Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman & Collins

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
They're doing OK. The main problem with the defence is that we've invested in a number of wingbacks over the last few years but are now playing them as fullbacks. When the likes of Semedo and Ait Nouri made a mistake previously, generally they were higher up the pitch and had 3 centre-backs to cover for them not 2.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowt wrong with Collins nor Kilman, I would suggest Maximilian has come off his high standards while Collins was out of the side maybe a slight loss of confidence, but neither are at the root of our current problems, I would also like to point out that they both may be worrying that if we concede then its likely that we will lose the game, because we rarely score ourselves.

Fen Wolf

Reaction score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Collins is poor. Today at palace…

Goal 1 he’s sucked out of the back line. Semedo covers him and ends up getting stuck under the cross because he’s not made it back to position after covering Collins.

Goal 2 - ambles around then why on earth does he not show the winger down the line. The attacker cuts inside far too easily.

I’ve counted 3 or 4 times that he’s not been sure whether to hold the line or step into midfield. This indecision to step into midfield or hold his line is a massive weakness of his.
Brentford today. Mostly stable and had one of his best games in a Wolves shirt, but he has to sort this of weakness of incorrect decision making of diving into midfield or not. It happened a couple of times again today including the free kick which allowed Brentford to start the attack which lead to the goal.

Their goal. Yes we were ball watching and failed to deal with the set piece… that’s obvious. But Brentford start that attack from a free kick in our half. They earned that free kick because Collins stepped out of the back line, into midfield and miss timed the tackle. This decision making weakness around stepping into midfield is too obvious. The fact it happens multiple times a game show the opposition are trying to exploit it.

Last edited:

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Brentford today. Mostly stable and had one of his best games in a Wolves shirt, but he has to sort this of weakness of incorrect decision making of diving into midfield or not. It happened a couple of times again today including the free kick which allowed Brentford to start an attack.

Their goal. Yes we were ball watching and failed to deal with the set piece… that’s obvious. But Brentford start that attack from a free kick in our half. They earned that free kick because Collins stepped out of the back line, into midfield and miss timed the tackle. This decision making weakness around stepping into midfield is too obvious. The fact it happens multiple times a game show the opposition are trying to exploit it.
Young enough to fix that with a good defensive coach. He's looked good overall, especially today.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Collins is a very very talented young player with a great attitude
Can go right to the top for sure
He’s only young and being asked to essentially lead a premier league club in trouble because of a lack of leaders.

He’s not the issue and showed with decent protection from midfield he is quality.
Any centre half would look poor with some of the cover last Sunday

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins is a very very talented young player with a great attitude
Can go right to the top for sure
He’s only young and being asked to essentially lead a premier league club in trouble because of a lack of leaders.

He’s not the issue and showed with decent protection from midfield he is quality.
Any centre half would look poor with some of the cover last Sunday
Agreed. At 21, he’s a level above most I’ve seen at that age..

Back
Top Bottom