Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Little man big heart pink boots.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable player. His experience could be absolutely key in our, relatively, young side.
I can’t quite believe he swapped Monaco for Wolvo.

We are privileged to be watching Moutinho and the team Nuno has created.

The thing is we have a team, most of which has been purchased to suit the style we play and this is why it works so well. Just because it becomes fashionable to play a certain way doesn’t mean a team can suddenly play three at the back without the players to do it effectively. Nuno is ruthless in his desire to improve as demonstrated by the sidelining of players such as Saiss and Batth

D

Deleted member 5242

I was mildly concerned he may be a bit too similar to Neves, undoubted ability but a bit small in stature and with the English game the way it is thought they may get overrun by some teams who pack the midfield with 6ft 3 cloggers.

But what an absolute delight he is, really clicked on Sunday. Pressing all over the pitch, pure quality - he made Sundays game an absolute joy to watch.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he dropped a single pass on Sunday. Always seemed to be in a few yards of space and played the right ball each and every time. He's a classy operator. To get over 130 caps for Portugal, one of the worlds best international sides, I think tells its own story. His set pieces are non too shabby either.

£5 million!!

E

E is for idiot.

Calm , classy, cultured, these combined with his experience....what a player

It is crazy, we all creamed our pants over Neves last year and this year we have not only kept him but partnered him with someone even better. Gone are the days of Sako leaving on a free to be replaced by Ojo on loan.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently they are a new range of boots that are due to be debuted in tonight’s CL games...

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gives a masterclass every time he plays.

S

ShropshireLad

Probably right Edge but he has a decade more experience than Ruben.
What a midfield we have
I loved it when towards the end Burnley were encroaching from the half way line steadily towards the area and we dropped back in parallel lines of 5 and 4; a few fans around me were yelling "Get at him. Get at him, for ffs, get at him" but we continued to back off in parallel lines and the player couldn't pick out a decent pass. When he eventually did so at some stage it was quickly robbed off whoever had received it so Doc charged down the wing and received a super long diagonal pass which led to a shot and could have been a goal.

The point of this is that the players know their job as a team and instead of turning from attack to desperately defend like we used to do over the years we now have a team which can turn defence without panicking into attack at an instant.

Another good move was when we had a free kick in their half and the area was crowded, I think it was Neves who simply passed back to the half way line to Boly; they sprang out of defence so he picked Doc out on the wing who raced in with the ball towards an opened up defence and that should really have been a goal.

I'm beginning to love this sideways "crab" football more and more.

J

JimmyMac

Not the biggest but neither were Pirlo, Xavi and Iniesta.
Exactly! And look how good they were! I think he's an absolute steal at £5M. Before the season started, I thought it would be impossible for Neves' midfield partner to outshine him, but I think Moutinho is making a good job of doing just that at the moment. We are so lucky to have them both playing for us.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I loved it when towards the end Burnley were encroaching from the half way line steadily towards the area and we dropped back in parallel lines of 5 and 4; a few fans around me were yelling "Get at him. Get at him, for ffs, get at him" but we continued to back off in parallel lines and the player couldn't pick out a decent pass. When he eventually did so at some stage it was quickly robbed off whoever had received it so Doc charged down the wing and received a super long diagonal pass which led to a shot and could have been a goal.

The point of this is that the players know their job as a team and instead of turning from attack to desperately defend like we used to do over the years we now have a team which can turn defence without panicking into attack at an instant.

Another good move was when we had a free kick in their half and the area was crowded, I think it was Neves who simply passed back to the half way line to Boly; they sprang out of defence so he picked Doc out on the wing who raced in with the ball towards an opened up defence and that should really have been a goal.

I'm beginning to love this sideways "crab" football more and more.

This is the thing. A casual observer may think we pass for the sake of passing but there is ALWAYS purpose to how the ball is moved, like a game of chess waiting for our opponent to have a piece out of place before we ruthlessly attack. If you keep the ball for long periods it is a mental battle for all ten outfield players of the opposition to keep their shape and if they don't we have such clever players in attacking positions that this can be ruthlessly exposed in little time. And Moutinho is at the apex of all of this possession. I still can't quite fathom that he is playing for my club, and for only £5m. These are our salad days but our future could be almost unimaginable folks.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sort of central midfield player I have dreamed of us having for years! A fantastic player. We also have some very good young midfielders at the club now as well. The likes of Dendoncker who can play there and Watt and Goncalves both look highly promising and technically good players and of course not forgetting Saiss and Gibbs White.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s excellent but in response to some comments in the thread I don’t think he - or anyone - is better than Ruben!

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Ruben was our best player, and i didnt know much about the Pink Booted one, except that he had millions of caps for Portugal & was a friend of Rui, i can only say i must have been blind when i watched Portugal play, because he has proved that at the moment he is our best player, better than even our Ruben.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man U paid something like £35 million for some midfield geezer named Fred who at the moment looks ***te!

We spend £5 million on a midfield maestro who has slotted in seamlessly. Yes he is 31 but class is permanent. A great player who will make our Ruben even better.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man U paid something like £35 million for some midfield geezer named Fred who at the moment looks ***te!

We spend £5 million on a midfield maestro who has slotted in seamlessly. Yes he is 31 but class is permanent. A great player who will make our Ruben even better.
He's 32 now pal.....However the way he plays he will still be class when he's mid 30's.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my pet dislikes being as I'm a bit OCD is all the different coloured boots players wear??
Diogo Jota started the season with adidas yellow black boots fine :) Adama Troare wears yellow boots fine :)
White are not so bad 'cause of the second strip.. But pink is a no go all day long with yellow / gold :eek:
Mourthio should be wearing gold boots for a class player ;)

Last edited:

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 million is a steal. Remind me again how much Boro pay for Saville?

S

ShropshireLad

I thought Ruben was our best player, and i didnt know much about the Pink Booted one, except that he had millions of caps for Portugal & was a friend of Rui, i can only say i must have been blind when i watched Portugal play, because he has proved that at the moment he is our best player, better than even our Ruben.
Watching on TV is so different to being at a match. I would never have realised what was happening in those incidents I described in my post above if I'd been down the pub watching it.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
£5m. £5m! Can’t quite believe it even now.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Is it slutty of me to consider having Joao's and Ruben's babies?

Back
Top Bottom