Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Manager of the Season

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You're not wrong. But at least Klopp and pretty much every other manager has worked their way up to that position of 'comfort', for want of a better word.

Guardiola has only ever had jobs with huge probabilities of success. And in fact arguably failed in 2/3 of them so far. Yes his style of play, pioneering ideas etc are impressive, but again, are massively helped by the fact he has such incredible players to choose from.

I'd love to see him go to a Sevilla or Napoli type club. Where talent exists but generally falls short. The kind of job where an exceptional manager could change as such without it being an impossible ask.
Granted Klopp has earned it more than Pep I agree with you there. It just makes me smile when you hear the ‘greatest manager’ BS bandied around and people with football knowledge know all it takes is buying the best players in the world. There’s no genius to it. Man City were a mid table Prem team until the Arab money came in. We were a lower Chump team till Fosun piled in. No secret to it generally the more you spend the higher you go and that could be with Mancini, Pellegrini, Pep or whomever.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Granted Klopp has earned it more than Pep I agree with you there. It just makes me smile when you hear the ‘greatest manager’ BS bandied around and people with football knowledge know all it takes is buying the best players in the world. There’s no genius to it. Man City were a mid table Prem team until the Arab money came in. We were a lower Chump team till Fosun piled in. No secret to it generally the more you spend the higher you go and that could be with Mancini, Pellegrini, Pep or whomever.
Exactly look at Eddie Howe by no means the best manager but with identical players but brucey still in charge they’d be in the relegation places.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Man Utd have spent shed loads since SAF. Doesn't guarantee success

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nominations: Pep, Klopp, Howe, Vieira and Frank.

The only other surprise is that they didn’t shoehorn Bielsa in there.

How about Moyes? Potter? Even Bruno was on a bit of a hiding to nothing.

Blows my mind.
It's got to be Moyes. Semi finalists and top 6 with a small squad.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Whoever wins the league will get it but I do think there are some managers who deserve a mention not on the list. Moyes has done a great job at West Ham and if you nominate Howe for the impact he’s had in a short time at Newcastle then you also have to mention Conte.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Viera has done a good job at Palace. They had a major rebuild in the summer and some were tipping them to struggle badly. Instead they look a far better side than last season, play on the front, good attacking football and the overhaul has done them the world of good.

I tip them to do even better next season if they add some more quality this summer. Just shows that a squad overhaul can have the desired effect if you bring in the right head coach and the right players and make the tough decisions that are needed.

meeee67

Reaction score
Rafa Benitez for putting Everton in a challenging position :) :) :) until the board bottled it....:

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just after New Year the I paper did a half term report. Bruno was Manager of the Season at that point. This last month or so has been such a pain.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not the premier league, but in the championship, Nathan Jones of Luton Town should get the award. He has done an amazing job to get Luton into the play offs.
I agree and I think Cooper at Forest is worth a mention too. Bottom after the first 8 games and Hughton sacked in comes Cooper who has transformed the club. Alongside Jones at Luton that’s what manager of the season should be about not buying the best players in the world and having the ‘difficult’job of making them play as a team.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree and I think Cooper at Forest is worth a mention too. Bottom after the first 8 games and Hughton sacked in comes Cooper who has transformed the club. Alongside Jones at Luton that’s what manager of the season should be about not buying the best players in the world and having the ‘difficult’job of making them play as a team.

Both of them deserve to win it. Absolutely incredible jobs.

Be fitting if they meet in the playoff final.

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
Pep and Klopp probably deserve it, whoever wins the league.

Outside of that, it’s Vieira for me.

Something like 12 in the squad at the start of the season, everyone’s favourites for relegation, yet he’s taken them to comfortably mid-table and they are one of the better teams to watch in the league.
This.

Back
Top Bottom