Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman Appreciation

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of their headers yesterday was, I think, Kilman's man. All defenders make mistakes else the opposition wouldn't score but our back 3 keep them to a minimum, helped by a terrific keeper and colleagues when they do. Semedo fluffed a clearance terribly yesterday (unsure if it was a foul) but the team got us our of trouble.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the club should investigate the world of Futsal a bit more!
Great development game Futsal, fun to play too; there is are many reasons why it is played so much abroad- the sun helps :(.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interesting on match of the day last night. Richards commented on his body position being excellent which is especially important when being a left footer on the right side of the pitch. It’s something that Bruno has mentioned a lot when asked about what he does with players in training (I think he was specifically talking about making up for coadys lack of pace at the time). Good to see a real example of coaching really improving the players.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen England host Switzerland in a Wembley friendly on 26 March. 2 more months for Kilman to impress Southgate? Apart from Coady most of the other contenders are having average seasons tbh - McGuire, Keane, Mings and Stones doesn't always get game time. You have to think Kilman must make the squad?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Starting to get some recognition. Mich Richards doing a little analysis piece on MOTD about him.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen England host Switzerland in a Wembley friendly on 26 March. 2 more months for Kilman to impress Southgate? Apart from Coady most of the other contenders are having average seasons tbh - McGuire, Keane, Mings and Stones doesn't always get game time. You have to think Kilman must make the squad?

I think Southgate might call Kilman up to take a look at him, along with Coady.

He will probably play with 3 centre backs too, ideal for both Kilman and Coady.

But then he will start with a back 3 of Maguire, Dier and Mings.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And too think Nuno wanted to sell him to Barnsley for a pint & pack of crisps.

Unbelievable how he has progressed this season I can't ever recall a player improving so rapidly in 6 months.

Easily one of the best defenders in the league ATM

dow ya think ar coaching staff should have a bit of credit for the way a lot of players have improved.What was the previous coaching staff doing,if they thought he was ony good enough for a championship team.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
dow ya think ar coaching staff should have a bit of credit for the way a lot of players have improved.What was the previous coaching staff doing,if they thought he was ony good enough for a championship team.
Coady, Doherty et Al might disagree

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The vultures and rumours are starting to make noises. If he goes, we rinse em for every penny we can like leicester did

They set the price for English centre halves when they stupidly overpaid for Maguire.....

I'd say we should expect the same if not more for Kilman.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They set the price for English centre halves when they stupidly overpaid for Maguire.....

I'd say we should expect the same if not more for Kilman.
I say we should offer him a new contract asap.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imo Kilman is the best young British player by a mile to come though to the 1st team since Lescott. In the past we lost young players like Lescott and before him Keane (and I expect there were others) because we not in any position to hold on to them. That is not the case now. We are an established Premiership side with realistic top 4/6 ambitions. Kilman, Neves, Neto and possibly Silva are the players we need to build our future on. I will be personally gutted if we were to let Kilman go, even for top, top dollar. I'm sure he's happy and settled here and has forged a remarkable partnership with Coady (and I believe made our skipper a better player); give him what he wants. Tell Utd to **** off.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely 80m plus he’s only what 24 he will get better

Kilman has done great but talk of 80 million is frankly ridiculous right now. We have to remember that we play a very specific way and the defence is very well protected, hence Coady even looks a world beater on his day. I love these guys but a back line of a rookie Kilman and converted midfielders Coady and Saiss is probably in reality greater than the sum of its parts.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman has done great but talk of 80 million is frankly ridiculous right now. We have to remember that we play a very specific way and the defence is very well protected, hence Coady even looks a world beater on his day. I love these guys but a back line of a rookie Kilman and converted midfielders Coady and Saiss is probably in reality greater than the sum of its parts.
There is definitely some truth to this... although I do think Kilman could play in a back four comfortably. I am not so sure about Coady or Saiss.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been a joy to watch this season, not only a great defensive display but he can properly play football too! Loved those couple of runs forward he's made, unlucky not to score on Saturday too.

Wouldn't it be remarkable to have both Kilman and Coady playing for England in the same defence.....

