Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Vs Wolves verdict

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No real way to sugar coat it, that’s a poor result against a severely weakened Leeds United, that only just scraped relegation* last season.

The club simply has to act, we need fire power/ good finishers in this team… Failure to address this and I genuinely believe we’ll be in the mix for the drop.

Fosun, you have to act.

*Edit: survival

Last edited:

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh Wolves - how I’ve missed you ruining my weekends!!

Dendoncker was our best player second half, and that’s saying something.

We look so exposed with 4 at the back. Basically 2 at the back at times with the full backs up the pitch.

We’re going to rely on outscoring the opposition and that’s going to be hard without a striker!!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well in phases but we defended very poorly, both goals were comical to a degree. Think that back 4 will leak a lot this season.

Leeds tired early in the 2nd half and their coach responded by making 4 subs, while we couldn't due to having next to no options available. Negligent by Shi and Sellars.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Masters of our own downfall again. Should have been a game we at least got a point out of but the old failing of not taking our chances comes home to roost. Two poor goals to concede means we start the season with nil points. Business as usual.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto was a our only shining light. Thought Kilman and Donk were decent. The rest i think were below average. A good side will tear us to shreds if we continue to be this open.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have converted the second half dominance.

Too much passing sidewards and then back and putting us under pressure.

The ‘bench’ and the use of it is a disgrace.

Lage walking straight down the tunnel is a disgrace.

Frustrating I’m afraid.

PS here’s hoping forest come back for Gibbs White, woeful.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were the better team but who gives a ****.

We lost to a poor team. Fuming

I'm genuinely concerned watching that. We are only really 2 players missing but the way we set up because of it caused us no end of issues. People need to stop making excuses for the lack of transfer dealings and Fosun need to get their act together because their investment will be in a relegation battle if they dont find some funds.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for the first 20 minutes of the second half, but otherwise poor and guilty of giving the ball away cheaply.
Sa at fault for the first goal and Donk maybe should have scored. I thought Hwang looked one of our better players today....
Very poor to have so little game changing experience to bring on. If that is not addressed we will be sleepwalking into the bottom three.

R

reanswolf

It’s hard to gauge so early but I really do fear a long hard season for us.

So disappointing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, in the way only Wolves could do. I fear a really poor atmosphere if we lose the next home game.

All self inflicted.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have converted the second half dominance.

Too much passing sodeqards and then back and putting us under pressure.

The ‘bench’ and the use of it is a disgrace.

Lage walking straight down the tunnel is a disgrace.

Frustrating I’m afraid.

PS here’s hoping forest come back for Gibbs White, woeful.
If I was Bruno I'd be tempted to walk to be honest. The bloke is trying to implement a new system and way of playing, yet hasn't been backed whatsoever. 1 signing compared to last season in Collins and that's it. You can see why Nuno was happy to go, could likely see the writing on the wall with regards to recruitment.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Jeff is hiring Vinny as extra muscle for next Saturday, us legacy fans paying inflation busting season ticket price rises won’t put it with that dog****.

If we dont beat Fulham i can see a big turn against Fosun after that game. Its obvious we are at least 3 first team players short. Its going to be toxic.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute cringe situation with the bench and subs.

That squad looked like Portsmouth's when their financial meltdown started in the PL.

Can see this season being played against a toxic atmosphere.

Feel really sorry for a core of talented players who deserve more than the club's management seems willing to give them.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good performance from Dendoncker, Neves and Gibbs-White better in the second half, Hwang not a total disaster and occasional flashes from Neto and Podence, but we've just lost to a weakened Leeds side comfortably after only a brief rally in the second half and woeful game management, and in trying to save the game our only option was Chem ****ing Campbell.

Shi and Sellars have gambled and lost. Now they have four weeks to save our season.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Picked up where we left off last season, couldn’t buy a second goal, honestly don’t know that buying a striker will solve anything but the bench today was a terrifying omen. Out of ideas at this point but 37 games left to play, definitely a bottom 5 squad at the moment but hopeful that we will grow in to our new shape. I don’t really know what else to say, the result seemed inevitable.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a continuation of the majority of last season.

Too careless and indecisive in the opposition box, when having good situations to punish the opponent, and reliant upon the keeper and centre backs to withstand too much pressure at times. When they crack, we lose (or have to settle for a draw at best), as the "attack" never gels, because there is simply not the right ingredients of a ruthless goalscorer in the mix and too many "attackers" who just bring flicks and tricks as their main asset. This season we have substituted MGW for Trincao and are seemingly content to let Podence start matches.

