Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymont

Reaction score
catching up on this thread. great stuff.

Forgot that Matheson was languishing down on Scun thorpe. Sounds like he's not going to quite work out. Like a lot of people that watched him in that Rochdale v Man Utd match, I was extremely pleased when Wolves brought him in. Hopefully he has a good summer and can improve.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Campana scored again last night, as Miami beat Portland Timbers 2-1.

Yep, Leonardo Campana played 62 mins and scored as Inter Miami beat Portland Timbers 2-1 at home. That’s Campana’s 8th goal in 15 games for Miami and has seen him be called up to the Ecuadorean National Team for games against Nigeria, Mexico and Mali.

Campana’s goal from last night……

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think Miami have an option of 3.5 mil on him if they want him. Again profit made considered he cost 750k

Hopefully we need to agree to that option too, would think we'd get more than £3.5m on the open market for him.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully we need to agree to that option too, would think we'd get more than £3.5m on the open market for him.

Potentially but not a guarantee as it's the mls after all, hopefully another club looks at him Atalanta perhaps they spend a good amount

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Potentially but not a guarantee as it's the mls after all, hopefully another club looks at him Atalanta perhaps they spend a good amount

I'm thinking beyond MLS. Good season there puts you in shop window for European clubs.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bolla to stay out on loan. Taken from grasshoppers forum where someone has posted part of a bolla interview.

Interview with Bolla.
https://m.nemzetisport.hu/legiosok/legi ... uz-2894785

- Are you ready for a new challenge?
- I feel I have the potential to move up to the level between the Swiss and English leagues this summer, but I'm also ready to spend next season with the Grasshoppers and when I get the 20% in Zurich get what i need, i can go further. I want to make a decision about my future that will allow me to move up step by step. I've performed well this season so I have several loan options, some of which would mean a step up. Negotiations with the teams that are interested in me are still ongoing, nothing has been decided yet.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bolla to stay out on loan. Taken from grasshoppers forum where someone has posted part of a bolla interview.

Interview with Bolla.
https://m.nemzetisport.hu/legiosok/legi ... uz-2894785

- Are you ready for a new challenge?
- I feel I have the potential to move up to the level between the Swiss and English leagues this summer, but I'm also ready to spend next season with the Grasshoppers and when I get the 20% in Zurich get what i need, i can go further. I want to make a decision about my future that will allow me to move up step by step. I've performed well this season so I have several loan options, some of which would mean a step up. Negotiations with the teams that are interested in me are still ongoing, nothing has been decided yet.

Hopefully he gets a good loan in the championship.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Just completed the loan players quiz on the Wolves website very pleased to say I got 17/20, hope giantwolf comes on here and with a 20/20, no pressure.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got them all right, thanks to Giant and this thread, hopefully you'll do one for next season but I think the loan rules are changing so it might be easier to keep track of them all?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got them all right, thanks to Giant and this thread, hopefully you'll do one for next season but I think the loan rules are changing so it might be easier to keep track of them all?

Definitely will be resurrected next season, thank you.

Re loans… the rules are a max of 8 but these are for non home grown over 21 players. I think we had 7 out this season who hit that criteria, so actually it might be possible to have just as many out on loan next season as this as most of ours were u21 or home grown

Depending on who is sent there, the only difference will be the updates for Grasshoppers as they may be shorter due to a limit of 3 players

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Bolla came on for Hungary in the 81' in the Nations League game against Italy. He didn't look out of place at all as the RWB - he's pretty rapid. Would like to see him in the preseason this summer.
Been impressed when Ive seen him.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely will be resurrected next season, thank you.

Re loans… the rules are a max of 8 but these are for non home grown over 21 players. I think we had 7 out this season who hit that criteria, so actually it might be possible to have just as many out on loan next season as this as most of ours were u21 or home grown

Depending on who is sent there, the only difference will be the updates for Grasshoppers as they may be shorter due to a limit of 3 players
And is it a maximum of 3 to one club regardless of homegrown and age status?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And is it a maximum of 3 to one club regardless of homegrown and age status?
That I don’t 100% know.

EDIT… actually just re looked at the FIFA press release… it’s not explicit but the implication is that under 21s and HG players are exempt from ALL elements of the rule

‘Players aged 21 and younger and club-trained players will be exempt from these limitations’

So by that… Sang-Bin Jeong (20) wouldn’t count and grasshoppers could have 3 more. I do wonder if the likes of Marques might go there next season. Trouble is I’m not 100% sure he’d get a decent run. Perhaps Mosquera?

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack Scott came on for the final 6 mins as St Patrick’s beat UC Dublin 2-1 at home. That was Jacks first St Patrick’s appearance in 3 games, although he had played 150 mins across two Northern Ireland u21 games in the international break

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When does the Irish season end Giant? I had forgotten about Scott
It’s a ‘summer’ league so goes all the way through to November. St Patrick’s also qualified for the Prelim stages of the Europa Conference league this coming season.

Other activity over the summer includes Leonardo Campana who’s Inter Miami season runs until October.

Plus friendlies etc (for example Grasshoppers season starts 24th July and they returned to training in midweek) and their first friendly is next week

I’ll start a new thread for next season once we have a critical mass of loanees starting to join new clubs

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack Scott came on for the final 6 mins as St Patrick’s beat UC Dublin 2-1 at home. That was Jacks first St Patrick’s appearance in 3 games, although he had played 150 mins across two Northern Ireland u21 games in the international break
hope he gets more game time as their season progresses... seen bugger all so far & wasn't playing that well for the u23's before we loaned him out

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hope he gets more game time as their season progresses... seen bugger all so far & wasn't playing that well for the u23's before we loaned him out
Hope so too although he started with regular game time (started first 8 games) and it’s been sub or unused sub activity since, so he needs to turn it around

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan rumour updates (already mentioned by others on the thread, but trying to keep them all together as there isn't much else happening!)

Ryan Giles > Middlesbrough (Championship)
Lewis Richards > Sheff Wed (League 1) or Harrogate (League 2)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meritan Shabani is currently training with Grasshoppers and is likely to play in their friendly tomorrow

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That could be an excellent loan move for Giles, but I’m quite surprised we’ve not given him a chance here now Marcel has gone.
Maybe it means we’re not going to play with wingbacks?
Or perhaps Boro are paying a sizeable loan fee .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom