Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liverpool Verdict

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I swear there’s always an alternative match or parallel universe I end up seeing to a large chunk of mixers.

I saw a game today in which Wolves had the majority of the attacking threat, in terms of dangerous areas, and moves that didn’t quite come off.

Liverpool cut us open with that TAA one-two, but then so unfortunate with the cross deflecting through Boly’s legs. It was aimed at Salah, who had 2 men on top of him.
The second...well. Nice to see the assistants show solidarity with the ref.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wtf was the " we shall not be moved" chant and banner in the last minute, from the kop about?

Was it runners up/most points trophy, they want to win forever more?

Absolutely! Clearly they really want to be second best all of the time, just like they are! :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 5607AGP

Played well today. On my way home after the game I was told that in recognition of missing out again for the 29th year running Liverpool mayor Joe Anderson has announced 2 new Liverpool only bank holidays to lift spirits.
From next year the Monday after the last Premier League game will be known as the ‘Stevie Gerrard didn’t slip he was pushed’ Bank Holiday and the following day will be known as the ‘Brighton were paid off and we demand an enquiry’ Bank holiday.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we played some lovely football, especially for half an hour after the break. Terrific move for the Docs crossbar shot. They had to put two men on Jota to nullify him. Final balls not great and Raul a little off top form. But there was a lot to be proud of in that performance and we move onwards and upwards. Really very enjoyable season indeed!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A slow start, but once we grew into the game we were the equal of Liverpool. We had our chances and against sides of their quality we need to be more clinical. But overall we played some good stuff and it all bodes well for the future.

Yam Avinaloff

Groupie
Reaction score
Proud of the lads. Didn't deserve 2-0..
Fuming about the 2nd "goal".. Clearly offside, but reading the Sky Sports report you wouldn't know it was a thing.

Excellent season. Proud.
Come on Citeh!

S

Shifnal Wolf

We did ok, I thought our front 2 were as poor as they have been In many months, however that could be just down to the quality of the Liverpool defence.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Sorry Andy but for £30m !!! I expect someone who can control the ball.

I know that's really harsh, I am not saying he isn't good, but not sure he is worth anywhere near £30m.

Just stop and think about what £30m means in football terms. I know I am gonna get slaughtered for this, and I know he has done well, its not his fault we paid that amount, but sorry for me not a £30m player.

But overall we did great today, 1-0 or 1-1 would have been a fairer score.
Find me a better striker for £30 million who has moved last few seasons. Guys who have produced similar numbers this season are players like Lacazette who cost nearly £50 million.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did ok, I thought our front 2 were as poor as they have been In many months, however that could be just down to the quality of the Liverpool defence.
Yeah, no time for arguing about that, not their best game today, but being fair to them, the bar they’ve set since Christmas is as high as any partnership in Europe.

There’s probably only the Arsenal pair playing better.

We’ve all been waiting for this team for so long. So proud!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool was made up of those who had a great sense of humour and could laugh at themselves until political correctness and Derek Hatton arrived on the scene. Now they cant even take the mildest of digs at them.

I have no liking for political correctness, but this anti-political correctness is now equally as tedious.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just like to quote the late, great Bill Shankley:-

"If you are first, you are first. If you are second, you are nothing"

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played really well 2nd half, Doc MOTM, Cady and Boly very good.
Sorry but Jiminez worth £10m at most.
10 million ? WOW ,You're close to the ignore button with such a mindless statement . Revisit every match he has played in and tell me hes only worth that ........pathetic comment - one of the most ill thought out on here all season .

Last edited:

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah think so, wolves also convinced their fans, Brighton had scored before they had, hence the cheers around their stands
That's brilliant. Was wondering what all the fuss was about. The TV commentators kept on stressing the score was still 0-0 down on the south coast. The irony is, though, BHA scored a minute or so after. But brilliant bit of **** taking from Wolves fans. Love it!

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
Good point
Van Dyke, Alexander Anderson no mugs and very quick. Plus they press very well as a team. The goaly anticipated our through balls on a few occasions too, off his line very quickly. That's what 70 million gets you. Having said that on another day we could have had a couple from similar opportunities.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bit of both I’d say. We should certainly be happy with the amount of (chances to make) chances we had.
Sloppiness/quality of defence stopped most of them turning into proper chances.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played really well 2nd half, Doc MOTM, Coady and Boly very good.
Sorry but Jiminez worth £10m at most.
Maybe not his best game today, but ten million only buys ...... what most of a Ross McCormack or a sixth of a Grealish ........? :D

Poor comment Reans :(

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point
Van Dyke, Alexander Anderson no mugs and very quick. Plus they press very well as a team. The goaly anticipated our through balls on a few occasions too, off his line very quickly. That's what 70 million gets you. Having said that on another day we could have had a couple from similar opportunities.
Alexander Arnold was good going forward, but he was very poor defensively and we had a few opportunities to get in behind him. The Aldridge tweet is embarrassing.

D

Deleted member 4152

What do all the liverpool lovers on here think about their fans spitting on ours throughout the game today?

D

Deleted member 5910

Such disrespect for Nuno.

