Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leander Dendoncker's Time for Club & Country.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not getting too pessimistic just yet. Donk's withdrawal might just have been precautionary. In any case our medical team do seem to have the ability to get players up and running again very quickly.

I very much doubt that Nuno would trust Otasowie with a start at this stage of his development. I would think he'd prefer the experience and reliability of Moutinho with Saiss being a back-up off the bench.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of saiss biggest fans his versatility is irreplaceable in our squad... He does a job where ever he has been asked. ... But I think its quite telling that in over 2 season in the premiership nuno has never used him in midfield......

He's had some games in CM in the PL. Particularly our first season but not generally since he moved to CB. I think he had a few in the europa last season though. He always does a job there.

D

Deleted member 5962

People suggesting saiss don’t understand dendonckers role at all imo

we don’t have anyone that can fulfill the same role

Not suggesting him to do the same job as Donk. We dont have anyone who can. Hell even Donk himself is playing a role he didnt play before joining us, he is having to do a job there because he is the only mobile midfielder we have.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of saiss biggest fans his versatility is irreplaceable in our squad... He does a job where ever he has been asked. ... But I think its quite telling that in over 2 season in the premiership nuno has never used him in midfield......
I don't think that's quite true.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's had some games in CM in the PL. Particularly our first season but not generally since he moved to CB. I think he had a few in the europa last season though. He always does a job t

I don't think that's quite true.
He started against Chelsea at home in the first season.. I was wrong..... Can't think of any others premiership games he started I may be wrong but it's not many at all....

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He started against Chelsea at home in the first season.. I was wrong..... Can't think of any others premiership games he started I may be wrong but it's not many at all....

I think fulham away and cardiff at home (with Donk and MGW) spring to mind.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think fulham away and cardiff at home (with Donk and MGW) spring to mind.
Didn't he score at Fulham away if I remember nw.....can't remember Cardiff at home.... Donk never started that season till spurs away over Christmas... As I said just saiss started v Chelsea at home and gibbs played just behind jimenez.... I was wrong but he has only played a handful at most... But still it's probably been nearly 2 years ago.... Just can't see nuno leaving 2 of donk neves or mouts on the bench to play saiss in midfield..... He will do a job as he always does where ever he is asked to play... As I said I like saiss love his enthusiasm, his versatility and I've also said on another thread he is our best threat from corners and we are probably missing him when we get a corner at the minute..... But I still think he is a bit slow for a midfielder in the premiership.....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we don’t have anyone that can fulfill the same role

I think that's why Otasowie has been in the squad recently, as cover for Dendoncker's role.

He's done exactly what Dendoncker does for the U23s recently and is now a full International too. His time to shine maybe?

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't he score at Fulham away if I remember nw.....can't remember Cardiff at home.... Donk never started that season till spurs away over Christmas... As I said just saiss started v Chelsea at home and gibbs played just behind jimenez.... I was wrong but he has only played a handful at most... But still it's probably been nearly 2 years ago.... Just can't see nuno leaving 2 of donk neves or mouts on the bench to play saiss in midfield..... He will do a job as he always does where ever he is asked to play... As I said I like saiss love his enthusiasm, his versatility and I've also said on another thread he is our best threat from corners and we are probably missing him when we get a corner at the minute..... But I still think he is a bit slow for a midfielder in the premiership.....
In fairness he hasn't been available to play in midfield all that much because he has been required at centre half, first to cover when Boly was injured and then as first choice option on the left of the three. He is different to Dendoncker and the dynamic is different with Neves, but if Neves is further forward more it may not be detrimental. They dovetailed pretty well in the championship season.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven’t seen anything saying he’s left the squad therefore wouldn’t expect it to be too serious and if injured just a knock.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it before donk has been carrying a knock for a bit....the fall out on here when he didn't come on against West Ham it was obvious Nuno didn't want to risk him....same with Ruben last season when he was being rotated he was aving a problem with his knee...

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's still barely believable we have so many top players playing for us, trying really hard not to get too blasé about it

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not a starter in the first xi, but he's doing himself no harm. Who's shirt is he after? Tielemans?

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beeb says he got assist for 1st goal...
He harried Denmark high up the pitch and they gave the ball straight to Tielemans, who scored. Not sure Dendoncker nicked the ball or not but it was good pressing.

He was at fault for Denmark's first, though: tried to cut out a pass high up the pitch and failed, which gave his man no end of space to run into.

Denmark's second a real howler by Courthois: a fitting tribute to Carl Ikeme and David Davis vs. Bristol City in 2013.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Starts and plays a full 90 minutes for the #1 ranked team in world football

But some say he’s not good enough for Wolves. This place sometimes (becoming a lot of the time)

Who has said Donck isnt good enough for us, Melbourne? Most people on here have been praising him recently.

D

Deleted member 11332

Denmark's second a real howler by Courthois: a fitting tribute to Carl Ikeme and David Davis vs. Bristol City in 2013.
I'd erased this from my memory. **** me we were ****. Thank god for Fosun and Nuno.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well dendonckers role is :

- press the opposition defenders at appropriate times

- go box to box and get on the end of crosses

- get tight to midfielders

- cover for wingers

Saiss in CM is a CDM who probably spends 90% of the time between our own box and the half way line breaking up play and moving the ball on.

basically dendoncker is box to box and saiss is a CDM
I dunno though. When Saiss has played in midfield he's had a goal threat in him. Think the goal he got against fulham, or the one he had recently playing wing back.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Starts and plays a full 90 minutes for the #1 ranked team in world football

But some say he’s not good enough for Wolves. This place sometimes (becoming a lot of the time)
Thought he was supposed to be injured and doubtful for the S'ton match! Glad to see he played and assuming no after-effects, will likely play on Monday.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who has said Donck isnt good enough for us, Melbourne? Most people on here have been praising him recently.
I got absolutely **** on earlier this year when I said he was our best midfielder. People telling me I don't know the sport, to go back to hockey, etc etc

Back
Top Bottom