Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman Appreciation

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Where I live the Premier League is on the NBC channel and the two main pundits are Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe. They each just selected their teams of the season so far, and this is Robbie Mustoe's (FWIW):

View attachment 25832

He said he included Kilman because he didn't just want to take the easy option and pick a top six defender who hasn't had much work to do because their team has so much possession. He did praise Kilman as being a really strong defender in the third best defence in the league, mentioned his goal, and yes - good with his feet/Futsal.

(He also picked Emmanuel Dennis as you can see - he mentioned that only Salah has more goal involvements so far this season. 8 goals/5 assists for Dennis. Pretty impressive).
Excellent list, not just put in clubs from big teams. Jota should be over Denis though I think

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent again today. Hardly ever makes mistakes, icy composure on the ball, a silky grace when carrying forward, growing in confidence with every game.

One of those players where you can't quite believe how much he's improved in such a relatively short time; you catch yourself thinking that you're exaggerating his ability and performance, but in truth you're really, really not. He's that good. And nowhere near his prime yet for a defender.

"Rolls Royce player" is a phrase used far too frequently, it's almost a parody, but Kilman is exactly that, all purr and power and shine. Our player of the season so far, for me, and I don't think his upward trajectory is going to be dipping any time soon.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Its fair to say our defence as a whole have all played very well this season but for me Kilman has made the difference. He looks so assured on the ball, never seems to panick and despite his lack of experience he plays like someone who's been around a lot longer which is having a positive effect on our other defenders. My POTS so far.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its fair to say our defence as a whole have all played very well this season but for me Kilman has made the difference. He looks so assured on the ball, never seems to panick and despite his lack of experience he plays like someone who's been around a lot longer which is having a positive effect on our other defenders. My POTS so far.

Undoubtedly Kilman has been incredible, I liked him as a player since the first time I saw him. There's a lot of talk about "learning from mistakes" - Kilman actually does seem to do this, on the odd occasion he has messed up /got caught out you don't see him make the same mistake twice.

I would also mention that apart from the emergence of Kilman and Coady / Saiss's excellent form I don't think we should estimate how having a goalkeeper like Sa has improved us defensively and given the defence confidence and belief that has been lacking previously.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never thought I would love a player who runs from the back more than Neil Emblen but Max is well on his way

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been brilliant and far better than anyone could of expected at the start of the season. BUT I feel we are holding him back a bit by him playing on the right side, he looks far more comfortable on the left, I genuinely think he could go to the next level when he gets a run at LCB. Looking at Bruno playing Donks there 2nd half Sunday maybe we can expect to see this going forward.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about "learning from mistakes" - Kilman actually does seem to do this, on the odd occasion he has messed up /got caught out you don't see him make the same mistake twice.
Yep, was going to say this. I like that he knows when to just absolutely leather the ball out of danger and when to try and build from the back. So many defenders getting caught out this season trying to do the latter regardless of the situation. He's some player.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb again yesterday. The media dont really give him any recognition. He should have been up for player of the month award in the premier league but no sign of him. For some weird reason the media prefer to obsess over players like Mings.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kate Ludlam, who is mentioned in the article on Mighty Max.

Good to see that a female is involved with the positive development of our PL squad member.

(Other than Doris the Tea Lady, of course)

Attachments

• kate-ludlam.jpg
    kate-ludlam.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 25

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kate Ludlam, who is mentioned in the article on Mighty Max.

Good to see that a female is involved with the positive development of our PL squad member.

(Other than Doris the Tea Lady, of course)
I also find it interesting that he mentions the certain breathing technique. I have long been an advocate of it for a number of ailments and situations.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That double footed slide tackle and to come out with the ball in his corner was immense
He seems to do something similar every match...there was the one though where the ball broke free and the opposition scored...can't remember who it was against...but it is almost his trademark. Great defender

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a brilliant brilliant defender. I'm a harsh judge but he's just so composed.

Also - and this is perhaps a particular nuance of what I like - he always wants the ball. He always wants to break forward. I love that confidence in a player. He will play for England

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
He seems to do something similar every match...there was the one though where the ball broke free and the opposition scored...can't remember who it was against...but it is almost his trademark. Great defender
I think that was against Brentford. He looked like he'd done a brilliant challenge but the ball bounced off him in favour of the attacker and they went on to score the second.

So happy for Max. He always looked like he would be a decent player for us in my eyes, but he has surpassed that by some way

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can imagine that this afternoon he was thinking 'Yeah, just keep sending runners this way....'

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Around the 50 minute mark today, Southampton took it past Semedo, and he was just so composed at the fact he knew Kilman was behind him to mop it up.

One all effort in sliding tackle and we had the ball back and Semedo was advancing in attack.

They work so well together.

Kilman is potentially the most talented English centre back at the moment. He won't get in ahead of Stones and Maguire however, and Southgate will blame the fact he plays in a 3.

He's got future Wolves captain written all over him.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His one on one defending is incredible. Rarely see anything like it. Never , ever gets beaten in a one on one

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Around the 50 minute mark today, Southampton took it past Semedo, and he was just so composed at the fact he knew Kilman was behind him to mop it up.

One all effort in sliding tackle and we had the ball back and Semedo was advancing in attack.

They work so well together.

Kilman is potentially the most talented English centre back at the moment. He won't get in ahead of Stones and Maguire however, and Southgate will blame the fact he plays in a 3.

He's got future Wolves captain written all over him.
Not sure about that last comment. Seems incredibly quiet. Just let him do what he’s great at.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
England’s best defender currently.

Back
Top Bottom