Andy Hampson on Twitter

D6YQI8xWAAAZk9u.jpg

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do all the liverpool lovers on here think about their fans spitting on ours throughout the game today?
What?.......really?......was this real and how prevalent was it?
In this day and age?...although I was sadly surprised when a Wolves fan threw a pie at somebody.
Ok...ok.....sorry, incredible from where I sit, is all.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Just Si Senor, Oh Joao Moutinho, His name is Conor Coady, we’ve got Neves, we’ve got Jonny, Matty Doherty, Diogo Diogo, Those Were The Days, Stevie Bulls a tatter, we are Wolves, Wolves ay we. But nah we didn’t sing about our team at all did we. What a twerp. Is it true that Liverpool fans turned up in Brighton tops? Might wanna think about what’s actually embarrassing.

paddy2929

Groupie
Reaction score
Just Si Senor, Oh Joao Moutinho, His name is Conor Coady, we’ve got Neves, we’ve got Jonny, Matty Doherty, Diogo Diogo, Those Were The Days, Stevie Bulls a tatter, we are Wolves, Wolves ay we. But nah we didn’t sing about our team at all did we. What a twerp. Is it true that Liverpool fans turned up in Brighton tops? Might wanna think about what’s actually embarrassing.
There was definitely one shown on sky sports during the game, embarrassing

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
My morning after verdict! :D

I thought we played really well! It was like a lot of our matches against the top teams, first 20-25 minutes we let them have a lot of possession, we sat back a bit, maybe a bit too much, I dunno, but then we grew into the game like we do, and second half I'd even go far enough to say we were the better side, definitely the most positive. I do think the news from Man City kinda killed Liverpool a bit, but we were stronger as it went on, if that second (offside!) goal hadn't gone in we might have been able to nick a point near the end, we had some decent chances at 1-0 and I think we'd have got a couple more but the 2-0 goal kinda deflated our hopes a bit.

First half was very strange, we sat really deep and said to Liverpool, come at us, which they did tbf. I thought for the first 25-30 minutes Liverpool were as good as anyone we've played this season, they pressed us well, played some good football, attacked down both sides. Not seen their goal again but I wonder if we got beat a bit too easily down the left side with the one-two? Looked like just one quick pass took out our defence. But apart from the goal they had one shot which Patricio saved well, but then the next best chance was when Doherty hit the bar near the end, lovely move btw, properly sliced them open.

Second half I thought we were the better team. Liverpool had kinda given up a bit though, they had nowhere near any intensity, and once Milner came on we completely bossed the midfield. Jimenez had two really good chances, Jota had one where the keeper made a great save, Doc had one where he ran onto it but cut inside when he could have took the shot, it was good to see even against a top, top team we played our football and created chances. We just need to be more clinical, that's for next season though I reckon, not being funny but Liverpool or City would probably have scored 2 or 3 of our chances. Second goal killed the game, it was offside but I've given up on expecting linesman to get things right this season, the same linesman first half gave a goal kick when it was clearly our corner. Ah well.

Thought our best players were our wing-backs, Jonny was brilliant first half, and Doc in the second half completely dominated that Robertson. The midfield took a while to get control but once they did, second half they were great. Thought Coady had an immense game along with Boly, Bennett did well but got caught a couple of times. Raul and Jota up front, not their best day but not because they weren't trying, they worked hard. Jimenez did actually get the better of Van Dijk a couple of times.

Still been a fabulous season though ay it! Like, if you'd have said to me in July or August, we'll finish 7th, take points of most of the big teams, play some amazing football, get 57 points and reach the semi-final of the cup, I'd have chopped your hand off for that! The one thing we can't really do this summer is think, well the current team is good enough for 7th so maybe they'll get 6th next year, that won't work we need to add quality in all positions, defence, midfield and strike. Based on the league table there's a 9 point gap to the top 6, so we can get there but we need to be more ruthless, more clinical. Second half yesterday was there for us to take but we couldn't.

Ratings:

:hearteyes:- Coady, Boly, Jonny, Doherty
:grinning:- Moutinho
:blush:- Patricio, Bennett, Neves, Dendoncker, Jota, Raul
:neutral:- Traore, Vinagre, MGW
:worried:-
:tired:-

R

reanswolf

The Doc had his best game of the season for me, he was superb.
Coady and Boly also excellent.

D

Deleted member 5635

Did Liverpool score an offside goal or were my eyes deceiving me watching yesterday?Reading reports from the media and commentary etc it must of been a completely legitimate goal.

R

reanswolf

Did Liverpool score an offside goal or were my eyes deceiving me watching yesterday?Reading reports from the media and commentary etc it must of been a completely legitimate goal.
Definitely offside..............not a mention of it on Sky today.
Surprise surprise :)-

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such disrespect for Nuno.

Andy Hampson on Twitter

D6YQI8xWAAAZk9u.jpg

**** me, who leaves a laptop unattended in Liverpool?

My verdict is Jota shouldve took his chances, Raul needs to be more composed and we showed far to much respect first half hour, we have some strong talent and shouldve played our game. Once we realised we could play our back line was excellent, took ball and played it to midfield lovely.
Oh and there offside was a joke.

All that boring stuff aside, what a season. Had a great time. We have taken the **** at most away games and yesturday no exception, the Liverpool fans dont like us now which is great.
Well played.

Back
Top Bottom