Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa wins Midlands Player of the Year!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yay! I was sceptical when we signed him and I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but he's proven me wrong and deserves this award. Generally been outstanding!

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good lad.

I guess if Teeth wins the Conference League then he will get Manager of the Year. If not, then surely Steven Gerrard gets it for just (about) managing Village

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done to him! Earned us a lot of points this season.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too was doubtful when we let Rui leave and replaced him with Jose however he has proved to be one heck of a signing, well done and well deserved.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Notice that the Rui worshippers from last season are conspicuous by their absence. Jose can have mad moments, but he is a far better all round keeper

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Notice that the Rui worshippers from last season are conspicuous by their absence. Jose can have mad moments, but he is a far better all round keeper
Rui had a poor season last year (and looks to have made a few rickets this year). He might be on the way down but has been a top keeper for an extended period. I have been pleasantly surprised by Sa but it is notable that those (e.g. the Mix's Portuguese members) who have watched him previously are surprised at his form this season. He is having an exceptional season but it may very well be a one off. Much more evidence is required to justify your final assertion.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
but it is notable that those (e.g. the Mix's Portuguese members) who have watched him previously are surprised at his form this season.
Who other than podence would have seen him play before?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui had a poor season last year (and looks to have made a few rickets this year). He might be on the way down but has been a top keeper for an extended period. I have been pleasantly surprised by Sa but it is notable that those (e.g. the Mix's Portuguese members) who have watched him previously are surprised at his form this season. He is having an exceptional season but it may very well be a one off. Much more evidence is required to justify your final assertion.
Well, 30 odd games is a pretty long 'one off'. How many games does he need to have played to justify my final assertion in your opinion? I was never particularly impressed with Rui and his statistical record according those on here who looked at it (not me) suggested he was one of the poorest keepers in the PL. I never thought he was much of an improvement on John Ruddy if I'm honest. Didn't ever command his area and too often let in really soft goals.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, 30 odd games is a pretty long 'one off'. How many games does he need to have played to justify my final assertion in your opinion? I was never particularly impressed with Rui and his statistical record according those on here who looked at it (not me) suggested he was one of the poorest keepers in the PL. I never thought he was much of an improvement on John Ruddy if I'm honest. Didn't ever command his area and too often let in really soft goals.
I may be wrong but l believe that the statistical issue you mention in your third sentence was solely true for Rui's third season at Wolves. That was in rather stark difference to the first two seasons. To say that Rui was little better than Ruddy, at least until last season, is farcical.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who other than podence would have seen him play before?
He didn't always play in Greece! He played in Portuguese football for both Maritimo and Porto. There are Portuguese Mixers who have commented that he has exceeded their expectations.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be wrong but l believe that the statistical issue you mention in your third sentence was solely true for Rui's third season at Wolves. That was in rather stark difference to the first two seasons. To say that Rui was little better than Ruddy, at least until last season, is farcical.
Farcical? Balls. Perfectly tenable. Rui was a bit too prone to give soft goals away when he played for us, whatever season you are looking at. I think he was living on past glories. Ruddy is unjustly maligned by too many on here.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Farcical? Balls. Perfectly tenable. Rui was a bit too prone to give soft goals away when he played for us, whatever season you are looking at. I think he was living on past glories. Ruddy is unjustly maligned by too many on here.
Given that Ruddy, who l rate incidentally, is the King of soft goals conceded that comment is a tad ironic.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has just been put into the team of the year on Saturday Social too.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has just been put into the team of the year on Saturday Social too.
Well excluding Man City and Liverpool players that is they have just announced. Ah **** it he would have got in anyway in front of Ederson and Allison. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom