Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Bet X

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm as hopeful as any we'll have a new sponsor but manbet is actually printed in the leaked shirt (which means nothing) while Blythe group was photoshopped.
Someone said the photographed shirts were mock-ups for Manbet

That and the nice things which were said about them in the Ask Wolves videos suggest to me that we were still in process of hoping they would sign up again

Expect we’ll find out in next couple of weeks with Vinny saying shirts being unveiled early July

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i presume they're still with us since no news post june 4th

harrumph

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be the deal expires June 30th? New Kit etc in July may point to this?

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
The Man Bet X logo is on the sponsors board behind Bruno on today's images - so that's that then I guess.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
double harrumph

ah well. until next year folks.....

D

Deleted member 11332

double harrumph

ah well. until next year folks.....

Not really a major issue for me at least, I want us to get the best commercial deal possible. If that means we have Boris Johnsons face on the front of our kits, as long as it is the best offer available then print it on.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Man Bet X logo is on the sponsors board behind Bruno on today's images - so that's that then I guess.
Depends when the contract ends. The Club will be contractually obliged to display the logo as agreed until the end of the contract whether it gets renewed or not so this wouldn't be an indicator.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends when the contract ends. The Club will be contractually obliged to display the logo as agreed until the end of the contract whether it gets renewed or not so this wouldn't be an indicator.

it was june 4th, so they're still here

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Express and star with joe edwards confirned man bet x to continue as shirt sponsor

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like a ban on betting advertising is on its way (for 2023).

So anything like the current sponsor would probably be 1 season only

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
Express and star with joe edwards confirned man bet x to continue as shirt sponsor

Where was this, please? I searched their site and his twitter feed... (Not doubting you, would just like to see the bad news with my own eyes)

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I flirted with sponsoring wolves shirts two years pre fosun. The price was £200k then

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank ****, obviously Prem has started pressuring teams to drop them as the regulator is on the horizon but even if we got slightly less I'd be delighted to lose that horrific abomination of a logo.
Looking at PL sponsors, away from gambling most appear to be products which are available internationally. Cars, Airlines, software.

Possibly a Chinese brand available around the World? Haier, Hisense, Xiaomi or Air China maybe?

Dans la Lune

Reaction score
Here we go again, just a matter of weeks before we announce a deal with another company that some supporters will find some reason to object to. Any large company with the funds to invest in a corporate deal at premier league level, even at the more modest levels that Wolves can expect to attract, will likely have some skeletons in the closet or a dubious history. Even many of those with "respectable" reputations will have something lurking in the background, links to dodgy regimes, troublesome subsidiaries, or ethical considerations that are revealed as a cosequence of publicity.

Finance and banking - taking public money while paying huge bonuses, tech firms - exploiting workers in low cost economies, Airlines - environmental impact, Big retail - poor working contracts, Gambling - addiction and debt, Auto makers - pollution, National entities - political corruption and sportswashing. There will be something to object to in almost every facet of business and that's before we get to the issue of the colour or design of the logo. Wolves will go for the company that pays the best deal with the least downside and once again the loyalty to the club will be tested but the number of supporters that will actually take action, object or boycott will be tiny. A sad reflection on society. Mike Ashley might have been rightly reviled by Newcastle supporters but I'm not certain that poor working conditions and crap contracts at Sports Direct could be compared to the human rights situation in Saudi Arabia, yet the glee that the new owners were welcomed with shows that partisan feeling for your club trumps most reasonable concerns If Newcastle turn out with Aramco plastered across their chests in an inflated multi million pound deal, most people in the North East will be happy that it's a nice clean logo, and won't care about the ethics, or if it's yellow, blue, pink or green - it's just unlikely to be rainbow coloured.

Back
Top Bottom