Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Last 17 games

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won 7
Drew 2
Lost 8
Scored 15
Conceded 17
GD -2

We literally lose 1 every 2 games, barely average a goal a game, failed to score in 7 of them and concede more on average.

Nuno is under pressure and with a nasty set of fixtures now

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since restart, we've been pretty-poor, performancewise. Don't really see Nuno under pressure, though.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We literally win 1 every 2 games. He should be England manager.

R

reanswolf

No pressure on Nuno at all, except that is what is normally expected for every manager in the Premier.
For an overachieveing club of our size and stature at present, we are doing very well.

As I said on another thread, remember what happened to Charlton when fans expected more and wanted change in staff.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And yet another thread to complain about lack of goals scored, how many do we need to score to start a thread or ten about scoring to many?

We finished last season with +11 goals, we don't score loads, we don't concede many, I really dont understand why after 2 premier league seasons, fans don't understand this.

D

Deleted member 4184

Won 7
Drew 2
Lost 8
Scored 15
Conceded 17
GD -2

We literally lose 1 every 2 games, barely average a goal a game, failed to score in 7 of them and concede more on average.

Two 7th place finishes in a row, first Europa league campaign in how many years and got to the quarter final, semi final of the FA cup recently, 3 points tomorrow and we can go 5th.

yeah, he's really under pressure.......

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
I get the goals scored issue i really do but i don't think the points return from that is bad at all.

The draws being low is a good thing rather than looking at the losses in my book.

We could have drawn 15, won 1 and lost 1 and had 5 less points.

If you win one, lose one all season it's 57 points which around about where we've been the last couple of years

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoaah Hang on a bit. Am I reading right, is th op moaning about a manager, who has a near 50 % win ratio in the Premier league? Dillusional.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We play "Football for the Connoisseur". :) None of that childish running around like headless chickens, scoring goals, letting in goals, scoring more goals and so on. That's the equivalent of a sweet white wine with sugar added, like Fulham v Everton this afternoon. Uncontrolled, uncultured.

What we do is more like a vintage red wine that to those with unsophisticated palate, tastes like old shoe leather. But to those of more developed taste, is an explosion of complex flavours. Elegant, delicate with depth and some "difficult" flavours. Probably an Italian of 1980's vintage, for those who remember Serie A on channel 4 back then, when a 1-1 scoreline was a goal fest.

Of course the pundits want us to run around like headless chickens and be 3-0 down to Liverpool after 20 minutes. Or 3-0 up, then carry on all out attack and lose 5-3. But since when were the pundits ever worth listening to?

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t worry everyone.

I’m sure we’ll be fine. I mean current trends in form are never looked at by hierarchy on deciding if there is progression or regression.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

One little thread. Just one little happy thread in the midst of a sea of misguided misery in our most successful period for 40 years. The Chill Out Zone thread, for overwhelmed positive forum members to have some fun. Yet these threads can thrive whilst it withers in the OT forum, yet it has more reality than most of this misery and served a better purpose.
For years we had The Drunk Thread, The Friday Thread and The Hereford Song Thread and they were absolutely fine, yet in a miserable pandemic we just have this drivel repeatedly rammed down our throats.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won 7
Drew 2
Lost 8
Scored 15
Conceded 17
GD -2

A classic in seeing stats how you want them to. As others have pointed out, winning 10 of our last 18 in the league is Champions League form or if not, very close to. Under pressure?

He was under pressure in the eyes of internet managers when we lost five in a row in November-ish 2018. Same again when we didn't win in our first seven games at the start of the 2019/20 season.

Always seems to work out OK in the real world.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
17 games is a very random number .Nuno is under zero pressure .The team will evolve .Some fans need to get over themselves.
Yes let’s bring Lambert back and whilst we are at it let’s bring back Saville Marshall Williamson Bodvarsson and Weimann.
I much preferred being nomarks in the Championship but there you go .

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks ... you just stopped me from chucking meself in the cut ;)
I've just asked the missus to confiscate my belt and bootlaces!!! It must be a relief to some when we have a sticky patch, like we've returned to our default setting of the last 30+ years!!!

