Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester verdict

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Var decision aside not good enough
Our finishing is dog****
No urgency
Opposition down to 10 men but keep 3 at the back.
No urgency
We need to transition to a back 4 in games like this

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
it will be an unpopular decision but 70 mil for jimenez ? I would take it...too many missed chances and no its not based on tonight..ive been thinking it for quite a while...on another point- we should have had four more points against this lot and them 2 points less no thanks to VAR..Leicester seem to have had all the luck and Wolves ? well I think we all know the answer to that

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have won that, VAR aside.

If we have any aspirations of being a top side, we need to finish much better than we have been.

This comment from the web sums it up I think:

Two more dropped points for Wolves. They have only won one game so far this year. They have great talent but struggle to convert their chances and put their opponents away. At this rate their only chance at the UCL will be to win the Europa.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A very frustrating game - another one we should have won.

We were comfortably the better side but our finishing was either awful or unlucky. Least spoken about VAR the better - it's ruining the game.

Positives: Defensive display. Saiss and Boly absolutely superb.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Good overall performance. Comfortably the better side and can’t recall Leicester creating anything. Denied a victory by another VAR fiasco and wasteful finishing from Raul (he has to score that last header).

If only Diogo could come to the party this season. Would make a massive difference.

MoM: Saiss. Magnificent throughout. Thought Jonny played well too.

Patricio 6
Boly 7
Coady 6
Saiss 8
Doherty 7
Neves 7
Dendoncker 7
Jonny 7
Neto 6
Raul 6
Diogo 5

Traore 7

Decent performance but ultimately another missed opportunity at home against those chasing the Top 4 (or 5).

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20 minutes agin 10men, far too many draws this season. Not enough up front.

We need an additional striker, we are screaming for one.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
The positives Boly has made us solid at the back, didn't realise Vardy was on the pitch. Long throws at the end not quite up to Bennett standard. Doherty better than usual perhaps we should knock him on the head more often before we start games in the future.
As far as the mini break we should do the next one in Alaska too many players heads still in Marbella.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have won. Didn’t win. Story of a few games this season.

We need to start being ruthless in front of goal as, so far, we will miss out on CL places and it will 100% be all our fault.

Obviously VAR needs to get the **** out of our game.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit like the Man Utd game, the word for me is frustrated. We had chances but didn't take them. The familiar pattern of a slow first half then a more upbeat second half. I hardly noticed Vardy all night. I'd like to know what was wrong with Traore before the game because when he came on he made things happen. Leicester defenders were terrified of him. Goal correctly ruled out, but it's annoying as that isn't really what the offside rule is designed for. The commentators were doing my head in saying it was Jota offside when it was Neto.

Man of the match for me was Saiss. Didn't put a foot wrong all night and was like a wall. Two clean sheets in a row is a positive to take tonight.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We badly needed 3 points. Jimenez had three clear chances. Yes VAR ws a complete travesty yet again but we are drawing too many matches we should have won this season. Sheff U , Everton, Spurs, Man U will be delighted. Its no use being the better team again and again yet not getting the three points. Will struggle to get 5th or 6th at this rate. Frustrating.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR can die. Seriously. Way to ruin everything I ****ing enjoy in this game. Can we tell the United fans that Woodward lives in Stockley?

I'm done.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Played really well. Really really well.
Deserved to win but didn't. Our luck is due to turn surely.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good performance in a horribly tactical game.
Boly Coady Saiss all superb. Leicester barely had a sniff.

I couldn't give a **** how much of the ball Leicester had, if Raul has a good day we win that by 2 or 3. It's odd for him to mis-time two headers!
VAR a disgrace. Shouldn't even be looking at that. Pass played backwards to a guy whose stud was offside? **** off.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok game for us. Not clinical enough. When you look at the table and the opportunities we have to finish 5th or 4th, our lack of quality signings in the transfer windows is going to hurt our chances of european football next season.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We badly needed 3 points. Jimenez had three clear chances. Yes VAR ws a complete travesty yet again but we are drawing too many matches we should have won this season. Sheff U , Everton, Spurs, Man U will be delighted. Its no use being the better team again and again yet not getting the three points. Will struggle to get 5th or 6th at this rate. Frustrating.

