Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think there’s a lot of potential there and am very interested to see how he does if he can get a consistent run of games. Think he never had that opportunity at Wolves and didn’t help his confidence.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish he had gone on loan to a Championship club to stay within the pace and mentality of the English game, but good luck to him, hope it works out and he comes back to add quality to our squad.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's pretty good....plenty of time to develop as well.

Abundantly clear that Bruno doesn't rate him though. With that in mind, no point in keeping him around. He's a saleable asset. Hopefully he either becomes a more saleable asset after a good season at PSV.

Or he has an MGW type season and is re-integrated into the first team next season. Cant see that happening if Bruno stays.

I thought it was very very harsh to call him out in public, and I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as being made out. I understand that I'm in the distinct minority with this
Bruno blaming everyone but Bruno is something that if it continues is likely to cause us serious problems. The slump at the end of last season suggested that his grip on the dressing room was tenuous at best. I am inclined to agree with you about Hoever.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool don't sell players they should keep. Can't remember a team buying a player from Liverpool and it working out since Klopp joined

What Liverpool are very good at, is throwing youngsters in cup matches surrounded by superstars.

They don't look out of place because the rest of the team usually carries them.

Elevates their profile, then mug teams take them off their hands for inflated prices.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno blaming everyone but Bruno is something that if it continues is likely to cause us serious problems. The slump at the end of last season suggested that his grip on the dressing room was tenuous at best. I am inclined to agree with you about Hoever.
Don't necessarily disagree, but playing devils advocate:
What if he did have an attitude problem? What if Bruno did all he could to try to address it privately? What if Bruno was getting constant complaints from other team members and backroom staff? What if had already given Hoever a final warning and the player then deliberately did something to stir the flames further? What if everyone will be glad to see the back of him?
It does happen.
Maybe (just maybe) |Bruno should be applauded.
Certainly, if my alternative was true we should be pleased he is strong enough to weed out the bad apples.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was very very harsh to call him out in public, and I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as being made out. I understand that I'm in the distinct minority with this
Its the kicking down on the kids mentality that there has been in this squad for the last couple of years. Kilman being harshly dropped rather than Saiss. Marcal thinking he's better than Ait-Nouri, when the evidence clearly points otherwise.
And then when we play our most experienced team they inevitably let us down. There is a pecking order, which is a shame as we were capable of getting much more talented kids than we are experienced players. Now no bugger wants to come.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What if he did have an attitude problem? What if Bruno did all he could to try to address it privately? What if Bruno was getting constant complaints from other team members and backroom staff? What if had already given Hoever a final warning and the player then deliberately did something to stir the flames further? What if everyone will be glad to see the back of him?
It does happen.
Certainly, if my alternative was true we should be pleased he is strong enough to weed out the bad apples.
And what if he doesn't and Bruno was just trying to protect his ego after a ridiculous team selection?

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And what if he doesn't and Bruno was just trying to protect his ego after a ridiculous team selection?
Indeed, but you don't know and I don't know.
Edit: But in the limited time he played you wouldn't be able to say he did enough to warrant keeping out one of the more regular first choices

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What Liverpool are very good at, is throwing youngsters in cup matches surrounded by superstars.

They don't look out of place because the rest of the team usually carries them.

Elevates their profile, then mug teams take them off their hands for inflated prices.
You should have a word with Eddie Howe, he’s fallen for it multiple times

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of us know the truth really...who has been the ********, Hoever or Bruno, or maybe a bit of both. I do worry though how Bruno is going to motivate the team this season. Not sure if he has lost his mojo yet...if indeed he had much to begin with at this point in time. He does at least deserve to try and make things work with a team of his choosing....let's see if it happens...

