Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Verdict

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand how its a yellow. It’s one of those challenges where the keeper clears the forward out winning the ball. If he gets straight back up Jimenez isn’t booked.

Defending was pathetic though, we regularly lose our heads when things go against us.

Absolute sickener that is. And against a team as **** and dislikable as Leeds.

Last edited:
T

TheConcourse

Yeah, Kevin Friend was staggeringly bad. It was never a red.. but..

Raul played the percentages on a yellow. It was a ridiculous tackle to commit to, he was never getting there.

People seem to be happy with our back three. Sorry, did anyone see what happened when we opened up just slightly tonight? They’re a defensive car crash.

Coady, Boly, Saiss, Kilman - all of them. None of them can play when the game is open, they get absolutely terrorised when the heat is turned up.

I mean Saiss, my god, he’s had five or six absolute stinkers on the bounce. Cost us against Arsenal, cost us against West Ham. He’s the weakest of weak links right now.

Bruno: instead of fighting with Ted Lasso, focus on shutting up shop or stretching them the other way. Really poor management.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad I'm not in attendance tonight as I'm baying for Kevin Friends blood and would happily do time to smash the c*** up!!!
Every mistimed Wolves challenge up until Raul's red is punished with cards. Two Leeds elbows making contact with heads in first half totally unpunished!!!
****ing raging!!!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11 vs 11 we win that 4 or 5-0.

Absolutely disgusting refereeing all game.

How can you blame Raul for that second yellow? He literally looked to pull out but was already running towards the keeper.

Honestly, yet again, refs have ****ed us up the **** at vital stages of the season.

Defending onwards was pitiful but still… it would have been cigars out.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our supporters love being victims to refs. Its never Wolves fault for being in these rubbish spots due to stupid play. Its never just incompetence.
Stupid play? This is not in a million years a foul, let alone a yellow card. Friend ****ed us 7 minutes into the second half, I'm afraid. It's nothing to do with playing the victim. VAR must be implemented for second yellows immediately.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Raul was sent off for absolutely nothing....
watch it on replay he pulled out,....all we had to do was see out the game yet somehow we managed to screw that up. Saiss for their second combine with Sa coming all the way out and Boly for their third. Travesty.

Trincao looked as good as he did in those first three games, the shot that hit the post was special, the goal wasnt easy, and the shot towards the end was well saved. Tough decisions ahead in regards to him. Hes clearly a decent player but not every team is a ****e as Leeds defensively

R

reanswolf

I must admit with Neves off injured, the moment Raul was sent off, I suspected that would happen. Leeds are so high energy against our slow lumps at the back, and the Leeds fan base suddenly came alive (they weren't the 12th man until they scored but give them credit, they were still the noisiest fans we have seen at Molineux this season when they got level). First half the atmosphere was very good in the South Bank.

Our small squad is coming home to haunt us. We picked them apart as the first half progressed and the game spun on a sixpence with the Raul challenge. Simple as that. Didn't surprise me one bit once that happened thereafter.

Gutted.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but as bad as our defending was at 10 men, Kevin Friend's decision brought those circumstances about. He cost us three crucial points with his ridiculous call, where it looked more likely that the keeper wiped out Raul. Burnley all over again. VAR needs to be changed so that 2nd bookings are assessed.
Agreed. Don’t understand how it’s possible VAR reviews straight reds and not double yellows.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN, Saiss, Donk.

Watch the 3 of them for Leeds goals.

Awful. Awful. Just awful.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I turned off when raul got the red, really angry with him for doing that, such a costly error.

Here are are a few First half ratings because second half was just nullified by that red.

Boly was great, brilliant performance. So dominant.
Moutinho brilliant.
Trincao was very good.
Ait nouri excellent.

Raul mate you ****ed up badly.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I turned off when raul got the red, really angry with him for doing that, such a costly error.

Here are are a few First half ratings because second half was just nullified by that red.

Boly was great, brilliant performance. So dominant.
Moutinho brilliant.
Trincao was very good.
Ait nouri excellent.

Raul mate you ****ed up badly.
RAN is good at running with the ball but his final ball is so poor

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Raul had every right to go for that ball but being on a yellow card he could as well be more careful. HIs dismissal derailed what probably would be a goal fest for us. It doesn't explain though the defending for all the conceded goals, particularly the 2nd (what has Saiss done?!) and the 3rd.

I'm absolutely sick and feel so down that I can't force myself to do anything! My weekend is done.

I hate football but I'll be back again when we play Newcastle.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Blame whoever you want, but you should be able to see out 2-0 at home versus Leeds with 7 players let alone 10. They are awful.

Sad end to the season that.
This is it in a nutshell. We lost our heads big time. We had enough experienced heads out there to see that one out comfortably. I’ve never seen a team lose their shape so badly after going a man down.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit with Neves off injured, the moment Raul was sent off, I suspected that would happen. Leeds are so high energy against our slow lumps at the back, and the Leeds fan base suddenly came alive (they weren't the 12th man until they scored but give them credit, they were still the noisiest fans we have seen at Molineux this season when they got level).

Our small squad is coming home to haunt us. We picked them apart as the first half progressed and the game spun on a sixpence with the Raul challenge. Simple as that. Didn't surprise me one bit once that happened thereafter.

Gutted.
13th man mate, surely???

Green Wolf

Reaction score
Raul needs to be dropped.
Saiss needs to be dropped.

Friend needs to be fired into the sun with a large cannon.

****ing great start to the weekend. Utter ****.
About sums it up. Though I'm not sure I'd let the sun have all the fun. Jimenez needs to reflect long and hard on the entirety of his contribution tonight.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stupid play? This is not in a million years a yellow card. The ref ****ed us 7 minutes into the second half, I'm afraid.
It was a bad call. But this post sums it up best.
Yeah, Kevin Friend was staggeringly bad. Raul played the percentages on a yellow. It was a ridiculous tackle to commit to, he was never getting there.
What happened after this and letting 3 goals in is actually the inexcusable part. Can't beat Leeds why the **** do our supporters delude themselves with Europe? Especially when they BLOW it everytime they have a chance to really move up into a position? Frustrating.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's face it, saiss is a panic merchant and Coady isn't good enough either. Raul is finished, and so should be Friend.

A late season flurry was on the cards but that's it now. Let's use the remaining to give youth a chance and decide on who can **** off once and for all. Saiss, Coast, Donk, Raul for starters.

What happened to Neves? Missed the first half.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul nearly did another Raul seconds after he got booked, really not surprised at all he got sent off again, it just seemed inevitable. I think he’s lost the plot. Didn’t need to challenge the keeper, but did it anyway.

Lage and his bench should be embarrassed with themselves, got completed sidetracked arguing about **** all with some ***** on the Leeds bench who seemingly was just there to do just that. Absolutely unprofessional and Lage was the worst culprit.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Shambles. Whatever your thoughts on the red card, to collapse like that against one of the poorest sides in the league is absolutely pathetic. They should all be embarrassed of themselves.
Cheer up, Trincao raised his stock :laughing:

T

TheConcourse

Can we put the myth together about our leader tonight? Please.

A leader pulls the players together and gets the team tough to break down for 10 minutes whilst emotions are high.

We need a clear out in the summer if we’re serious about progress. It has to start at the back.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul had every right to go for that ball but being on a yellow card he could as well be more careful. HIs dismissal derailed what probably would be a goal fest for us. It doesn't explain though the defending for all the conceded goals, particularly the 2nd (what has Saiss done?!) and the 3rd.

I'm absolutely sick and feel so down that I can't force myself to do anything! My weekend is done.

I hate football but I'll be back again when we play Newcastle.

Agree with that. Raul was unfairly sent off, but it’s not the first time he hasn’t used his experience to avoid giving the ref a chance at a second yellow is it?

Words fail me with Friend though. The man is simply beyond poor as a ref.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's face it, saiss is a panic merchant and Coady isn't good enough either. Raul is finished, and so should be Friend.

A late season flurry was on the cards but that's it now. Let's use the remaining to give youth a chance and decide on who can **** off once and for all. Saiss, Coast, Donk, Raul for starters.

What happened to Neves? Missed the first half.
What a load of *******s

Back
Top Bottom