Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Keeping Neves and Traore - is that good enough?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may prove to be premature with 4 hours still to go but I remember asking the question some weeks back if nothing else happens is hanging on to Neves and Traore good enough? TBh I'm hoping and praying for this right now. Who knows what's going on inside the Club and with Fosun's plans for us but if we keep these 2 the window goes from pretty bad to just bad. I've always felt, with Kilman's emergence, the defence is ok. Our defence has always been the one area we can rely on. Mf is now so light it is unbelieveable. With Boly coming back perhaps Lage will put Saiss back where he started to swell the mf numbers? And the attack? Well an injury to Jimenez and we are now relying on a Korean rather than and 18 year old. If things do stay like this I'm thrilled we've kept our 2 best players, and this gives me some hope for the season, but Fosun have put the new manager in a very difficult situation, not just with picking a squad but having to defend this window to us supporters.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This may prove to be premature with 4 hours still to go but I remember asking the question some weeks back if nothing else happens is hanging on to Neves and Traore good enough? TBh I'm hoping and praying for this right now. Who knows what's going on inside the Club and with Fosun's plans for us but if we keep these 2 the window goes from pretty bad to just bad. I've always felt, with Kilman's emergence, the defence is ok. Our defence has always been the one area we can rely on. Mf is now so light it is unbelieveable. With Boly coming back perhaps Lage will put Saiss back where he started to swell the mf numbers? And the attack? Well an injury to Jimenez and we are now relying on a Korean rather than and 18 year old. If things do stay like this I'm thrilled we've kept our 2 best players, and this gives me some hope for the season, but Fosun have put the new manager in a very difficult situation, not just with picking a squad but having to defend this window to us supporters.
Good enough for me. However, people are acting as if we haven't signed anyone in this window. Transfers before deadline day also count. Just relieved it looks like we're keeping Traore and Neves.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We’ve added to the squad maybe not as many as people wanted and our options off the bench are limited esp if mgw goes ( haven’t seen this confirmed) yet but if neves and adama are still wolves players that’s a massive plus for me. most would have expected one or the other to go.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No because of a lack of goals .

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. Not after Bruno has been giving it the biggun in his interviews.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be just about be able to stomach it if it wasn’t for us weakening the squad further on the day. If nowt happens MGW has to stay. We all passionate but it is manifested from us feeling we have threw away a golden chance to join the top table of football.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere near, the squad is completely unbalanced and manager and chairman are at odds, add to this the ridiculous balls ups Vinny is making and the price increases, goodwill will be fast disappearing. Utter amateurs running the football side

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were so very nearly there then we got Mike Deaned in the 89th minute at Burnley and the rest as they say is history it’s been downhill ever since. What I do like tho is it isn’t boring to watch Wolves anymore. For 38 games last season it was.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s great that it looks like they are staying

However, we have needed a proven top defender for three years and a mobile midfielder a
For 18 months and we’ve failed and that to me is negligence

I believe Sellars is out of his depth in senior football - his reputation is in the ACademy area

We need a top DOF to help is

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not good enough to just keep what we have. Lage wants 3 or 4 quality players in. If they aren't forthcoming it shows the board have let him down. Results will fail to improve and Lage will be the fall guy but we all now its down to Jeff and Fosun

Reactions: JTM

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have rather we sold at least one of them and used the money to reinvent the squad. I feel we are too stale.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good enough for achieving what? Survival and mid-table - yes. It will be hard to kick on though without quality additions at CB and CM.

Feel a bit for Bruno that he only got a couple of loan to buys and not the 3-4 top players he wanted.

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No, we should be building on the squad not just aiming to retain the best players. Teams that stand still go backwards in the PL.
Would have liked to see the 3/4 quality first team signings that Bruno has asked for.
Still a few hours left

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good enough for me. However, people are acting as if we haven't signed anyone in this window. Transfers before deadline day also count. Just relieved it looks like we're keeping Traore and Neves.

me too, but Bruno very publicly stated he needed 3 or 4 additions. This is just a massive clanger from Jeff, the recruitment team or whoever

What does it say to our players that some were keen to leave and we couldn't recruit anyone when the manager wanted to?

