Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Line up for Villa

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interested to see what everyone thinks/would like to see against Villa...

With Trincao out will he be replaced by either Traore or Podence? I would actually like to see Hwang and Jimenez play up to closer together..

What I would go with:

-------------------Sa--------------------
----------Kilman--Coady--Saiss----------
-Semedo-----------------------Ait-Nouri-
----Dendoncker---Neves---Moutinho----
------------Jimenez---Hwang-----------

Subs: Ruddy,Hoever,Marcal,Boly,Cundle,Podence,Traore,Campbell,Silva

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are they 3-5-2 ing?
Push their wing backs back and get at them.

Traore Jiminez Hee-Chan Podence
Neves Donk
Marcal Kilman Coady Hoever
Sa

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Kilman
Coady
Boly
Ait-Nouri

Neves
Donk

Traore
Jiminez
Hwang

I think its time for Boly to come back into the team and whilst he could come in for Coady (and move Saiss into the middle which is what I would prefer) I don't think Bruno will do this....yet.

If Raul isn't 100% after his recent game for Mexico (and the travelling involved), I'd play Hwang through the middle and put in Podence.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can't see Jiminez starting given the impact of jet lag & playing Thursday morning. Given Trincao is out I'd expect a front three of Traore - Hwang and Podence with Raul & Chem Campbell on the bench

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Raul maybe too knackered to start so I would go 3-5-2:

Kilman, Coady, Boly
Semedo Donk, Neves, Moutinho, RAN
Traore, Hwang

geowolf

Reaction score
Think Raul will start...

.............................Sa
.....Kilman......Coady......Saiss
Semedo....Neves....Mouthinho....Marcal
.......Traore.........Raul........Hwang

What a forward line that could be if the WBs push on.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although im sure he will start with Neves and Mouts,i would like to see Donk in there to cut off the midfield supply to their front line
Hope Raul is recovered,and i think he will start with Podence and leave Traore till last half hour
Hoping for a point but preparing for a loss with our post break record

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to get our mentality right more than anything else. Work hard, close them down and play with intensity.

I’d go 352 personally with
GK Sa
LWB Ran
CB Boly, Coady, Kilman
RWB Semedo
Cm Donk, Neves, Moutinho
fw RJ9 and Hwang

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd quite like to see Ait-Nouri come in for Marcal, mainly because I think it gives us more potency going forward.

Villa Team.jpg

Having Ait-Nouri attacking on the left flank gives Hwangy more freedom to push centrally when we have the ball, which gives Traore 2 targets in the box after he's put the other Targett on his backside.

Saiss can move across and Semedo can hold back to give us what's in effect a 4-4-2 when attacking. Something like this.....

Villa Team 2.jpg

I would prefer Kilman in Saiss's position to the left of the 3 and Boly coming in on the right, but I don't think he will change the back 3 until one of them has an absolute stinker.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly wouldnt go with all three of Donck, Moutinho and Neves. That would be too defensive. Would be tempted to either give Traore a free role or play Podence as a no10. Actually think MGW would have been ideal as a no10 behind Raul and Hwang.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly wouldnt go with all three of Donck, Moutinho and Neves. That would be too defensive. Would be tempted to either give Traore a free role or play Podence as a no10. Actually think MGW would have been ideal as a no10 behind Raul and Hwang.
I like the idea of Pod behind Raul and wor Hwang and I agree with not playing the 'The 3 CMs.

I hope to see Traore starting though. Fancy him to do something

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBB - Bring Back Boly.

Sa
Kilman Coady Boly
Semedo Donk Neves RAN
Podence
Raul Hwang
I think it’s time to look at that back three, Boly was always better on the left and Max seems settled on the right.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd quite like to see Ait-Nouri come in for Marcal, mainly because I think it gives us more potency going forward.

View attachment 24464

Having Ait-Nouri attacking on the left flank gives Hwangy more freedom to push centrally when we have the ball, which gives Traore 2 targets in the box after he's put the other Targett on his backside.

Saiss can move across and Semedo can hold back to give us what's in effect a 4-4-2 when attacking. Something like this.....