And too many round here are too happy being the better team when there's nothing to show for it. History isn't going to remember "Wolves played really well against Liverpool and should have got something", all that will be remembered is we got 0 points. I'd take 5 scrappy wins over 5 "we were way better and should have won" draws/losses any day.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two clean sheets in a row. Twice against Leicester we should have won but for the insanity that is VAR. Raul wasteful but we made way more chances than them. We deserved to win and should have won. Robbed.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another dull performance. Another missed opportunity. Really frustrating. I don't think we played well, I don't think we played poorly... just a bit "meh".

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pedestrian going forward for large portions of the match......very good defensively, whatever.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What don’t you understand?
We need to be braver otherwise we’re not going to improve much more imo

Doesn’t understand half the comments you’ve made.
As in:

Saw plenty of urgency in the last 20 minutes. If you haven’t noticed, that’s been kinda Nuno’s thing.

Why should we need to switch to a back 4? Boly and Saiss spent most of the last quarter of the game in the opposing half, our WBs round the box.
1 man in our half. That’s about the norm for any team pushing for a winner, in any formation.

The only sensible thing you said was **** finishing, which was blatantly true. How Jimenez plants that perfect header against Liverpool then misses 3 headed chances of similar difficulty I’ll never know, but that’s the way it goes. **** happens.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasteful from Wolves. Some good build up play but couldn't finish. VAR is spoiling football. Top four is very unlikely (as I thought it was before the match).

Rui - 7 - Did nothing wrong. Actually did nothing as Leicester offered little in attack.
Saiss - 7.5 - Had a good match.
Coady - 7- Some delightful passes as usual.
Boly - 7.5- Scored a good goal. Hasn't put a foot wrong in two matches since his comeback.
Jonny - 8 - MotM. Handful going forward. Defensively sound.
Neves - 7 - Did OK.
Dendoncker - 6.5 - Ok
Doherty - 6.5 - Battled well with a troublesome head injury.
Neto - 6.5 - Some good deliveries from free kicks and set pieces. Unlucky not to have an assist to his name.
Jimenez - 6 - Wasteful. Never stopped trying, but had enough good chances to score.
Jota - 5 - Poor all round display. Surprised he wasn't subbed when Neto went off.

Traore - 7 - Looked better with him on the field. Might have scored and set up an assist for Jimi.
Moutinho - 6 - OK.
Podence - 5.5 - Didn't really contribute much.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looked very good defensively. Leicesters best chance came from a big deflection.
Very much felt like 2 points dropped though.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far too many draws this season because we've not taken easy chances or conceded stupid goals. These months without Europe were meant to be the time we cemented our place but instead we've just lost ground and are now going back to 2 games a week while trying to play catch up.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were a bit limp to be honest. The Neves 'specials' and late goals have gone. Leicester were poor but they ended up with 9 men. Vardy must have touched the ball twice!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outplayed the 3rd best team in the league again... and would have won if it was last season (as in the 1st game).

Excellent defensively again with Boly back in the team.

Lots of positives.

Like against Liverpool? Comes a time when we have to win these games if we want top 6 or we'll be relegated to plucky also rans

Benny78

Reaction score
The clean sheet actually means a lot. At least the last couple haven’t seen us concede. It’s so good seeing us strong down back. Our attacking players will find form again and we’ll return to the winners circle- hopefully on Thursday!! Go Wolves.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t understand half the comments you’ve made.
As in:

Saw plenty of urgency in the last 20 minutes. If you haven’t noticed, that’s been kinda Nuno’s thing.

Why should we need to switch to a back 4? Boly and Saiss spent most of the last quarter of the game in the opposing half, our WBs round the box.
1 man in our half. That’s about the norm for any team pushing for a winner, in any formation.

The only sensible thing you said was **** finishing, which was blatantly true. How Jimenez plants that perfect header against Liverpool then misses 3 headed chances of similar difficulty I’ll never know, but that’s the way it goes. **** happens.

I see your points but I’d rather have jota or neves on instead of saiss when we are pushing for a win

Back
Top Bottom