Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa vs Rui Patricio

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota did them both there with a little push. Don't think he should have been out there, but also think it should have been a foul. Got to love a crazy keeper anyway though!
100% foul for me, I was just above it easy clearance for Sa until Saiss was pushed into him by Jota. If anything if Saiss had stayed out of the way no issue. Doubt it would have been given if went to VAR though.

For me great keeper. Rui did some brilliant saves like City at home first season but prefer sweeper keeper in Sa, someone who gets to crosses and his distribution is brilliant (watching pre-game ping 60 yard flat passes to Ruddy). Not convinced his shot stopping is worse.

Only issue for me is why pass to Saiss/Coady from a goal kick we invited pressure. At least mixed it up 2nd half.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both of them can’t carry us much longer though. We have to start scoring again

With over a third of the season gone we are on course to score 31 goals this season MEW.

We have scored 12 goals in 15 games, an average of 0.8 a game.

31 goals in a 38 game season. What a joke that appears to be!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With over a third of the season gone we are on course to score 31 goals this season MEW.

We have scored 12 goals in 15 games, an average of 0.8 a game.

31 goals in a 38 game season. What a joke that appears to be!
Compare that to last season and under mick?? Very worrying considering this is our most talented side

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know and have to agree.

Can’t remember who it was but heard someone say recently we are the current Stoke City of the Premier League!

That is an insult. Especially, as you say and again I agree with, we have so many talented players.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d never say that Sa is better than Rui but he is much more of what we need. He’s commanding, comes out and has good distribution; it’s really helping the defence.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d never say that Sa is better than Rui but he is much more of what we need. He’s commanding, comes out and has good distribution; it’s really helping the defence.
Rui also past his peak. But Sa has got so much better since been here you have to point to Tony Roberts what a job he’s doing

Reactions: Ned

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would say Sa is not better than the first 2 seasons of Rui, but on current form Sa is now a better keeper than Rui it happens to us all we get older the reflexes slow etc etc and there is no doubt in my mind that Rui is on the downgrade whereas Jose has brought things we needed to our Team such as being a sweeper keeper, coming for crosses, accurate distribution, and I think he is a character did I see him kiss (was it Coady) after a block, and on another occasion one of our players grabbed his beard after he had made a stop, yes he is a bit mad but I really like him and I think the players have come to trust him and he fits in well. As an aside goodness knows how he understands Connors accent he desereves praise for that alone, and his partner aint bad either.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say Sa is not better than the first 2 seasons of Rui, but on current form Sa is now a better keeper than Rui it happens to us all we get older the reflexes slow etc etc and there is no doubt in my mind that Rui is on the downgrade whereas Jose has brought things we needed to our Team such as being a sweeper keeper, coming for crosses, accurate distribution, and I think he is a character did I see him kiss (was it Coady) after a block, and on another occasion one of our players grabbed his beard after he had made a stop, yes he is a bit mad but I really like him and I think the players have come to trust him and he fits in well. As an aside goodness knows how he understands Connors accent he desereves praise for that alone, and his partner aint bad either.
Yea he’s impossible not to like. I was watching the game on tv and saw, I think Coady, grab his beard when he made a save. Clearly a personality and has a great rapport with the defence already.

Needs a chant.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SA is so much better. Rui makes just as many mistakes. Sa's mistakes come from him being so confident they look worse.

blackbullyV2

Reaction score
Patricio wouldn't have been out of his area to collide with Saiss,but I'd rather him come out and make the odd error, over being rooted to his goal line.

I always thought Patricio was hugely overrated. People say his good points was his shot stopping, but I didn't see even that. He's bang average. Sa is a much better keeper, even if he punches when I'd rather him catch.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Sa is a good keeper. But when the opposition get a penalty then I’d rather have Rui in goal every time.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio still looks far better in the conference final,and he's just won a European trophy

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
95% voted for Sa. This isn't even close is it.

Now, who would win a 50-50 tackle, George Elokobi or Kevin Muscat?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done to Rui! Glad he's won a trophy. Sa is still the better GK in my opinion, but I'm happy to see Rui doing well in Italy.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I have nothing bad to say about Rui. Great keeper, seems like a nice guy too. Did well for us and is doing well for Roma now too. But Sa has a different dimension to his game that Rui hasnt - the keeper sweeper aspect. So that make Sa the better of the two.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have nothing bad to say about Rui. Great keeper, seems like a nice guy too. Did well for us and is doing well for Roma now too. But Sa has a different dimension to his game that Rui hasnt - the keeper sweeper aspect. So that make Sa the better of the two.
I loved Rui but Sa suits the modern game better.

Rui crushes Sa at pens though.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio is a decent shot stopper and has a better record on penalties than Sa. But he is at the end of his career and will decline. I think Sa has time to get even better. He needs to practice penalties though. He commits a millisecond too early and good takers spot that. His command of the area , communication and distribution are miles better than Rui. Absolute steal at 6m and probably the best recruitment we have done in the last 4 windows? I just hope we keep him as he has gained a lot of admirers this season.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Saw highlights of the final. Rui made 3 or 4 good saves and kept Roma in it. Still stays put in his box though

Back
Top Bottom