The recruitment has been so badly managed by the powers that be for 3 years now. It's pretty hard to say if Lage is a lemon as he is probably the head coach being given the worst support in the division now that Dyche and Burnley have gone.

We've had since February 1st to identify targets from anywhere on the planet, to conduct our due diligence on whether the players are open to coming and to know what type of financing such deals would involve and 6 months later, we managed to get a young player from a relegated team who have financial trouble.

Last edited:

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Predictable. My fear is Lage is a yes man and will not demand more from Fosun. As for the game Leeds were not great but they hurry and press you with great energy and determination. We knew what to expect but had no plan to counter it. On that showing MGW didn’t do his chances of being a Premier player much good. I’ve said it before I’m not a fan of RAN and never understood the fuss made over him. His defending isn’t great and his forward play doesn’t produce much either. He releases the ball too late and his football brain is lacking too. He could have overlapped Neto in the 1st half but didn’t and then he had acted of space to drive into the box and cut back the ball but decided to lob it into the box too high for MGW. The fact we’re now allowed 5 subs is just a **** take for us when we didn’t have one player that could change the game today. Depressing start to the new season and the only glint of hope is that this game illustrates how light we are and Fosun sanction a few signings but not holding my breath.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Usual slow play in transition
Looked better second half tbf,but one good move from them was enough,amazing what moving the ball quickly and accurately can do
They had fresh legs to bring on, while we persevered with Hwang, who was obviously injured, until 5 minutes from time
Some good patches of play, but way too open at the back for this league
We are not going to out score opponents,and it may be more entertaining but in the end its results that matter
Its only one game and away from home, but theres a lot of warning signs already im afraid

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Shi & Sellars.

You're incompetence and arrogance has meant we were effectively in a 37-game season (could be 36 if nothing happens next week, and so on). You couldn't even give the manager one attacking sub that he would've wanted to use.

Let's hope it doesn't cost us come the end of the season. You can take some encouragement from the second half display but the reality is we lost.

From the start of the second half until the 70th minute it was one-way traffic. It was total domination. That does offer some hope for the future, that the XI we have is good enough to be competitive in the league.

However, football is now a 16/17 man thing, it's not 11.

There was nothing to freshen things up when we needed it. We've had to play Hwang for near enough the full game after 93 minutes in pre-season. And, fair play to him, he was good.

The players were visibly knackered, hence why we did nothing after they took the lead.

Of course, you can point at individuals. Jose Sa was embarrassing for the first goal and Ait-Nouri had an awful game defensively.

But the reality is we couldn't change things when we needed to. The squad was exposed on game one and we are NOWHERE near where we need to be - all because of those clowns at the top.

One sub when you can use five. ONE. If that's Lage not sending a message then I don't know what is. But, to be honest, he shouldn't pussyfoot around it. Grow a pair Bruno and call them out. Call them incompetent. Call them amateur. I highly doubt you will lose your job because the public would ALL be on your side.

Shameful, shambolic and disgraceful from those idiots. They deserve sacking. They genuinely do. It's far too often and this time has really taken the ****.

Aside from those ****s who are seemingly trying to take us down. A lot of encouragement from the second half display.

Boost this squad by 3/4 and we could have a decent season, unfortunately I don't think that will happen.

Collins and Kilman grew into the game and did well. We couldn't deal with the manic pressure from them inside the first 30 minutes but even then, they struggled to create a clear chance and the reality is that Sa has thrown one in.

Second half we were that good and that in control that you actually knew their goal was coming.

Then, as mentioned above, we tired and had no game-changing player.

Leeds are in trouble but so are we unless we act this week.

We HAVE to get points early on because of this fixture list.

Game 7-10 are Liverpool, City, West Ham (A) and Chelsea. We could easily lose all those four no matter who we have.

This week is huge for the club, even at this early stage, we can't afford complacency but unfortunately that's exactly what those ****s in charge have done.

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Obvious for all to see, if we don't sign at least 3 decent players then its going to be a long season.I don,t think relegation but lower half of table.In parts we played ok but midfield needs strengthening and a new centre forward is a must.Next week will show us where we are. Over to you Jeff put up or sell up.

Back
Top Bottom