, perhaps.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know some concerns have been expressed about Mendes' involvement with us, but calling it 'corruption' - ie, dishonest or fraudulent conduct - is a tad OTT, perhaps.

Im not saying Nuno would go to porto,

But surely if conceicao goes to Napoli like touted.

Then nuno is installed at porto,

and we get lage, you would have to question everything given the deals with porto, the fact nuno has not been lined up for any new roles

Not corruption but a money spiral.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In my opinion Everton would be crazy to get rid of Ancelotti (but it's just the kind of crazy move they would make) and if he leaves I would say thank you very much and welcome to Molineux.

ZZ to Juve, yes. I don't think Nuno will be back in action so soon, so he will be out of the picture. Spurs might go for Sarri? They seem to catch up with the top managers eventually?

Not sure if that will affect us thought as I wonder if we are going for someone available (Lage) or someone else (Benitez, although I am surmising). Fonseca being the joker in the pack, who everyone thinks they want, but is not really sure about until they convince Neves to stay for a packet of Haribo fangtastics and plays MGW in his best position.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
In my opinion Everton would be crazy to get rid of Ancelotti (but it's just the kind of crazy move they would make) and if he leaves I would say thank you very much and welcome to Molineux.

ZZ to Juve, yes. I don't think Nuno will be back in action so soon, so he will be out of the picture. Spurs might go for Sarri? They seem to catch up with the top managers eventually?

Not sure if that will affect us thought as I wonder if we are going for someone available (Lage) or someone else (Benitez, although I am surmising). Fonseca being the joker in the pack, who everyone thinks they want, but is not really sure about until they convince Neves to stay for a packet of Haribo fangtastics and plays MGW in his best position.
I know an Evertonian who says they are awful under Ancelotti, no discern able style and no passion

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know an Evertonian who says they are awful under Ancelotti, no discern able style and no passion
Fair play. I only read the reports and they act like he is the second coming. Having first hand material from fans is always going to be more reliable. I haven't seen them, so can't comment.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
given that moutinho is touted back to.port with nuno it would be musical mendes carousel

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Allegri to Madrid
Zidane to Juve
Parker to Spurs
Gattuso to Fiorentina
Conciecao to Napoli
Nuno to Porto
Fonseca to Wolves

Thats my guess

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Allegri to Madrid
Zidane to Juve
Parker to Spurs
Gattuso to Fiorentina
Conciecao to Napoli
Nuno to Porto
Fonseca to Wolves

Thats my guess
Go on then. What odds are you going to get on that? Worth a fiver.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So question given all the talk about fans on here not wanting certain people or wanting others what would the reaction be like from Porto fans if Nuno went back?

I've seen a couple of Porto fans on twitter wanting Bruno Lage by the way....

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Allegri to Madrid
Zidane to Juve
Parker to Spurs
Gattuso to Fiorentina
Conciecao to Napoli
Nuno to Porto
Fonseca to Wolves

Thats my guess
Parker isn't good enough for Spurs. Can't see that.
Wherever Nuno goes...... That's my second team.
Rafa will end up somewhere in the Premier league.

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Why would he leave Sevilla to join Wolves?
He was allegedly interested in 'the project' last time around but things didn't work out due to delays with the takeover. Those saying he is out of reach will point to the fact that he is on an upward curve now & too big for us - Spanish national job, Real Madrid, Sevilla & Champions League football next season.
On the flip side when he was 'allegedly' interested we were a championship side but have since finished 7th twice, got within seconds of an FA Cup final and lost out to his team in a European QF.
As such we have both moved on an upward curve & so if he still fancies a job in England go & get him.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes that's what got us some of the greatest days of our lives as football fans.

This is right and let us never forget, Fosun invested the money and brought the players. Nuno was amazing, but without Fosun, we would still be in the championship and, not mixed it with the best.
At times, I think it is unfair to criticise Fosun, as it is their money that made our dreams come true and their money that put us back on the map.

Lycaon

Reaction score
The only thing that’s cast iron is the fact it’s a win win for Mendes, unfortunately one of those teams will get their fingers burnt and Mendes will just say “dança das cadeiras!” Or words to that effect!

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Im not saying Nuno would go to porto,

But surely if conceicao goes to Napoli like touted.

Then nuno is installed at porto,

and we get lage, you would have to question everything given the deals with porto, the fact nuno has not been lined up for any new roles

Not corruption but a money spiral.
If Nuno goes Porto, Lage will get squished in a stampede if talented Portuguese Internationals going the other way.

Back
Top Bottom