Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds United (a)

geowolf

Reaction score
........................Sa
Jonny....Collins...Kilman...RAN
.............Neves.......Moutinho
.........................MGW
....Podence......Hwang......Neto

OR

...........................Sa
........Collins......Coady.........Kilman
.............Neves..............Moutinho
Jonny.................MGW..............RAN
...............Podence.........Neto

I'd be happy with either. Provided the internal tensions from the end of last season have been resolved, I think we'll have too much for Leeds. A startlingly promising 3-1 opening win.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny collins kilman ait nouri
Neves moutinho
Mgw podence Neto
Hwang

Impact Subs - Chem Campbell, dendoncker, Ronan, Bueno, coady

Honestly wouldn’t bother making a sub if I was Bruno. It would be quite telling to the board
That’s the team I would pick as well

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Starting to feel like fosun have written off August, where are the goals and points coming from?

CVWolves

Reaction score
Has anyone else still not received their tickets for this?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Jonny Collins Kilman RAN

Neves Donk Mouts

MGW Podence Neto

Worrying options, or lack of, on the bench but I suppose Hwang can come on for one of the front 3 or midfield. Apart from that there are no real tactical offerings other than 5 at the back and Coady on if needed.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone else still not received their tickets for this?

Was just coming in here to ask this. Away tickets normally come pretty quickly after ordering but not got mine yet. Might start getting a bit twitchy if not here by Thurs!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Was just coming in here to ask this. Away tickets normally come pretty quickly after ordering but not got mine yet. Might start getting a bit twitchy if not here by Thurs!
All I would say though is that the only time I didn't receive one, I phoned the TO the day before the game and they organised a replacement for collection at the away ground no problem.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The front three with need to click here, get hold of the ball and also stretch the game where they can or we will get penned in our own half with no real out ball. If this happens we may as well stick Coady on (assuming we start with a 4) and go 352.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't won the opening game for a long time in the Prem. Last time we did was when we did so at Ewood park. I remember celebrating madly in the away end after Ward's volley, losing my voice and then drinking too much on the coach back. It was at that point that I knew we had become premier League mainstays. In keeping with all of my predictions, we were in league one 21 months later!

We really need to start well. A favourable start on paper is often a poisoned chalice imo. If you win the games, there's a lot of talk about "they haven't played anyone difficult yet". If you lose them, you go into a run of tough games with very few points.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had a decent Leicester side 1st game twice so didn't expect much from those. Leeds away is a good first game, might show where we are quality wise. They still lacking a full back?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just cannot believe that a club that has been in the Premier League for 4 seasons now is seriously going into its first game of the season without a fit senior centre forward. Must be a first.

The team picks itself in a 4-3-3 with the lack of options available. Serious negligence by FOSUN.

Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman RAN
Dendoncker Neves Moutinho
Podence MGW Neto

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
The front three with need to click here, get hold of the ball and also stretch the game where they can or we will get penned in our own half with no real out ball. If this happens we may as well stick Coady on (assuming we start with a 4) and go 352.
Stay 433 and stick Coady on up front, 3rd highest scorer last season :)

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just cannot believe that a club that has been in the Premier League for 4 seasons now is seriously going into its first game of the season without a fit senior centre forward. Must be a first.

The team picks itself in a 4-3-3 with the lack of options available. Serious negligence by FOSUN.

Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman RAN
Dendoncker Neves Moutinho
Podence MGW Neto
It is crazy with no striker.
Mind you,that starting eleven is still strong enough to beat Leeds.
Prediction(I am almost always wrong BTW)..Leeds 1 Wolves 2.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is crazy with no striker.
Mind you,that starting eleven is still strong enough to beat Leeds.
Prediction(I am almost always wrong BTW)..Leeds 1 Wolves 2.
Agreed, Leeds are no great shakes and should be struggling this season.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how Leeds cope without Raphinha and Phillips. The general consensus on The Totally Football Show podcast was that they had bought well. Here are their incomings. As I'm not really a connoisseur of European football, I have no idea how good any of these players are. It does look like Jesse Marsch has gone back to his old club network for players though (RB Leipzig and Salzburg). They also mentioned on his podcast that a number of the new signings are American.

Screenshot_20220803-135541.png
p.s. also just noticed they beat Cagliari 6-2 in their last friendly, with Rodrigo getting three and Bamford two.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how Leeds cope without Raphinha and Phillips. The general consensus on The Totally Football Show podcast was that they had bought well. Here are their incomings. As I'm not really a connoisseur of European football, I have no idea how good any of these players are. It does look like Jesse Marsch has gone back to his old club network for players though (RB Leipzig and Salzburg). They also mentioned on his podcast that a number of the new signings are American.