D

Deleted member yltz11841

It’s great that it looks like they are staying

However, we have needed a proven top defender for three years and a mobile midfielder a
For 18 months and we’ve failed and that to me is negligence

I believe Sellars is out of his depth in senior football - his reputation is in the ACademy area

We need a top DOF to help is
Pointless having a DOF Jeff would ignore anything and everything they say anyway. Wast of a wage.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have let Otasowie go and MGW on loan, not taken up the option on Vitinha , then we are light on midfield options, except of course Donk and Saiss can play there.
Like NNW I think the defence is fine.. The attackers need goals but we shouldn't just rely on Jiminez. Cutrone and Mir have been moved on.

But, I think people seem to forget we have signed Sa, Ait Nouri, Trincao, Mosquera and Hwang.......not the complete lack of business some are suggesting. Imo Ait-Nouri and Trincao will be quality, the jury is out on the others.
Also, and sorry to do a Moxey, having Pod back fit, and Boly soon will be like new signings.
If we keep Neves and Traore that is a definite plus.
I think the main issue is Bruno has been vocal in his wants, and we can see the beginning of a good looking team, rather than the fact that we are short of options per se.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What's wrong with Koreans?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I really wish you could manage a post that isn't contentious in some way or other. And no, thats not a compliment, before you congratulate yourself.
Son at Spurs is Korean...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's not that we haven't signed "anyone". It's that it's hard , on balance of ins and outs, to see any strengthening of the side that finished 13th. Sa for Rui, straight swap. Trincao in, but then Neto is effectively out. A couple of inexperienced, untested arrivals. Can already tell you, the excuses will be: "one for the future" when he fails to live up to the standard needed to get you above the top 12 or so. That applies to all and any of them.

Weaknesses are not addressed by swapping one in and one out. Or buying someone we already had on loan. Traore and Neves both want to leave, and they will once high enough bids come in. Best make the most of the time they have left with us!

R1ch

Reaction score
Bruno hasn't been backed sufficiently especially as he's trying to change the way we play. Extremely disappointed, first team no better than before the window and the squad isn't any bigger. I can't understand how they get these summer windows wrong, 3 years running is that now?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, Bruno wanted 3 or 4 top players, Bruno is the man in charge, he hasn't got what he wanted so no it's not good enough

I’m a super positive poster on here, and strong supporter of Jeff, but I absolutely agree with this. Not only haven’t we brought in the 3-4 top players Bruno wanted, but we’ve loaned out MGW too. It doesn’t matter how good our targets, and how close we may have been, the fact is, right now, we have not delivered what Bruno asked for.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No we have a smaller squad than we had than last season, although im happy with most the incomings the positions we needed to strengthen have again not been increased in numbers. Neves and Traore wont be here this time next year with thos clubs ambition. Its a joke we cannot pay the going rate for players that Lage wants

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better than selling, they will go at the earliest possibility.

mexy

Reaction score
Over the moon if Neves and Traore stay but by not bringing anyone in, a few injuries to key players and were in the ****.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all by Jeff & Fosun as I wrote on the other thread..

Midfield Problem..
Owen Otasowie ( Out ) Morgan Gibbs White ( Out ) ??
João Palhinha, ( Not in ) Renato Sanches ( Not in ) ??
Same Old reliance on Ruben & Mouts again as start of last season ??

Striker Problem..
Rafa Mir (Out) Patrick Cutrone (Out) ??
Hee Chan Hwang (in) Last season RB Lepizig 20 games 0 goals??
Same Old reliance on Raul & Fabio again as start of last season ??

Not to mention the defensive injury problems..

If Jeff and co don't do any good late transfer signings tonight.. Bruno will feel he's had the rug pulled from underneath him

Back
Top Bottom