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question, am I the only one that every game think we can get something out of it? Even against the so called big 6 I believe we have a chance.

Now when I compare that to the last time we were in the league, I mainly hoped for the best and not to be embarrassed.

I’m amazed at some of the comments on here, you’d think we had been fighting for survival for the last 2 seasons.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question, am I the only one that every game think we can get something out of it? Even against the so called big 6 I believe we have a chance.

Now when I compare that to the last time we were in the league, I mainly hoped for the best and not to be embarrassed.

I’m amazed at some of the comments on here, you’d think we had been fighting for survival for the last 2 seasons.
Im with you

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Me as well

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No pressure on Nuno at all, except that is what is normally expected for every manager in the Premier.
For an overachieveing club of our size and stature at present, we are doing very well.

As I said on another thread, remember what happened to Charlton when fans expected more and wanted change in staff.

I will give you another Stoke City and Tony Pullis, since he left they have slowly got worse and worse and spent many millions vainly trying to get back to the Premier. I will be happy if we can maintain our two 7th place finishes qualify for Europe and get to another FA Cup Semi final..

D

Deleted member 9788

Won 7
Drew 2
Lost 8
Scored 15
Conceded 17
GD -2

Do you want him out?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

I believe we and can and should win every game. Always have, if we dont we dont. Might have a whinge, might think nothing of it or even think we could've played differently. Dont see the point of it otherwise, its competitive sport afterall and that's the point.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won 7
Drew 2
Lost 8
Scored 15
Conceded 17
GD -2

Took you two weeks to come up with this moan?

Last 17 in the LEAGUE, 9 wins, 2 draws 6 defeats. 29 points, which extrapolated over a season would result in 65 and a probable top six finish

Doesn't suit your rhetoric though does it?

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe we and can and should win every game. Always have, if we dont we dont. Might have a whinge, might think nothing of it or even think we could've played differently. Dont see the point of it otherwise, its competitive sport afterall and that's the point.
I don’t believe we should win every game, as I hate the entitlement that brings.

I hate listening to fans of the ‘bigger’ clubs when then lose saying they should have won it purely because of who they are, not how they performed, or sometimes more importantly how the other team have performed.

We play bad and don’t win, I have no complaints. We play well and lose, I’m disappointed.

I guess it’s balance. And for me, we are in our 3rd season and are considered an establishment team in the premier league from those outside of the city. That’s a huge progression, and we how find ourselves in a cluster of clubs who are trying to break into the top six. Some of which have been in the league for a while while wasting millions.

I just wish some would factor this in.

D

Deleted member 4008

It's ok though we lose to Southampton and the lads will be tired from international duty . Not the fact that Southampton too have players that are away as well . I think we gave been poor but Nuno changing to more attacking I just don't see as his tactics are built on being tight . Porto fans said be prepared to win by 1-0 are they right after a few years ?. Yes but some would still argue that the ref screws us or VAR . Not the fact that we need to change something to be more attacking. I don't mind the tactics overall but I do think some people bury their heads in the sand and can't have anything negative said about the club . Watch match of the day from last night and shearers comments on Newcastle and he is a fan. But the comments are realistic and truthful. Just that some don't want to see that it and admit it .

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's ok though we lose to Southampton and the lads will be tired from international duty . Not the fact that Southampton too have players that are away as well . I think we gave been poor but Nuno changing to more attacking I just don't see as his tactics are built on being tight . Porto fans said be prepared to win by 1-0 are they right after a few years ?. Yes but some would still argue that the ref screws us or VAR . Not the fact that we need to change something to be more attacking. I don't mind the tactics overall but I do think some people bury their heads in the sand and can't have anything negative said about the club . Watch match of the day from last night and shearers comments on Newcastle and he is a fan. But the comments are realistic and truthful. Just that some don't want to see that it and admit it .
Can almost feel your desire for us to lose, strange or maybe not.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We haven’t played yet and your already making excuses?

Back
Top Bottom