View attachment 29198
p.s. also just noticed they beat Cagliari 6-2 in their last friendly, with Rodrigo getting three and Bamford two.
I suspect that a huge portion of that money has been wasted. Just buying a manager's previous players and hoping they work out...if Marsch gets the Spanish Archer (el bow), suddenly they have 100mil wasted on their books.

Sinisterra is a good player though. I think that's a good buy.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of them either.

I think the right-back Kristensen will be a hit in the Premier League as he's a bit of a unit and the sort the fans will love.

Other than that, a lot of question marks about the players. Roca was very good but hasn't played regularly as he was at Bayern. Adams had been highly-rated but had a poor last season in Leipzig. Aaronson is coming from Austrian football.

It doesn't mean they'll be bad as you could also make a case for all being very good.

What I would say is they've certainly backed the manager though, as all fit his high pressing style and formation that he wants to play.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, Leeds are no great shakes and should be struggling this season.
Don't think they're any more or less likely than us to struggle. I'd say we're absolutely in the same bracket, i.e finishing literally anywhere between 10th - 20th wouldn't be a surprise

Sanewolf

Reaction score
So the first away game of the season is 3 days away, exciting!
How is everyone getting to Leeds?
What time are people landing?
Do we know if there is away fans pub?

My first time visiting Elland Road, I will be getting the direct train from New Street to Leeds about 9am.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of them either.

I think the right-back Kristensen will be a hit in the Premier League as he's a bit of a unit and the sort the fans will love.

Other than that, a lot of question marks about the players. Roca was very good but hasn't played regularly as he was at Bayern. Adams had been highly-rated but had a poor last season in Leipzig. Aaronson is coming from Austrian football.

It doesn't mean they'll be bad as you could also make a case for all being very good.

What I would say is they've certainly backed the manager though, as all fit his high pressing style and formation that he wants to play.
I suppose devils advocate would say our net spend is a lot higher than theirs!

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
We haven't won the opening game for a long time in the Prem. Last time we did was when we did so at Ewood park. I remember celebrating madly in the away end after Ward's volley, losing my voice and then drinking too much on the coach back.
You drunk so much you were still too blottoed to register our opening day win v Sheff Utd 9 years later.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just imagine if we won this match ... what a lift.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want Wolves to win every game we play but I especially want to beat Leeds.
Saying that as we know we will play them with what we have now and no bench to speak of a win at Leeds is probably the worst that can happen regarding any possible future transfers however low grade they may be.
You can just imagine Poundshop telling Lage that all these players he says he wanted are just not required after beating a top side like Leeds at their place.
I want and hope for a big win but a huge embarrassing defeat will only help the push for reinforcements even if they are not exactly the standard we'd hoped for. Every game we win in August if we win any will not help us at all other than points.
If Lage needs to impress Poundshop how awful we are without new players beating anybody will not help him.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the first away game of the season is 3 days away, exciting!
How is everyone getting to Leeds?
What time are people landing?
Do we know if there is away fans pub?

My first time visiting Elland Road, I will be getting the direct train from New Street to Leeds about 9am.
Don’t think you’ll get in anywhere in the city if wearing colours. There’s a Spoons that was full of Wolves last time.

Decide how you’re getting over to the ground early, past 2pm you’ll be struggling for taxis.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think you’ll get in anywhere in the city if wearing colours. There’s a Spoons that was full of Wolves last time.

Decide how you’re getting over to the ground early, past 2pm you’ll be struggling for taxis.
There's a bus from the station. Not bad going to the ground (but probably not in colours). Not so great going back if we've won....

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It’s around a 30 minute walk from the train station, just follow the crowd.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to go this as live quite near to Leeds. If by chance a spare ticket should pop up, even as late as Saturday AM, please PM me and could meet before ko at the ground or pub. Thanks

Sanewolf

Reaction score

Wont be wearing colours, plan on drinking in town first.

Anyone else from here going on Saturday?

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want Wolves to win every game we play but I especially want to beat Leeds.
Saying that as we know we will play them with what we have now and no bench to speak of a win at Leeds is probably the worst that can happen regarding any possible future transfers however low grade they may be.
You can just imagine Poundshop telling Lage that all these players he says he wanted are just not required after beating a top side like Leeds at their place.
I want and hope for a big win but a huge embarrassing defeat will only help the push for reinforcements even if they are not exactly the standard we'd hoped for. Every game we win in August if we win any will not help us at all other than points.
If Lage needs to impress Poundshop how awful we are without new players beating anybody will not help him.
What a weird post.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just agreed to go on a Canadian podcast called footy prime tomorrow, to talk about this game. I’d rather rant about the transfer window but I’ll try not to embarrass us.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wont be wearing colours, plan on drinking in town first.

Anyone else from here going on Saturday?
There is a big bar in the ground for away fans only called The Howard Wilkinson bar
The entrance is outside right next to our turnstiles
All you do is then walk out of the bar and our turnstiles are next to you on the right

Back
Top Bottom