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What you’ve said is true (or likely at least), but that doesn’t necessarily dictate value, or what a club as daft as Yanited would pay.
He’s a regular starter, excelling in every game, on a long contract, English/homegrown, and left footed, no obvious weaknesses in his game. Those are all of the ingredients for setting a ludicrously high asking price and not budging, like Leicester do every time, or in direct contrast to the Adama situation.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You are not honestly saying 80 million for Kilman right?
Not saying he is worth 80 million, however Man United paid 80 million for Maguire, He is on a long term contract here, he is English and also left footed (which apparently increases value)....I wouldn't want us low balled by United a team which spent 50 million on wan bissaka, 80 million on maguire, 73 million on sancho, given united track record of over paying for players I'd demand top prices.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not saying he is worth 80 million, however Man United paid 80 million for Maguire, He is on a long term contract here, he is English and also left footed (which apparently increases value)....I wouldn't want us low balled by United a team which spent 50 million on wan bissaka, 80 million on maguire, 73 million on sancho, given united track record of over paying for players I'd demand top prices.

Absolutely. If the reports that Ralf is interested in Kilman are true, then it should be made clear that he’s not on the market, and it would take a silly offer to even consider it. As a young English, ball playing and on form PL defender, his value should be right up there. I absolutely don’t want him to be sold, and don’t see any reason why the club should consider selling him unless someone with more money than sense makes a desperate offer.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he was a bit unlucky against Brentford, caught Toney up, got in a great tackle but it ricocheted back to Toney...in hindsight he probably should have taken ball and player at the same time. He does make the odd mistake of course, every player in the world does but as a unit our defence and keeper covers a lot.
Max and Semedo look to have a really good understanding too, cover one another.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely. If the reports that Ralf is interested in Kilman are true, then it should be made clear that he’s not on the market, and it would take a silly offer to even consider it. As a young English, ball playing and on form PL defender, his value should be right up there. I absolutely don’t want him to be sold, and don’t see any reason why the club should consider selling him unless someone with more money than sense makes a desperate offer.
Now we’re on the subject how are Newcastle getting on??

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
Kilman is exactly the same age Maguire was when he made his senior debut for England. I personally think he’s a better equipped defender for modern football than Maguire. Fair pace, good technique on the ball, doesn’t panic in tight situations and reads the game excellently.
He could definitely hold his own in a back 4.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maguires value artificially shot up because he was a star at a world cup.
Kilman hasn't even got a meaningless friendly cap yet.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
Imo Kilman is the best young British player by a mile to come though to the 1st team since Lescott. In the past we lost young players like Lescott and before him Keane (and I expect there were others) because we not in any position to hold on to them. That is not the case now. We are an established Premiership side with realistic top 4/6 ambitions. Kilman, Neves, Neto and possibly Silva are the players we need to build our future on. I will be personally gutted if we were to let Kilman go, even for top, top dollar. I'm sure he's happy and settled here and has forged a remarkable partnership with Coady (and I believe made our skipper a better player); give him what he wants. Tell Utd to **** off.

His style of play reminds me of Lescott

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KIlman is in the top three best CBs in the Premier Leagu right now. Once he gets half a dozen England caps and assuming he continues his brilliant form he will be a £60m plus player imv without a doubt.

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
On the verge of an England call up and still no song for this lad. In recognition of another great Premier League centre half and given the recent Man U link what about to the tune of Yip Jaap Stam:

Max Kilman is half Ukranian
He's great on the ball 'cos he played Futsal
Strong at the back & loves to attack
Maximilian Kilman

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
Let's be fair start of the season most of us would have said couple of million and not noticed him leave, all hail caleta car, botman etc etc
Now I appreciate some of us and I'll include myself appreciated kilman from the start, but you can't price him at 80 million, the future possibly and perhaps even more but 5 months progression 70 plus million, really? The point is we can't sell killman, his real value at this point is far inferior to his actual value to the team and perhaps his future value.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's be fair start of the season most of us would have said couple of million and not noticed him leave, all hail caleta car, botman etc etc
Now I appreciate some of us and I'll include myself appreciated kilman from the start, but you can't price him at 80 million, the future possibly and perhaps even more but 5 months progression 70 plus million, really? The point is we can't sell killman, his real value at this point is far inferior to his actual value to the team and perhaps his future value.
Sensible post. To us right now he is invaluable. To a man utd, they will think his current value more likely 15 to 20m. Max needs an england call up and a few international games, at least a full season at his current performance levels before being talked of being 40m to 50m plus

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maguire and £70 million for Kilman, seems fair :tonguewink:

Back
Top Bottom