Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds v Wolves comms thread.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t MGW a young player?

Bench is different once Moutinho, Traore, Semedo and Jiminez are fit but don’t let that get in the way of your daily moan
Oh I won’t but you go ahead with your daily moan and digs at other posters on here.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho, Semedo, Traore and Jiminez fit and the bench looks fine.
Can anyone remember how far we have to go back last season to when we had our strongest starting eleven and strongest substitutes bench?

It seems we can never put together our strongest match day squad!

Just shows what happens with such a small number of players I suppose.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of the result today Sellars and Shi simply have to be held accountable. To start the season with one fit midfielder and Dendoncker, and no fit strikers is negligence and mismanagement on a catastrophic level. Heads MUST roll after this, simply not good enough

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Absolutely mate. But realistically, a team is going to have 3-4 injuries at any one time and we simply don’t have the depth to cover.

Plus most of those players (and others) have either picked up muscular injuries on a recurring basis or have suffered career threatening injuries that they have done incredibly well to come back from. By not being able to rest and rotate (and have genuine quality competition for places), we’re doing some of our players a disservice.

I think we’re all pretty much in the same place here. The first 13-14 we have are really good. But we are running a huge risk of wasting that and getting ourselves in unnecessary difficulty by not providing them with the strength in depth we need.

It cost us Europe last year and if we don’t make a good start in these first 6 games, with the 4 fixtures that follow, we may find ourselves in a bit of strife and bought on an air of negativity that could have been avoided.

Anyway, despite saying all that, I actually feel pretty confident in that first XI and that we’ll get something today…

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Regardless of the result today Sellars and Shi simply have to be held accountable. To start the season with one fit midfielder and Dendoncker, and no fit strikers is negligence and mismanagement on a catastrophic level. Heads MUST roll after this, simply not good enough
It will all be results based, if we win 4 of the opening 5 and get the currently injured players back too then they smell of roses.

If we lose 4 of the opening 5 with no additions heads do need to roll and I’ll be taking a break from here…

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree but that’s assuming nobody else gets injured when they come back. We need a few more players, it’s obvious, and it’s a huge shame we haven’t got business done sooner.

I’m trying to work out what change we make when Hwang hits the red zone due to no pre season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't want to pay to watch the preseason, was Coady really that bad to warrant dropping? Or is he on his way out the door?

Obviously I know the manager can do what he likes, I'm just surprised so perhaps I'm out of the loop

Kilman and Collins looked noticably better in a back 4, for sure. Coady may still have a role in the centre of a back 3, but as well as Kilman and Collins, who could well improve into taking that role, we have Toti who also looked good in the friendlies. And Mosquera is raw, yet has potential. Might be too soon right now, but it doesn't look like Coady is the long term, now.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Traore’s ego took a big hit. Wonder what kind of mental shape he’s in .

If you speak to those who have worked with him, the one thing Adama doesn’t have is ego.

He’s actually someone who lacks a bit of confidence and needs to feel wanted and loved.

So agree, it will be tough mentally for him. But not because of a bruised ego.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont suppose any of our international fans know what channel I can find the game on in the Dominican Republic do they?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will all be results based, if we win 4 of the opening 5 and get the currently injured players back too then they smell of roses.

If we lose 4 of the opening 5 with no additions heads do need to roll and I’ll be taking a break from here…

Spolier Alert: The loss of Moutinho and Raul means we aren't going to win 4 out of the first 5. Losing 4 seems unlikely, as we can grind out low scoring draws. Wouldn't be surprised if we have just 3 points after those first 5, though.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree but be careful. You will have certain posters after you on here for daring to express this view.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can anyone remember how far we have to go back last season to when we had our strongest starting eleven and strongest substitutes bench?

It seems we can never put together our strongest match day squad!

Just shows what happens with such a small number of players I suppose.
Actually, it was right about when our poor form started! Adversity breeds strength apparently!

Reactions: Ned

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t MGW a young player?

Bench is different once Moutinho, Traore, Semedo and Jiminez are fit but don’t let that get in the way of your daily moan
You are right about the bench, but to actually start the season with so few fit senior players is poor.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
First game of the season and aside from Boly and Coady we have a sum total of 3 Permier League appearances amongst the biggest Premier League subs bench we’ve ever been able to name.

That is criminal.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you speak to those who have worked with him, the one thing Adama doesn’t have is ego.

He’s actually someone who lacks a bit of confidence and needs to feel wanted and loved.

So agree, it will be tough mentally for him. But not because of a bruised ego.
You’re right….I should have said his confidence.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was that a mascot of ours in the tunnel or one of our subs. Honestly don't know.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence with a shot from outside the box but it goes wide.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Podence with a volley from outside the box as Dendoncker wins the ball

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves down holding his ankle - Sellars going to be letting out a few sharts right now because if he gets a long term injury the calls for his and Shi's head will be raining down

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching via FuboTv…streaming in 1080 rather than the 720 that DAZN used.
Much better.
Someday, maybe 4 k.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
Podence.......

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a strange goal. It looks like Podence tries a half volley, hits it into the ground by mistake, it gets a lucky bounce over the keeper and goes in.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes come on boys! Hate an early goal though as teams tend to sit back

Back
Top Bottom