View attachment 24465

I would prefer Kilman in Saiss's position to the left of the 3 and Boly coming in on the right, but I don't think he will change the back 3 until one of them has an absolute stinker.
Takes me back to my football manager days

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I personally don’t see the point in playing a front 3 of Traore, Hwang and Raul and getting Traore and Hwang wide because if Hwang crosses there will only be Raul to aim for, as Traore rarely comes into the box in that situation and I just don’t see us scoring many all season, from high balls into the box.

I think we have seen the benefit of what can happen if Hwang and Raul play closer together so I would go 3-5-2 for this game, same line up as @SteveBullsKnee. Although I can see Saiss keeping his place, as changing a defence that’s doing it’s job well, leaves Bruno on a hiding to nothing.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
If we play Raul and Hwang together I’d be tempted to play traore at wing back. Plenty of space which semedo hasn’t been exploiting. Traore won’t run into the space without the ball but at least we know he will/ can when he receives the ball out on the right touch line.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bailey, Sanson, Traore, Trezeguet all out for Villa. Martinez and Luiz only returning tonight from South America.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was hoping they'd have to play their 2nd choice keeper, Martinez will unfortunately start but maybe still be on S American time.
When is Jiminez likely to be back in the country?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we play Raul and Hwang together I’d be tempted to play traore at wing back. Plenty of space which semedo hasn’t been exploiting. Traore won’t run into the space without the ball but at least we know he will/ can when he receives the ball out on the right touch line.
And leave Kilman totally exposed

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Killman Coady Saiss
Semado Neves Moutiniho Marcel
Traore Jimenez Hwang
Is what I expect.

There are very good cases to include Boly RAN Donk and Podence. But I’m not expecting it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Dendoncker Coady Kilman
Traore Neves Moutinho Marcal
Raul Podence
Hwang

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like to see Hwang and Jimenez together in a 2. Not sure how Id set the rest up though

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pity about the jet lag on Raul…..maybe he’ll feel ok and play after all.
I think RAN would be better connecting with Hwang rather than Marcal. Also we have to use Podence’s ability somehow…..maybe he and Traore can sub for each other but start Adama first.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why on earth would you bring Donk into CB when our back 3 has been pretty good on the whole...if we're changing a CB it has to be Boly coming in surely? And Traore at wb....ugh
Match the pace of their Bailey and Dendoncker is better in defence….

You’re probably one of the people saying Boly should play

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Traore doesn't get a start tomorrow then Bruno isn't going to start him much at all. Personally i would be quite happy with the op's line up.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Kilman Coady Saiss

Semedo Neves Moutinho Marcal

Traore Jiminez Hwang

Should have just said same as minimalist (above). Anyway it would be my preferred option with plenty of pace up front. I am not sure that Bruno is going to put Adama in though? He may opt for the little fella.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Match the pace of their Bailey and Dendoncker is better in defence….

You’re probably one of the people saying Boly should play
I wouldn't change the back 3 at all, it's been the least of our problems, Donk is OK as a backup CB, but no way is he a better defender than Saiss. Kilman has been good so far.
I'd much rather have Donk in midfield for his energy, whether to start or come on second half

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't change the back 3 at all, it's been the least of our problems, Donk is OK as a backup CB, but no way is he a better defender than Saiss. Kilman has been good so far.
I'd much rather have Donk in midfield for his energy, whether to start or come on second half
I hope whatever team is out we win that is all that matters. Hwang is world class. We all see it

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see that quite a few are putting Hwang in a three? No chance for me. Play him in a two with Raul. We largely saw this against Newcastle. Give Adama or Podence a free no10 style role.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope whatever team is out we win that is all that matters. Hwang is world class. We all see it
Bit soon to be calling him world class imo but yes he has to play, don't mind whether it's in a 2 or 3, looks to be working up an understanding with Raul which is very important for me

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not seen enough yet to suggest he is world class . A competent keeper saves both his shots against Newcastle IMO - without taking away that they were good finishes .

Everyone is so over dramatic on here ffs .

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see Adama play but just can't seem to find a spot for him with a front 2 of Hwang and Jimenez.
--------------Sa---------------------
--Semedo, Kilman, Boly (or Saiss), RAN--
---Donk, Neves, Moutinho (need numbers in midfield)--
-----------Podence (in the hole)------
----------Jimenez, Hwang-----------

Back
Top Bottom