Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Vs Wolves verdict

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say the lack of a squad is a problem. The lack of any decent finishers is THE problem.

I think it is overplayed to be honest. Neto and Podence play all season i think they share 15 goals. Jimenez? Yeah alright, i see the concern there after last year but if he regains a little form he can score 12-15. That is nearly 30 goals for the front three which is a good return outside the top six.

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
That's sad mate. But you are probably like me. I really try not to care, and then get ****ed off...which means I do care, and I can't even fool myself!
Wtf...

Laughable.. show some backbone man.
Christ almighty the completely and utterly over the top reaction after the first game of the season is laughabl.e. Mind you if you look at Villatalk it’s pretty much the same

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Due to poor internet on Dawlish beach I only saw 15 minutes at the start of the second half. I thought we were brilliant.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why let a striker go out on loan ?
We win with Silva today imo
If Silva played a few more games last season, maybe he stays? I got the impression Bruno didn't really want to keep him or Hoever.
No excuses for not bringing replacements for either though.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ almighty the completely and utterly over the top reaction after the first game of the season is laughabl.e. Mind you if you look at Villatalk it’s pretty much the same
My comment was ott ? Really? You must have had a very sheltered existence.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finances. You can’t buy anyone with no money
Steve I know you have some kind of relationship with Sellars the way you keep defending him but sometimes you need to be a bit more realistic.
Fosun have all the money in the world they just do not want to spend it. But it was Fosun's choice to bjuy this club and push to move it towards the top level. They are failing miserably. We are going backwards. Neither Shi nor Sellars have the capabilities to achieve success the way they are mismanaging the club at present.
It is impossible to know whether Lage is good enough but he is certainly not being given the resources to do more than he has at present.
There is so much more potential for this club but unless there is a change at the top instead of challenging to join the top of the tree we will just have to cross our fingers that there will be three clubs worse than us this season if we are to stay up.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back a while now and what a dispiriting afternoon for the 3k who travelled. For me surrounded by Leeds fans on the train, on the shuttle bus there and back to the ground was just damn hard. On the game you can see what Lage is trying to do; fast, intricate stuff but with no striker what's the point? Neves was outstanding but you wonder whether he will be able, almost single-handed, to keep it up game after game? I thought Collins and Kilman had strong games but were let down by the FBs, esp RAN who had a stinker. We need to persevere with the 4 which most probably means saying farewell to Coady so he can ensure his England call up. If we need cash to buy then his sale will at least generate funds. In summary we were the better team overall and the 25 minutes after HT was excellent but when you're on top, as we were, you must score and we never looked likely to do so. If Jeff is waiting for the injured players to return and is not reinforcing the squad WITH QUALITY, esp up top, then we are very likely, on today's evidence, to be down there with the likes of Leeds and Soton and Forest. Worrying times indeed.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is Jeff

Only explanation for defending this ****
No, just looking further than my nose and one game. Try it, you might like it
Steve I know you have some kind of relationship with Sellars the way you keep defending him but sometimes you need to be a bit more realistic.
Fosun have all the money in the world they just do not want to spend it. But it was Fosun's choice to bjuy this club and push to move it towards the top level. They are failing miserably. We are going backwards. Neither Shi nor Sellars have the capabilities to achieve success the way they are mismanaging the club at present.
It is impossible to know whether Lage is good enough but he is certainly not being given the resources to do more than he has at present.
There is so much more potential for this club but unless there is a change at the top instead of challenging to join the top of the tree we will just have to cross our fingers that there will be three clubs worse than us this season if we are to stay up.
with a zero budget what does Sellars do? He can’t magic players can he?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You would defend Sellars if he had an open cheque book. He has seen an ever increasing downward trend in this club but has done nothing but pick up his monthly cheque. If he and Shi had any ability they would be turning round to Fosun and say that this is not working and unless they take major steps we will be heading for relegation. But maybe they are just trying to hold on to their jobs for a little longer.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So where is the money that was going to buy Sanches and Botman?
That was more than the £20m Collins cost, plus we have savings in salary from the lads who have now left in the summer.
To imply there is no money or budget when we are a premier league club in our 5th season with all that TV money, the money we are making from esports, The record label plus the megastore in the expensive financial district in China…… plus we have had a jaunt in Europe so to say there is no bigger doesn’t wash with me. There was money in Jan, where is it now? Where is the money saved in salaries for players we haven’t replaced?0

