Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread- 2022/23

SuziQ

Reaction score
Silva scored after 30 minutes, Anderlecht currently winning 3-0.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This loan is great for him. I think he will progress much more than staying here this season and we will get the benefits.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
This loan is great for him. I think he will progress much more than staying here this season and we will get the benefits.
That’s the main thing, that long term the club are the ones who benefit. We’ve seen with Gibbs-White that a good loan spell means you end up with a player who can either come into your team and make an impact, or a player that other teams want to spend a lot of money on.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu starts for Blackpool, Richards starts for Harrogate, Perry on the bench for Cheltenham, Sanderson not in blues squad.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relatively quiet night for our lads tonight:

Ki Jana Hoever was back on the bench and an unused substitute as PSV over came Monaco 3-2 AET (4-3 on agg) in the Champions League Qualifiers. Hoever’s replacement provided the assist for PSVs first goal.

Theo Corbeanu made his first start for Blackpool playing 62 mins as Blackpool bowed out of the Carabao Cup losing at home to Barrow on penalties

Taylor Perry was also an unused substitute as Cheltenham lost 7-0 at home to Exeter in the Carabao Cup

Lewis Richards made his first Harrogate appearance of the season, playing 90 mins as they lost in the Carabao Cup 1-0 at home vs Stockport

Dion Sanderson wasn’t in the squad as Blues lost on penalties to Norwich. The score was 2-2 at full time

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I'd see what Blackpool fans make of Corbeanu: he'll be 21 by the end of the season so if he's going to break into our first team squad you'd expect it to be next season, though I can see him being the next Ryan Giles. Anyway, they don't tell us much we didn't already know. Here's some quotes from Another View from the Tower...

vs. Barrow (started in a game a second string Blackpool lost):
looked lively , but a bit bambi on ice looking. He did not look as pacy as led to believe.
looked OK and was at least direct but not much end product
looked lively and tried to make things happen in the first half.

vs. Stoke (on as 21st min sub in game Blackpool lost):
looked lively and tried to make things happen in the first half.
improved as the game went on after a shaky start.
did pretty well in a difficult game
Corbeanu was just out there without actually doing or contributing anything
looks decent but seems to be another who tries to do one thing too many, and runs himself into problems. might be early games trying to impress.
looks a clever player.
looked good
tidy and clever.
creative but nothing [alongside him] up front to capitalise.

vs. Reading (on as 81st min sub in game Blackpool won):
didn't seem to know where he was meant to be playing.
kept trying to trip [a teammate] up [by being out of position]
First touch so bad his second is a header

Early days he might he ok, just thought he struggled to even control the football
I can see Theo Corbeanu becoming the new Gnando - moving like a baby giraffe on stilts but still banging them in for fun

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought I'd see what Blackpool fans make of Corbeanu: he'll be 21 by the end of the season so if he's going to break into our first team squad you'd expect it to be next season, though I can see him being the next Ryan Giles. Anyway, they don't tell us much we didn't already know. Here's some quotes from Another View from the Tower...

I think he is a confidence player just needs a bit of luck with an assist or goal and it should help

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be honest seeing him from the under 23s he could show all of the above comments in the same match.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needed more game time in league 1.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needed more game time in league 1.
Grasshoppers might have suited?

That said I think he can cope at championship level , the club seem to like the players sent out to be challenged.

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Grasshoppers drew 1-1 with Luzern which moves them to 2nd in the table. Bolla played full 90 minutes. Kawabe started and assisted before being subbed off 84 mins.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grasshoppers might have suited?

That said I think he can cope at championship level , the club seem to like the players sent out to be challenged.

No, not for Grasshoppers probably a step too far currently and they play the wrong formation for Theo anyway. Personally, it think he’s lucky to get a championship loan this season and maybe only did so as it was Blackpool who I think might struggle. I’m not sure he did enough in league one to have earned it for many other championship sides

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grasshoppers drew 1-1 with Luzern which moves them to 2nd in the table. Bolla played full 90 minutes. Kawabe started and assisted before being subbed off 84 mins.

Thank you, just beat me to it. Only thing of slight interest to add (although not loan related) is Kawabe provided to assist for former wolf Renat Dadashov to score his 2nd goal in 4 grasshopper games. It’s also two goals and two assists for Kawabe

Assist and goal here (will replace with a better quality one when I find one!)

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Thank you, just beat me to it. Only thing of slight interest to add (although not loan related) is Kawabe provided to assist for former wolf Renat Dadashov to score his 2nd goal in 4 grasshopper games.
How long is the kawabe loan for I thought he might have been back this summer

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Thank you, just beat me to it. Only thing of slight interest to add (although not loan related) is Kawabe provided to assist for former wolf Renat Dadashov to score his 2nd goal in 4 grasshopper games.
Also to add Kawabe was subbed off for ex wolf Shabani. :)

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any reason?
Yeah, I think we "sold" Dadashov to GC for a nominal fee to get around the loan rules.

Although saying that, Id be surprised if we got him back. It'll be interesting if another club wants to buy him, and it'll be interesting to see where the money goes!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The theory had been put forward that with Dadashov and Shabani there may be a buy back clause as the number of loans allowed had been reached.

Not sure myself. There is technically still one spot left I think (and no one else who would be suitable to go in the current squad) except one of these mystery South Americans we may or may not sign.

The FIFA rules state 3 but then it is quite clear u21s and homegrown players are exempt from the rules - Sang-bin Jeong would be an u21.

I’d imagine a decent sell on but no buy back

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Corbeanu will find his level in League one when all is said and done. Certainly nowhere near our level.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tonight’s activity in addition the the above:

Nigel Lonwijk made his Plymouth debut and played 90 mins in the centre of a back 3 as the Devon side lost 2-0 at home to Peterborough in the Carabao Cup. Seems like he made a decent early impression amongst the sponsors (winning MOTM) and fans

4480D76D-F19B-436B-BCAD-E208F191BB5B.jpeg9DEFDDAE-129B-4EB9-ADFA-306E9A29BA26.jpeg

Ryan Giles was rested so didn’t feature in Middlesbrough’s squad as they also exited the competition, losing 1-0 at home to Barnsley

Back
Top Bottom