Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liverpool Verdict

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, looked like a farewell to me.
hope so. i am no bruno hater. the bloke has done quite well overall but how he communicates his ideas is hard to see as his english is so jumbled up. watch his latest BBc interview. i have no idea what he is on about. so, unless they all speak portugese it must be really difficult

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This decision is outrageous
I dint get the VAR. check or lack of? We’ve had to sit and wait loads of times for decisions against us, moutinho at city being a prime example. **** all today

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for those of us who have a wife that is a ball ache when the football is on and didn’t see the end, We’re there many that looked like they were off by their reactions to the fans?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also I’m convinced Bruno has to play Hwang because of Korean merch money

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang is the worst player I’ve ever seen pull a shirt on for Wolverhampton Wanderers FC

You missed Stephan Meirhoffer? Steve Corica? Willian Jose? Fabio vs Chorley? Hwang was bad, the ones listed were worse.

<EDIT>That guy in the 0-3 defeat at Oxford years ago - Simon Coleman? I was there that day, that was truly the worst I've seen, he looked like a Sunday league player with a hangover who'd mistakenly wandered on. Though TBF our entire team played at about Hwang's level that day. What about that Silas guy in the Dave Jones season? Another competition winner. Most of those were sent on their way fairly quickly though. With both Hwang and Fabio, it looks like "business interests" rather than "football ability" are keeping both of them in the squad.

Last edited:

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our players put a very decent performance and I think it was only an error by Lage who put Hwang instead of Podence or Cinq. in place of Neto. Why was Neto substituted if he was not injured, just as a precaution it appears. We could have scored at least another 3 goals today.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were on about this in the pub, and the one lad pointed out, who the **** would want his name on their shirt after that performance!!!
No fan this side of the globe but when you hear the Korean comms cracking one off every time he touches the ball it wouldn’t surprise me if we’re massive in Korea :grinning:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our players put a very decent performance and I think it was only an error by Lage who put Hwang instead of Podence or Cinq. in place of Neto. Why was Neto substituted if he was not injured, just as a precaution it appears. We could have scored at least another 3 goals today.

Can only assume Podence was not fully fit. After all, a fully fit Podence is as rare as Halleys Comet. But Chiquinho, that was a clanger by Lage as you'd think the way Liverpool were pushing up, he would have destroyed them.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could have made substitutes with twenty minutes to go that would have maintained our counterattacking potential, but never mind.
A strange season, it will be an interesting summer.
We d already been forced to make 2 subs

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We bring on hwang, why he looked lost, falls over, couldn't pass, couldn't control the ball or make the correct runs, that has been his form for weeks. Silva reads the game better but was left on the bench. When neto was on we looked capable of getting something, neves was superb in midfield, I can't see him wanting to stay at a club with our sparcity of quality players. There will be questions about brunos failure to get more from a team looking at a possible 4th to slide into 10th as well.
I swear,.if I ever see the **** go down softly again, then throws his hands around gesturing for a foul that wasn't, I'm gonna run on the ****ing pitch and floor the **** myself and give him a reason to go down! Never want to see him in a Wolves shirt ever again, he is beyond useless!!! I fear however, he's a Fosun vanity project!!!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I swear,.if I ever see the **** go down softly again, then throws his hands around gesturing for a foul that wasn't, I'm gonna run on the ****ing pitch and floor the **** myself and give him a reason to go down! Never want to see him in a Wolves shirt ever again, he is beyond useless!!! I fear however, he's a Fosun vanity project!!!
All of this followed by the stupid smirk he does winds me up no end

Last edited:

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were on about this in the pub, and the one lad pointed out, who the **** would want his name on their shirt after that performance!!!
You say that but I've had folk around me recently with just that on their shirts!....usually late teens, early twenties too!!! God knows!!!

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have beaten them by 2 if Jimenez had played a simple pass to hwang ,,,twice !!
Would you pass it to hwang with the game on the line? Jimenez wouldn't either.