Nige

Reaction score
He is nowhere the first team after costing us a point against Liverpool last season.
So lets just think about this ... We need to Sell players in order raise some money to Buy players
So we let him go out on loan... Genius

Reactions: Ian
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He is nowhere the first team after costing us a point against Liverpool last season.
So lets just think about this ... We need to Sell players in order raise some money to Buy players
I mean do you reckon we have a queue of buyers

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of us know the truth really...who has been the ********, Hoever or Bruno, or maybe a bit of both. I do worry though how Bruno is going to motivate the team this season. Not sure if he has lost his mojo yet...if indeed he had much to begin with at this point in time. He does at least deserve to try and make things work with a team of his choosing....let's see if it happens...
That is the point though. If its Hoever it is likely to affect just that one player but if its Bruno it could affect the whole team.

D

Deleted member intdint

Liverpool don't sell players they should keep. Can't remember a team buying a player from Liverpool and it working out since Klopp joined

Taiwo Awoniyi
Ryan Kent
Nathaniel Clyne
Emre Can

They are the only ones who were half decent really.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does happen.
Fair argument.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got a feeling we’ll be clamoring for him to be back in the squad next season ala MGW this summer.

Not necessarily a bad thing mind.
Maybe he'll have a great season and that will be the case...

However most fans were unhappy that MGW wouldn't be a part of the squad last season, certainly when reinforcements weren't forthcoming.

I don't see the same clamour for KJH to remain in the squad.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He’s a really good athlete and a full season of consistent, first team football will make a huge difference In terms of his match awareness and decision making.

Think we forget just how young he is (won’t be 21 until next January).

With Semedo’s contract up in 2 years, hopefully this loan enables him to challenge properly for that position the season after next.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So lets just think about this...

How much money do you think we'd get if we sold him now?

And how much money do you think we'd get if we sell him next summer after he's had a good season at PSV, including in the Champions League?

Not every single thing the club does is wrong, it surely doesn't take a genius to see that!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really saw nothing to suggest to me that Hoever should be a fixture in the team going forward.

Ultimately you can only dine out on "I was at Liverpool" for so long before you have to pull your thumb from up your **** and perform for the team.

That game against Liverpool when he screwed up in injury time, gifting, them an undeserved win I still have nightmares about.

To compound it further it came after 93 mins of one of the best defensive performances I have seen from a LB (RAN) against Salah.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is neat and tidy and technically not appalling, but his crossing is abysmal.

Are you talking about Hoever or RAN? The same criticism could be aimed at Rayan...... at least Ait Nouri does look like he actually wants to be out there though.
Ive seen nothing from Hoever that makes me think he'll be a loss to the team.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Are you talking about Hoever or RAN? The same criticism could be aimed at Rayan...... at least Ait Nouri does look like he actually wants to be out there though.
Ive seen nothing from Hoever that makes me think he'll be a loss to the team.
I mean RAN is by and away our best set piece taker, would you fancy Hoever on them?

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really saw nothing to suggest to me that Hoever should be a fixture in the team going forward.

Ultimately you can only dine out on "I was at Liverpool" for so long before you have to pull your thumb from up your **** and perform for the team.

That game against Liverpool when he screwed up in injury time, gifting, them an undeserved win I still have nightmares about.

To compound it further it came after 93 mins of one of the best defensive performances I have seen from a LB (RAN) against Salah.
On that basis Dendoncker wouldn't have played for us after 7th May 2019.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A dry loan to psv is a wise move. If hoever does well we can even make a profit.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very one eyed to suggest Liverpool didn't deserve to win. They hammered us 1 0. It was embarrassing.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wish he had gone on loan to a Championship club to stay within the pace and mentality of the English game, but good luck to him, hope it works out and he comes back to add quality to our squad.
It looks like you were right. A loan in the Ch was the way to go.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked decent tonight. It will be interesting to see whether this form carries on until the end of the season. Probably another championship loan next season might be just the tonic again.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long until he is our top goal scorer based in England.

Needs a good run of games and hopefully get him working hard. Still plenty of time to prove he can make it at wolves

Kennedy

Reaction score
3 in 2!

A good loan spell in the champ could be worth millions to us. To be honest I had thought we had lost our (£13M?) money on him.

If he keeps on like this he could fetch a tidy sum or maybe make it at Wolves. I think the former is more likely.

Well done to him as well, he's taken a lot of stick over alleged attitude problems. Let's hope he has sorted himself out for his and our benefit. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom