Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa vs Rui Patricio

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa brilliant again today

I think Norwich may have sneaked it 1-0 if Rui was in goal. Couple of times Sa was out really sharp off his line to prevent chances that with Rui, would have been one on ones.

Noticed him yelling at the team to get forward too. Was really frustrating as at least 3 times, he did a quick throw out, but our player just stood still, dawdled, faffed and wasted a breakaway opportunity.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa is the future no1 of Portugal, I loved Rui but I have not seen better.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa was MOTm by a country mile yesterday, I was sad to see Rui go but Jose is beginning to make me think we have made the right call, If he keeps on turning in the kind of performances like yesterday its only a matter of time before he replaces Rui as Portugals No1, however Santos does tend to reward loyalty by picking players that have been part of the set up for many years.

Clipboard

Reaction score
Sa was MOTm by a country mile yesterday, I was sad to see Rui go but Jose is beginning to make me think we have made the right call, If he keeps on turning in the kind of performances like yesterday its only a matter of time before he replaces Rui as Portugals No1, however Santos does tend to reward loyalty by picking players that have been part of the set up for many years.
I agree. Luckily for Sa, I think Santos days are numbered. (No Christmas jokes).

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent signing.

I was fully behind selling Patricio but had doubts about Sa. Recovered after a mixed start to probably be top 3 for our POTY so far with Kilman behind Neves. Just seems a very good all-round keeper.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm pleased that Rui managed to sort out is kicking half way through his time with us - because, let's be honest for a professional footballer his kicking was atrocious and a lot of fans were too mesmerised by the Portuguese romance to admit it.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Roma v Inter and the **** show that is Rui Patricio in goal.

Jose Sa is a certain upgrade and improvement.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A few seasons of prem football, hopefully some European action and some international caps - Sa potentially has a higher ceiling from what I've seen so far

Turned out to be a smart piece of business

Why do we have to gloat that we’ve upgraded him? Someone just said Jose Sa has a much higher ceiling than Rui.

FFS that’s like saying Gary Pierce had a higher ceiling than Gordon Banks!!

Why not just say thanks and best wishes instead of a gloating slag off fest?

Gloating? Hateful? And why twist what was actually posted for the sake of a petty whinge?

Douchebag

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa's very good, though people seem to have forgotten just how good Patricio was, particularly in his first two seasons here. Seems like we may well have let him move on at the perfect time, but Patricio wouldn't tackle Saiss thirty yards from goal to give the opposition a clear goalscoring opportunity!

Do like Sa though, very good keeper and we can really play a much higher line with him between the sticks

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Rui Patricio was class for the most part in his time at Wolves. What a statement signing he was!

Loving Sa so far though, another clanger today which lead to Jota’s farcical miss, but he made a top class save to deny Mane.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa's very good, though people seem to have forgotten just how good Patricio was, particularly in his first two seasons here. Seems like we may well have let him move on at the perfect time, but Patricio wouldn't tackle Saiss thirty yards from goal to give the opposition a clear goalscoring opportunity!

Do like Sa though, very good keeper and we can really play a much higher line with him between the sticks
I do feel tackling your own players whilst leaving your net untended is part of his charm though.

He brilliant most of the time and a total headcase the rest of the time. I like him a lot.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
I do feel tackling your own players whilst leaving your net untended is part of his charm though.

He brilliant most of the time and a total headcase the rest of the time. I like him a lot.
Jota did them both there with a little push. Don't think he should have been out there, but also think it should have been a foul. Got to love a crazy keeper anyway though!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's geo-restricted. So in the spirit of sharing and demonstrating what we have upgraded MASSIVELY, watch this:

It won't take long, 4 minutes in the Olympico and 30 seconds on Molineux mix.

Rui wasn't just beaten at the near post, the ball passed between his legs.
You can also enjoy watching him flap around for the second.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jose Sa by miles and that says a lot when Patricio is quality also.
Jose is the (“clearly nuts “) goal keeper that teams hate playing against. Can play the sweeper role with ease, great shot stopper. Distribution is far better and is able to command his area and come for any ball with ease. He is a top top keeper!!! Only criticism is he gets a rush of blood to the head every so often that can cause error.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jose Sa is going to have the occasional rush of blood - we have to accept that. But he's superb - look at that save against Burnley where they took a quick free kick and he came out and tackled Cornet. Absolutely excellent goalkeeping & if I had to choose a POTS right now I simply couldn't decide between him, Kilman and Neves

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Was a bit fearful after the Man Utd and Brentford games. Since then, he’s been absolutely top-drawer.

Thought it was a downgrade at the time, but looks a masterstroke now.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just talked to Kilman.

He says he appreciates all the love fans are showing him, but he thinks the thread should stay focused on Jose and what a great signing he was.

However, Max also says that if you want to show your appreciation, Guzeppi, his semi-official spokesperson and chief cheerleader, is accepting gifts during the holiday season.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The header first half was great, having him helps the defence so much. A great, great signing so far.

Yes it was Jade.

Rui would have stayed rooted to his goal line!

Jose has also got a great kick on him and releases the ball a lot quicker than Rui ever did.

Back
Top Bottom