Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds v Wolves comms thread.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he is suggesting Bruno may go off about lack of signings

I wish he would and not tow the spiel the club is banging on about patience, finding the right player and all of that obvious spin and bluster.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I don't but ultimately I think we'll get players in, and certain players back from injury. And I don't think Lage will be around by the end of October.
No I don’t think Lage will be here for long either. But then who?… if the club isn’t investing adequately it could work against them if a replacement is required.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do… I don’t trust them, the state of this team is borderline negligence on their part and we’ll go down as a result of their mismanagement.
Not pant wetting but we can’t score enough goals or have any kind of squad depth that can affect a game positively.
I too dislike the slimy, snideness of it. I don't trust them either.

Reaction score
Id drive MGW to forest myself for 35m. Take the money and play Ronan, use it to strengthen in the championship

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno going to get called into Jeffs office on Monday after the press conference later.

You’ve got that wrong Ned.

Jeff will be called into Bruno’s office TOMORROW morning!

Get the 4 quality players we need or the fans will be on your back first, Sellars second and I will have their sympathy!

I know it’s one game and our first of the season but we haven’t won since April!

It’s so obvious what needs to be done Jeff, so do it or risk throwing away all the hard work, the effort and worse of all losing the faith of the fans who have stood by you (and FOSUN) in our journey.

Don’t leave until the end of the transfer window. Get on the phone as soon as you leave my office, send the emails and texts to the agents of the dozens of players we have supposedly been linked with and earn your money. We have a recruitment team who do not recruit, so why do we need them. Jeff, the buck stops with you and Scott, just give me the right tools if you want me to do a job. At the moment a lot of my tools are in disrepair and there is no quality in their replacements.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the **** can you blame Bruno for that? Our Chairman and head of football are the culprits and they both need to **** off.
I think the U-Turn in your opinion speaks volumes, mate. You’ve always been a positive poster who defends the club regardless; but there comes a point where fingers can only be pointed in one direction.

If this game, with its lineup, happened during a busy fixture schedule you could understand it but seriously on the opening day of the season?!?!

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’re not going to blood our youngsters in these situations, what’s the ****ing point of bringing any of them and have them on the bench?

We shouldn't have them on the sodding bench in the first place, the reason we have to is because Sellars and Shi think we're fine and ****ing dandy with a 14 man senior squad including injuries

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
We shouldn't have them on the sodding bench in the first place, the reason we have to is because Sellars and Shi think we're fine and ****ing dandy with a 14 man senior squad including injuries
Look I get that, and I agree with you. But at the end of the day, the youngsters are there. Do you think Leeds United thought last season that players like Summerville, Gelhardt and Greenwood were ready?

You don’t blood youngsters by giving them 5 minute cameos like with Fabio. If we’re to find out whether they’re good enough or not, we have to give them minutes on the pitch. Losing 2-1 with no “options” is unacceptable when we have 5 subs to use.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno has been **** on by the clueless Shi and his right-hand yes-man Sellars. Shi spunks 35 million on a kid who two years later has barely scored a goal and is sent out on loan with no fit striker inthe squad. Sellars? What does he do apart from kiss Shi's ****? Fosun need to get rid of this pair of clueless jokers.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the U-Turn in your opinion speaks volumes, mate. You’ve always been a positive poster who defends the club regardless; but there comes a point where fingers can only be pointed in one direction.

If this game, with its lineup, happened during a busy fixture schedule you could understand it but seriously on the opening day of the season?!?!

Thanks. As you say, I was fully behind Jeff and Fosun and routineLy defended them against critical posters, but the way last summer and January windows went, concerned me and I started to lose trust. This summer has done nothing to restore my trust, and it was as clear as day today, that our squad is woefully weak and won’t survive another season in the PL without serious additions before the end of this window. While we may sign another 1-2 senior players, I no longer believe we will make the amount of additions we need, and if we have to rely on signings in January, we will not survive. The problem is that performance is strongly affected by confidence, and once the squad loses belief, we will struggle to turn a losing streak around. From what he’s done in his career to date, I don’t think Bruno is the kind of manager who can turn a team around when they lose hope, so if the club lets the rot set in, we will be relegated even if we sign good players to strengthen the squad.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a pretty stressful watch too. We're flying by the seat of our pants. It's entertaining but frantic. We seem a lapse in concentration away from losing despite being much the better team.

Against a good team, we would have been annihilated today. It would have been an embarrassing score line, not a narrow defeat.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look I get that, and I agree with you. But at the end of the day, the youngsters are there. Do you think Leeds United thought last season that players like Summerville, Gelhardt and Greenwood were ready?

