Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Keeping Neves and Traore - is that good enough?

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
The same as last summer after the Europa quarter final it feels like another missed opportunity.

After being gutted Nuno was gone and not sure about Bruno the performances show we've found another good one.

I just get the feeling he's gonna get sacked before being given the tools to do the job. 1 injury in midfield and we are calling on Saiss (not played there for 3 years) or Coady (not played there for 4) to be our first backup.

He has repeatedly asked for signings and said the squad is too small since he started doing interviews. He's now lost MGW on top of this small squad.

From his interview on Sunday I'm not sure he really wanted Hwang and he's the only player we've bought in since the middle of July.

Keeping the stars is great but as others have said can't see Neves, Jimenez or Neto being here this time next year and no chance of Adama signing the new contract.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both players' contracts will be one year from expiry at the end of this season. Even if they don't hand in transfer requests because of our lack of ambition, Jeff will just shuffle them out the door for sub £25m fees to grind out a small profit, as they did with Rui. Hard not to feel black pilled when this penny pinching and failed brinkmanship happens window after window.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kids on the bench for the forseable then by the looks of things!

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be delighted if we keep Ruben and Adama. There were times in the past couple of months when it looked like one or both wouldn't be here, so to keep them both is good news.
However, to let OO, MGW, Mir and Cutrone go with only 2 coming in doesn't look good to me. Hoping that a rabbit will pulled out of a hat in the next couple of hours, but I worry we are only a couple of injuries away from being in the same mess we were last year.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
My only consolation is we have kept Neves and Traore. Playing well, the luck will turn and the goals will come. Next 8 games massive now.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it is far from good enough, infact I would argue keeping Adama in our present circumstances has actually set us back a long way as we clearly needed the money from his sale to reinvest. He is a luxury we could maybe do better without, I would never ever say the same about Neves - he is the sort of player we should “build the team around” not Adama.

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
No. The sad thing is we don't seem to have many other fully fit players other clubs would pay good money for.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it is far from good enough, infact I would argue keeping Adama in our present circumstances has actually set us back a long way as we clearly needed the money from his sale to reinvest.
In a weird way, you're right. At the end of the season he will enter the last year of his contract and his market value will plummet. Seeing how Fosun binned off Rui when this happened, I can see them accepting the first £25m offer that comes in for Adama, which would be a shocker. Letting the world know we are trying to be self-sustainable may have been the biggest mistake Jeff ever made, because the bids we want for players are coming in lower than expected. They know we have to sell to buy.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No it is far from good enough, infact I would argue keeping Adama in our present circumstances has actually set us back a long way as we clearly needed the money from his sale to reinvest. He is a luxury we could maybe do better without, I would never ever say the same about Neves - he is the sort of player we should “build the team around” not Adama.
Neither player had much interest, Adama more so than Neves. 30M barely gets you Adama's inferior replacement so pointless to sell for that price

Back
Top Bottom