Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Manager of the Season

T

TheConcourse

Nominations: Pep, Klopp, Howe, Vieira and Frank.

The only other surprise is that they didn’t shoehorn Bielsa in there.

How about Moyes? Potter? Even Bruno was on a bit of a hiding to nothing.

Blows my mind.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I know the money helps obviously, but the biggest turnaround this season has been Newcastle imo, all the rest have done much of what you would expect with their resources.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Blows my mind.
Fat Frank could still possibly take Everton down. Jesus, a few good results and you get a manager of the season nomination. As for Vieira, he's done quite well to overhaul the squad and get them to an FA Cup semi but they're in 11th, six points behind us, and we're apparently **** and have lost about 63 of our last 65 games. When Gallagher goes in the summer will be interesting to see how his second season is. If that list is anything to go by I'm surprised that Ted Lasso at Leeds hasn't been nominated too for winning against 10 men at Molineux and talking a good game.

Edit - Thomas Frank I see! Makes more sense :D Still, I'll keep my rant about super fat Frank in.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Frank and Veira got the London vote obviously. Potter has done amazing at Brighton, and Moyes at West Ham.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the Biggest Club in the World, surprised it hasn't been replaced with a "Man United manager of the season" award.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Viera has done an okay job at Palace. Not sure that he has performed the miracles that some suggest.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Viera has done no netter than Lage l, Potter, moyes etc

I don't like Brentfords style of play or anything but Frank's done a great job

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesse Marsch and Ralph Hasenhuttl have nominated in the "Excessive use of consonants in my name" category, previously held by Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

Burnley's Michael Jackson receives the "No, not THAT Michael Jackson" award

And Francisco Javier Muñoz Llompart, ex-Watford, has been awarded the "Thank the Lord he's been sacked" prize, awarded by sports journalists who don't own a spellchecker.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pep and Klopp probably deserve it, whoever wins the league.

Outside of that, it’s Vieira for me.

Something like 12 in the squad at the start of the season, everyone’s favourites for relegation, yet he’s taken them to comfortably mid-table and they are one of the better teams to watch in the league.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been a bit of a nondescript season, hasn't it? How long can they keep this "Same Top 6 every year" going, before people get suspicious?
Doesn't seem to bother the pundits does it. I remember when the romance of the "underdog" was a thing, but since the Premier League and Sky became the hegemony there is a general assumption that we all naturally favour the overdog.

I simply cannot convince Google that I am "Not interested in Man United" despite them apparently giving me that option in the drop-down box and Sky is convinced that if I like football I must really want to watch Liverpool every week, no matter who they are playing, because .....well everyone wants to watch the "best" team, don't they?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had Howe taken over the Newcastle that Bruce left behind and had the same constraints imposed on him, it would be a no brainer!.....and I hate the rat-faced *****!!!
It can only be the manager of the League winners for me, which is a shame, as all they'll have achieved is what's expected of them!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Blows my mind.

London centric Media nonsense

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lack of context with these awards annoy me. Put Dean Saunders and Bobby Davro in charge of Man City and I guarantee they finish at least 2nd.

Like when Burnley came 7th and Dyche didn't win it. Sorry but to me that's far more impressive than a side with all the money in the world winning the league.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potter as well. They're not far off being a serious top 7 contender. Play good stuff too.

Of course they'll just give it Pep for somehow managing to be successful with a team worth 1.2 billion.
I like Potter too.

Worth mentioning that on the Brighton fan forum, 65 per cent wanted him sacked after their winless run

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
For me it’s Klopp. Playing every single game you could possibly play in is remarkable. Has that been done before?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still a few games of the season to go but at this point Vieira has had a £100m net spend and taken Palace from 14th (1 point behind us) to 11th (6 points behind us) whilst Lage has spent **** all and gone from 13th to 8th…
Agreed - although at least he’s been there all season and hasn’t invested in a drone….

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Jesse Marsch and Ralph Hasenhuttl have nominated in the "Excessive use of consonants in my name" category, previously held by Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

Burnley's Michael Jackson receives the "No, not THAT Michael Jackson" award

And Francisco Javier Muñoz Llompart, ex-Watford, has been awarded the "Thank the Lord he's been sacked" prize, awarded by sports journalists who don't own a spellchecker.
Nice! Needed a chuckle.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is bull**** in my opinion. Pep, Klopp and others just sign the best players not much more to it really. It’s like rounding up the best players at school and pitting them against the average ones. 9 times out of 10 there’s only one way it’s going to end. Would Pep be a genius at say Walsall for example? I doubt it. For what it’s worth my manager of the year would go to Potter at Brighton. They play attractive football and have signed players on a fraction of the budget of a lot of other teams

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is bull**** in my opinion. Pep, Klopp and others just sign the best players not much more to it really. It’s like rounding up the best players at school and pitting them against the average ones. 9 times out of 10 there’s only one way it’s going to end. Would Pep be a genius at say Walsall for example? I doubt it. For what it’s worth my manager of the year would go to Potter at Brighton. They play attractive football and have signed players on a fraction of the budget of a lot of other teams

You're not wrong. But at least Klopp and pretty much every other manager has worked their way up to that position of 'comfort', for want of a better word.

Guardiola has only ever had jobs with huge probabilities of success. And in fact arguably failed in 2/3 of them so far. Yes his style of play, pioneering ideas etc are impressive, but again, are massively helped by the fact he has such incredible players to choose from.

I'd love to see him go to a Sevilla or Napoli type club. Where talent exists but generally falls short. The kind of job where an exceptional manager could change as such without it being an impossible ask.

Back
Top Bottom