If they can afford to lose all that prize money from Jan positions to the last days drop of 4million by not strengthening when even stevie wonder could see we needed it, then I am sorry they have money as you shouldn’t gamble with money you don’t have…… so if they could gamble all that prize money by not investing and strengthening, then we have the cash.

If there is no money, clearly they lied to us that our increased ticket fees were to make us more competitive because all we have seen the last two seasons is regression and a worsening squad with no options of quality to our manager.

They relied on favours from mendes to give us the glory days, they are long gone as they aren’t using him and they clearly are too stupid and ineffective to do it without him. Take away the mendes clients we got at a steal because of him and we aren’t having the years we have had.

Scott sellers had nothing to do with that and he is failing at wolves just like he failed at city with all the money they threw at him to give an academy with future talent, but they had next to no players in the set ups and that scared city so they sacked him because he wasn’t performing. The guy is a total fraud who shouldn’t be in his position as he cannot and has not ever delivered in lower ranking jobs. You could give him a Man Utd or Chelsea cheque book and he would still fail like he did at city with all the money and faculties he had there

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
… so you do think it would have been wise to replace him. I agree with loaning him out, he needs it. But Wolves needs come before Fabio’s (or any other player), so he should have been replaced first.

Yes, I've had a striker as our #1 need for a year now - right back to when we played well but couldn't score in those matches early last season. While improvements at CH are obviously good, I'm on record here saying it doesn't matter if we had the best CH in Europe in a back 4, we still aren't going to score goals, because we don't have goal scorers. Not surprised by today, though disappointed as we played enough good football, we should have scored when on top.

TBF We did look better in the friendlies, I think Raul was missed today. But yes, we can't rely on just one real striker and a development project. As is pointed out many many times here, virtually all the top strikers didn't even start scoring in Premier League till they were at least 23. That's why I don't even expect Fabio to lead the line for 2 years minimum.

Why the club have relied on Raul alone for so long, I have no idea. Perhaps this time they think he will be back in 2 -3 weeks, so it isn't worth panic buying for now? Chem Campbell is a prospect, so give him the 10 minutes at the end of matches if needed?

And it's just terminology on "replaced" , I think we need another in "addition" to Fabio and need it even if he wasn't on loan. He's not yet good enough to be backup striker in one of the top leagues. Though fine for cup matches and the occasional sub appearance.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jiminez, Moutinho, Traore, Semedo. Make a difference?
So as long as the entire squad stay fit for the whole season we’re laughing then?

actually thought the lads did well today, played in Leeds half and showed a lot of intent. Much more enjoyable than most the stuff we’ve watched for 2 and half years. The lack of a striker and a midfielder who can carry the ball was obvious but it’s been obvious for a long, long time so not a surprise.

RAN needs to stop showing off, ****ing ridiculous for the first goal.

Really like what Bruno’s trying to do, hopefully he’ll get some help in the next couple of weeks.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think we played badly really, lost because we couldn't put away our chances which is a surprise to no one.
Can't think of a chance we made outside the goal and Dendoncker at the end of the first half.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a plant on here by the club which is clearly obvious. Either works for them or knows them on a personal level. His posts never change. He’d back Shi and sellars if they dropped us into the conference

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely predictable .
We cant ever score three goals .
So we have to keep the barn door shut .

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Didn’t realize Bruno had a gun to his head and couldn’t make another substitution.

Attachments

• 0FC27E30-DCA6-4E73-935D-803D5C7DD096.jpeg
    0FC27E30-DCA6-4E73-935D-803D5C7DD096.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 43
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Didn’t realize Bruno had a gun to his head and couldn’t make another substitution.
He was trying to win the game, the best players were all on the pitch bar Campbell. Making changes for the sake of it is not what managers do, when Pep is happy with a game he often doesn't even make 1 until right at the end.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a continuation of the majority of last season.

