Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ki-Jana Hoever

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
With Hoever, Neto, Vitinha, Neves and Silva, we could have one hell of a side in 3-4 years time.

Just got to make sure we don’t take our eye off the ball with the first team in the meantime.

I really like and fully support the strategy of trying to buy top talents just before they reach their peak but it does come with a lot of risk. Only takes one bad half-season to get caught up in a relegation battle.

Difficult balance to strike between the future and the present...

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell another 18 year old. Yes he may be talented but come on the first XI is crying out for some maturity in key positions. And now rumours of Liverpool after Jota....Have the club completely lost it. Selling Jota will send huge negative reverberations around the club and its fan base. Jeff Shi are you listening???

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another 'great' youngster Liverpool are selling. Ibe, Solanke, Wilson.

Really worth losing Jota for, **** sake.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suck it up, complainers.

Ahem.

This thread's like a luxury version of whenever we signed Jamie Tank or whoever. I can see the worry too: Hoever and Silva are good signings if they're first team ready or, if not, we supplement them with first team signings.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is clearly a break down in communication.

Nuno and Jeff have obviously had a falling out over transfers and Nuno has stormed out of Jeff’s office shouting, “Just sign whoever!”.

Jeff took him literally and this is now happening.

modenawolf

Reaction score
Suck it up, complainers.

Ahem.

This thread's like a luxury version of whenever we signed Jamie Tank or whoever. I can see the worry too: Hoever and Silva are good signings if they're first team ready or, if not, we supplement them with first team signings.

The problem is, if they were first-team ready, we wouldn't be able to afford them, or they wouldn't come to Wolves.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is, if they were first-team ready, we wouldn't be able to afford them, or they wouldn't come to Wolves.

Yeah we're clearly not going to attract world class first-team players just now, but I'd take a striker/RWB of Marcal/Podence quality right now. Watford are hawking Troy Deeney around, apparently....

*ducks*

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we sign 18 year-olds like Fabio and Hoever touted as being the next big thing I can't help but think of there being no difference to the times where MGW and Zele Ismael where similarly touted but ended up being far from it.

We didn't pay for them! I also think it's too early to write off MGW.

If we see these signings as investments first and foremost and players second (which is what I fear is happening) then it only takes one in two or three to come off for the club (and agents!) to make a huge profit.

R

RyanWW

When we sign 18 year-olds like Fabio and Hoever touted as being the next big thing I can't help but think of there being no difference to the times where MGW and Zele Ismael where similarly touted but ended up being far from it.

Indeed. No guarantees at all that they will develop into good Premier League players. In the meantime you will get lots of mistakes (Silva's miss last night) and inconsistency which will cost you results. I'd much prefer to be signing 22-25 year olds who can already contribute at a good level and still have time to grow and get better. Replacing top six quality players with 18 year olds is only going to see us drop down the table unfortunately.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. No guarantees at all that they will develop into good Premier League players. In the meantime you will get lots of mistakes (Silva's miss last night) and inconsistency which will cost you results. I'd much prefer to be signing 22-25 year olds who can already contribute at a good level and still have time to grow and get better. Replacing top six quality players with 18 year olds is only going to see us drop down the table unfortunately.

I would point out that it was the experienced John Ruddy that cost us the game yesterday.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah we're clearly not going to attract world class first-team players just now, but I'd take a striker/RWB of Marcal/Podence quality right now. Watford are hawking Troy Deeney around, apparently....

*ducks*

Not for me. He’d be better off joining a circus.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a top top talent, but like the others we've signed this season we won't see the best for at least a couple of years. Fosun have patience, but do we? (don't reply to this I know what the answer is :p ).

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't believe Hoever is coming in as first choice. I can see him coming in to supplement someone of the standard of Jesus Corona, Nelson Semedo or Ricardo Pereira.
Note that Hoever will be home-grown when he reaches 21

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Hoever, Neto, Vitinha, Neves and Silva, we could have one hell of a side in 3-4 years time.

Just got to make sure we don’t take our eye off the ball with the first team in the meantime.

I really like and fully support the strategy of trying to buy top talents just before they reach their peak but it does come with a lot of risk. Only takes one bad half-season to get caught up in a relegation battle.

Difficult balance to strike between the future and the present...

I agree.

However,we did beat Blades 2-0 with Marcal allready looking solid.

I don´t recollect seeing either Doherty or Jota on the pitch.

Buying young solid potential is probably the only way long term we can break into the top four.We will hit our head in the glass cieling that is FFP otherwise.

I don´t know anything about Hoever,but I do have confidence in our recruiting department..so I am all for it.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It should be clear to our supporters by now that the club are looking at the Dortmund model not Tottenham. Big risks but enormous rewards if we get it right.

Dortmund have a bigger squad so can take risks on youngsters as they have experience that can cover

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dortmund have a bigger squad so can take risks on youngsters as they have experience that can cover

They are also far better than most in that league, so can take risks on youngsters knowing they can have bad games and not really effect the results too much. Teams like Celtic and the big Portuguese 3 can do the same too, Wolves are fighting tooth and nail EVERY game, it makes it a lot harder to develop players, many teams in England have the same issue.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a good player by all accounts but he is 18 for God's sake! The Premier League never mind the Championship is a cruel place for youngsters as we saw with Silva against Stoke. We desperately need three new quality, mature players in the squad. Now.

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
They are also far better than most in that league, so can take risks on youngsters knowing they can have bad games and not really effect the results too much. Teams like Celtic and the big Portuguese 3 can do the same too, Wolves are fighting tooth and nail EVERY game, it makes it a lot harder to develop players, many teams in England have the same issue.

but by being prepared to sell their best young players, even to hated rivals bayern, they have condemned themselves to be at best, second to fc hollywood.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very highly rated player and lots of respect to the many liverpool fans who says he is going to a good club with a good manager and we play decent football. We have a gem here and he looks a great player.

Back
Top Bottom