You don’t blood youngsters by giving them 5 minute cameos like with Fabio. If we’re to find out whether they’re good enough or not, we have to give them minutes on the pitch. Losing 2-1 with no “options” is unacceptable when we have 5 subs to use.
And Bruno is the man who was supposed to bring through young players.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Can I ask a favour? Please?
Trying to accurately time the stream lag.
At Exactly the second kick off. Would you just type ‘ test’

Apologies. At that time, I was on a plane. Managed to see us go 1-0 up whilst sat on the runway and have just landed now to hear about the awfulness…

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies. At that time, I was on a plane. Managed to see us go 1-0 up whilst sat on the runway and have just landed now to hear about the awfulness…
NP and thanks for getting back.
It was irritating. I’m watching the game and then quickly read a few comms posts and see that Podence has scored……what?
over a minute later, he does indeed score.
Same with the Leeds goal….comms post were way ahead of the tv.

Guess I’ll just have to forget about the comms.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a pretty stressful watch too. We're flying by the seat of our pants. It's entertaining but frantic. We seem a lapse in concentration away from losing despite being much the better team.
When do we play Man City???? Oh god!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Bruno is the man who was supposed to bring through young players.
Not at cost of dropping to the Championship, though. And that's where we would end up if you start with Cundle, Bueno, Campbell etc. It's not like Bruno has refused to play young players who clearly look the part. Kilman and Ait-Nouri have played far more under Bruno than Nuno. He gave Fabio 6 starts, during which he looked far from ready yet. Hoever played and was dismal. Cundle looked acceptable and surely will get a chance, but it's cloud-cuckoo land to think he's ready to control midfield in Premier league matches.

Chiquinho looked good and got several sub appearances, almost from the day he signed, and would have surely been starting more matches this season if not for his injury.

I don't see that a manager would not play players if he thought they could genuinely change a game. Opinions differ, though we have a ton of potential, I think Bruno has got it just about right so far, they are not game changers yet and why risk them as game losers?

The way I see it, Bruno *is* developing the young players. Throwing then in the deep end is not developing.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NP and thanks for getting back.
It was irritating. I’m watching the game and then quickly read a few comms posts and see that Podence has scored……what?
over a minute later, he does indeed score.
Same with the Leeds goal….comms post were way ahead of the tv.

Guess I’ll just have to forget about the comms.

Would you believe -- Injury time equaliser by Neves!!!! Has your stream caught up?

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks. As you say, I was fully behind Jeff and Fosun and routineLy defended them against critical posters, but the way last summer and January windows went, concerned me and I started to lose trust. This summer has done nothing to restore my trust, and it was as clear as day today, that our squad is woefully weak and won’t survive another season in the PL without serious additions before the end of this window. While we may sign another 1-2 senior players, I no longer believe we will make the amount of additions we need, and if we have to rely on signings in January, we will not survive. The problem is that performance is strongly affected by confidence, and once the squad loses belief, we will struggle to turn a losing streak around. From what he’s done in his career to date, I don’t think Bruno is the kind of manager who can turn a team around when they lose hope, so if the club lets the rot set in, we will be relegated even if we sign good players to strengthen the squad.
I am with you I really can’t remember when I last felt this deflated
The claim found would build a world class team to challenge the best is now not even a dream,maybe a joke but I ain’t laughing

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve got that wrong Ned.

Jeff will be called into Bruno’s office TOMORROW morning!

Get the 4 quality players we need or the fans will be on your back first, Sellars second and I will have their sympathy!

I know it’s one game and our first of the season but we haven’t won since April!

It’s so obvious what needs to be done Jeff, so do it or risk throwing away all the hard work, the effort and worse of all losing the faith of the fans who have stood by you (and FOSUN) in our journey.

Don’t leave until the end of the transfer window. Get on the phone as soon as you leave my office, send the emails and texts to the agents of the dozens of players we have supposedly been linked with and earn your money. We have a recruitment team who do not recruit, so why do we need them. Jeff, the buck stops with you and Scott, just give me the right tools if you want me to do a job. At the moment a lot of my tools are in disrepair and there is no quality in their replacements.
Really? Lage would be out the door inside two minutes. Try that with your boss and see what happens. I think that he's had a raw deal but he will doubtless be the first to be blamed.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Lage would be out the door inside two minutes. Try that with your boss and see what happens. I think that he's had a raw deal but he will doubtless be the first to be blamed.

I do realise that WW.

In an ideal world Bruno would have the b**ls to say what he thinks to his bosses, wherever it might be.

He has said numerous times we need new players and that his planning for the new season started in February.

We are now in August and we are worse off than last season. One new first team player in and five squad members out!

I don’t think he would be the first to be blamed based on the thousands of posts on the Mix. He would probably be fourth in line after FOSUN, Shi and Sellars imo.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do realise that WW.

In an ideal world Bruno would have the b**ls to say what he thinks to his bosses, wherever it might be.

He has said numerous times we need new players and that his planning for the new season started in February.

We are now in August and we are worse off than last season. One new first team player in and five squad members out!

I don’t think he would be the first to be blamed based on the thousands of posts on the Mix. He would probably be fourth in line after FOSUN, Shi and Sellars imo.
Re your last para what l meant is that owners always blame the manager/head coach when things go wrong. I wasn't talking about the fan reaction.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought dendonker was poor, a player like him should be imposing himself and winning balls, felt neves was on his own in midfield. All the other players played well, striker and midfielder please this week.

Back
Top Bottom