Too careless and indecisive in the opposition box, when having good situations to punish the opponent, and reliant upon the keeper and centre backs to withstand too much pressure at times. When they crack, we lose (or have to settle for a draw at best), as the "attack" never gels, because there is simply not the right ingredients of a ruthless goalscorer in the mix and too many "attackers" who just bring flicks and tricks as their main asset. This season we have substituted MGW for Trincao and are seemingly content to let Podence start matches.

The recruitment has been so badly managed by the powers that be for 3 years now. It's pretty hard to say if Lage is a lemon as he is probably the head coach being given the worst support in the division now that Dyche and Burnley have gone.

We've had since February 1st to identify targets from anywhere on the planet, to conduct our due diligence on whether the players are open to coming and to know what type of financing such deals would involve and 6 months later, we managed to get a young player from a relegated team who have financial trouble.

10/10 for your verdict, absolutely spot on!

Lots of pretty build up play but if you can't put the ball in the net youre always going to struggle.
Thought Hwang Neto and Donk our better players.....
Ait Nouri, Jonny and Sa ( till he redeemed himself with the one handed save) abysmal.

The first game of a new season when you can make 5 subs, youre losing the game and only bring on one inexperienced " youngster" because you have a total lack of options to change the game, you know youre in for a tough year.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I wrong in thinking our squad is amongst the 5th worst in the Prem?
Yes. The three promoted teams, Southampton, Leeds, Brentford and Everton all worse than us. Probably have a better squad than Brighton and Palace too

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. The three promoted teams, Southampton, Leeds, Brentford and Everton all worse than us. Probably have a better squad than Brighton and Palace too
Worrying though one of them has already beaten us and wouldn't bet against any of the others not doing it with the current imbalanced squad

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worrying though one of them has already beaten us and wouldn't bet against any of the others not doing it with the current imbalanced squad
Over a season though the better side/squad will usually prevail. We did the double over Man City in 19/20, didn't win the bloody league!

We do need a couple of players to address the imbalance, but the quality (especially in the first XI) is there

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over a season though the better side/squad will usually prevail. We did the double over Man City in 19/20, didn't win the bloody league!

We do need a couple of players to address the imbalance, but the quality (especially in the first XI) is there

We have no options in central midfield or attack and wing back. Take a look at the bench today. Clear that Bruno doesnt trust any of these young players who have virtually no first team experience and we are meant to be a Premier League club! We had better options on the bench in league one!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'm actually not averse to not having loads of depth, as with our wage bill it will mean dreck. But we are at absurd levels now even for me.

I'd rather a core of ~17 really good first team outfield players + 2 goalkeepers but at the moment we are two shy of that because we have at least 1 CBs too many.

As a none big 6 club to have a great season you have to get lucky with injuries like we did our first two years so you can't have a big squad but we are taking the ****

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no options in central midfield or attack and wing back. Take a look at the bench today. Clear that Bruno doesnt trust any of these young players who have virtually no first team experience and we are meant to be a Premier League club! We had better options on the bench in league one!
We literally have injuries to starters in every position you've mentioned. If any side outside the Sky 6 gets three or four injuries to first teamers the bench will look weak. Throw Semedo, Moutinho, Traore and Raúl into that line up today and we look much stronger

Lage's apparent refusal to trust youngsters is another thing entirely

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him Chelsea's bench and then make that comment. he probably knows these players aren't good enough, or likely is making a point to the owners.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We literally have injuries to starters in every position you've mentioned. If any side outside the Sky 6 gets three or four injuries to first teamers the bench will look weak. Throw Semedo, Moutinho, Traore and Raúl into that line up today and we look much stronger

Lage's apparent refusal to trust youngsters is another thing entirely
Yeah he probably doesn't trust them like most Prem managers don't. Because they aren't good enough. The odds of a team finding more than one good premier league player out of their academy in 3-5 years is very low. Idea we should have 4 or 5 on the pitch is madness

Back
Top Bottom