As far as the other pass, how about hwang actually sliding to tap it in instead of expecting an inch perfect pass right on his paw?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Apparently Atwell completed the check in a few seconds after checking which end it was.
Liverpool basically cleared the ball up the pitch and about 5 seconds after the incident the commentator said VAR check was over and it's not a penalty. Really gauling as it was an obvious penalty and they only took the shortest most cursory glance at it. They obviously didn't want to take responsibility for upsetting the apple cart. At the other end of the pitch it would have been a 5 minute forensic look probably resulting in a penalty. Pretty sickening.

They didn't even show a replay of the incident on the TV at all.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool looked anything but the best team in the history of football today that Sky would have us believe. Of course they are a very good side, but winning all three domestic trophies would have been a travesty for me.
We should have got a result today and breaking 3 on 1 at 1-1 should definitely have taken the lead. A good attacking side would have ripped them apart today?
Hwang makes good runs, but his touch is incredibly poor.
Somehow we need to find three goal scorers if we continue to play three up top or at least two.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Could have beaten them by 2 if Jimenez had played a simple pass to hwang ,,,twice !!
It's a fair point. Hwang was free and the obvious pass, me and my son were screaming at the TV and couldn't understand why he delayed and them passed to the right. Whether you rate Hwang or not it was a gilt edged opportunity. Hwang has been pretty awful but his goals against Newcastle show he can finish sometimes.

I thought there were 3 key moments that affected the game.

1. Neto going off.
2. Ref not giving us that Stonewall penalty.
3. Raul not passing to Hwang in that attack.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno said because we had used 2 subs.he wouldn`t have been able to
freshen up midfield.
Who would he have put on anyway?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won 15 games in total, our 2nd highest in the Premier League (16 in 18/19 was the most).

I’ll take it.
Fair enough, each to their own. I found the vast majority of this season as about as fun as pulling my nails out with pliers, we are that starved of quality that the few great moments stand out so much more.

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Did anyone see what the badge was on Saiss' cap? It didn't look like a Wolves emblem.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but doesn't anyone think we/Bruno are forced to play Hwang to cater to the Asian market? I feel awful even saying it. But I have no other explanation why he gets time on the pitch.
God no!
I think Jeff would much rather we won the game and stayed in 8th.

One possible explanation why he plays is….well……Bruno picks him.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was game over when Neto went off and Bruno brought Hwang on. He might as well just not bothered and played with 10 men.

I don't understand why he is persisting in trying to play it out from the back. It's not worked all season, the goal cane from a route one approach.

Jimenez, Neves, Boly, Toti & RAN played well enough, Jimenez looked very bright on the ball. Needed Silva, who's confidence is again taking a proper beating.

Bruno needs sacking today and a replacement found ASAP.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you pass it to hwang with the game on the line? Jimenez wouldn't either.

As far as the other pass, how about hwang actually sliding to tap it in instead of expecting an inch perfect pass right on his paw?
Seriously ?!!!
Yes I'd pass it to hwang , on his right foot, he's the best finisher in the team ,and was in the right position ( that's why he plays instead of useless Silva )
Would you pass it to dendonker instead??
The second pass ..slide in ..get real , Jimenez overhit the pass so much ,it went out for a throw in

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a fair point. Hwang was free and the obvious pass, me and my son were screaming at the TV and couldn't understand why he delayed and them passed to the right. Whether you rate Hwang or not it was a gilt edged opportunity. Hwang has been pretty awful but his goals against Newcastle show he can finish sometimes.

I thought there were 3 key moments that affected the game.

1. Neto going off.
2. Ref not giving us that Stonewall penalty.
3. Raul not passing to Hwang in that attack.
Spot on

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thinking about it overnight we played well, or looked like we did, because we played like we did in 18/19. Liverpool pushed us back, we didn’t play a high line and we were able to counter, luck and someone other than Hwang and we could of had a couple more goals. Unfortunately, most teams don’t allow us to do that and we come completely unstuck with these players.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it 3 years ago we ended the season with a 2 goal defeat to Liverpool at Anfield? Them needing City to slip up to win the league? It's all repeats on this channel. Shows that despite all the extremes from being the best team ever when we win to the worst team ever when we lose , not that much has changed in 3 years, has it?

Most, if not all, of yesterdays match, was so much like a Nuno performance, it's almost as if it was still his squad, playing the way they were brought in to play.

Back
Top Bottom