Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leander Dendoncker's Time for Club & Country.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's one if those players a lot of people don't notice, gets through mountains of DONKey work, would be nice if he was a bit better on the ball but thats asking a lot. An integral part of our team/squad

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 starts . 1 goal conceded (set piece) . Unbelievable. Got in the box yesterday as people want, pressed when required and covered defensively . Fittest player on the pitch by a mile

probably the only player in squad we Don’t have back up for .

R

reanswolf

Fantastic last night - fulfilled that critical role very well.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a few players who’s places cannot be called in to question at the moment

Rui
Coady
Donk
Raul

We are better with him in the side. It’s that simple. He does all the dirty work and has an incredible engine. When we have genuine natural width on both sides, his physical attributes allow Neves to play his natural game too, as shown last night.

The Donk has to start.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic last night - fulfilled that critical role very well.
Absolutely agree.. he could become that box to box midfielder we were asking for..
Potentially he has all the ingredients in his locker to achieve this for us. Great shooting hitting the crossbar. heading ability very good, and that run box to box where he just missed. Could have had a brace on any other day.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He’s the very definition of a box to box midfielder. Makes countless challenges and interceptions in and around our penalty area and is more often than not in the box when we’re attacking from wide positions.

Given the way we play, the distances he covers are actually quite freakish. The only things he won’t do are dribble past players or regularly play that final defence splitting pass. But to be honest, that isn’t his role in this team or this formation.

I think he’s been our best and most consistent player since lockdown.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely agree.. he could become that box to box midfielder we were asking for..
Potentially he has all the ingredients in his locker to achieve this for us. Great shooting hitting the crossbar. heading ability very good, and that run box to box where he just missed. Could have had a brace on any other day.

My definition of box to box midfielder is someone who carries the ball, Donk doesn’t do that. Nonetheless he closes space, tackles, defends high, can cope with our passing, physical in the air, a goal threat, great shot, can play midfield or defence, and my god never stops bloody running.

A great asset.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 starts . 1 goal conceded (set piece) . Unbelievable. Got in the box yesterday as people want, pressed when required and covered defensively . Fittest player on the pitch by a mile

probably the only player in squad we Don’t have back up for .
I think owen otasowie is being developed as cover for donk in that midfield role..

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of his passing was great last night: really crisp and well directed. Ball in to Jimenez just prior to opener a case in point.

R

reanswolf

For me, he needs to play like that most weeks.
Its undoubtedly a very demanding role, but equally its such an important one.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This doesn't sound good about Leander taken off for Belgium with apparently two injuries?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I love the prestige of our players being regular internationals, these fixtures are getting beyond a joke now.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh oh, a lack of a proper pre season and these ridiculous internationals are going to cost all clubs dear. He is a vital cog in the Nuno machine and the only midfielder capable of getting into the box. Groin and knee issues does not sound good. I guess it will be back to Moutinho with Saiss as back up if Leander has a real problem. Might offer a chance for Otasowie too if he can prove his worth to Nuno.

Nuno's insistence on a small squad is always going to make us vulnerable. Jonny was bad enough but an injury to Jiminez above all would put us in a serious position. Renato Sanchez or similar in January please Santa.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These international breaks are becoming a big problem. Shouldnt even be taking place with the pandemic so rampant at present. Add to that 3 games in 10 days for a lot of countries. Complete and utter madness. Our squad could be in tatters come the Southampton game at this rate.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only positive is otasowie might get given a chance. I’m looking forward to seeing him play

R

reanswolf

Oh oh, a lack of a proper pre season and these ridiculous internationals are going to cost all clubs dear. He is a vital cog in the Nuno machine and the only midfielder capable of getting into the box. Groin and knee issues does not sound good. I guess it will be back to Moutinho with Saiss as back up if Leander has a real problem. Might offer a chance for Otasowie too if he can prove his worth to Nuno.

Nuno's insistence on a small squad is always going to make us vulnerable. Jonny was bad enough but an injury to Jiminez above all would put us in a serious position. Renato Sanchez or similar in January please Santa.
We could get Palhinha...................well maybe not now he has signed a new contract at SPorting :)-.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These international breaks are becoming a big problem. Shouldnt even be taking place with the pandemic so rampant at present. Add to that 3 games in 10 days for a lot of countries. Complete and utter madness. Our squad could be in tatters come the Southampton game at this rate.
Has been a few days since an over reaction from yourself .

I wondered if you were OK

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst possible news...and it is not that upgrading Donk in the future is impossible either.

Just highlights our obvious weakness central midfield.It is an area that has been overlooked by our management.

Let´s hope that Moutinho is well rested by now..cause the Ruben Neves of previous two plus seasons cannot manage to orchesterate us from central midfield.

I´d actually prefer a pairing with Romain Saiss..either Ruben or preferably a wellrested Joao.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
These international breaks what complete nonsense with everything that that’s going on just extra games and putting everyone’s players at risk. Ridiculous timing really

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Eh--we can "survive" with Moutinho and Neves as well--seemed to be fine for most games last year and Mouts is pretty well rested.

But, could be a huge opportunity for Otasowie...

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In tatters because Donck has got a knock?

Coady's self-isolation is a result of contact he had with somebody prior to the internationals. Timing-wise he'll be fine for Southampton regardless.

You'd be going mad if you were a Liverpool fan right now I'm sure!

As things stand, we're alright mate.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Injury doesn't sound too bad, some of those articles are suggesting he may even be fit and back for one of the Belgium games in this international break. If not, he might be fit for Southampton, or only miss one game for us. Not ideal for us but hardly a catastrophe.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In tatters because Donck has got a knock?

Coady's self-isolation is a result of contact he had with somebody prior to the internationals. Timing-wise he'll be fine for Southampton regardless.

You'd be going mad if you were a Liverpool fan right now I'm sure!

As things stand, we're alright mate.
FE8F0ADC-F258-4632-80F6-7CFD0F9BE441.jpeg

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against Leicester I thought Donk left Neves far too exposed. I’m not sure Saiss is that much of a step down.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People suggesting saiss don’t understand dendonckers role at all imo

we don’t have anyone that can fulfill the same role

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do they differ in your view?

well dendonckers role is :

- press the opposition defenders at appropriate times

- go box to box and get on the end of crosses

- get tight to midfielders

- cover for wingers

Saiss in CM is a CDM who probably spends 90% of the time between our own box and the half way line breaking up play and moving the ball on.

basically dendoncker is box to box and saiss is a CDM

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well dendonckers role is :

- press the opposition defenders at appropriate times

- go box to box and get on the end of crosses

- get tight to midfielders

- cover for wingers

Saiss in CM is a CDM who probably spends 90% of the time between our own box and the half way line breaking up play and moving the ball on.

basically dendoncker is box to box and saiss is a CDM
It seems like dendoncker has more to offer than saiss in midfield. Saiss and neves will do a job for us if need be.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of saiss biggest fans his versatility is irreplaceable in our squad... He does a job where ever he has been asked. ... But I think its quite telling that in over 2 season in the premiership nuno has never used him in midfield......

Back
Top Bottom