Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Joao Moutinho Surely Deserves a New 1 or 2 year Contract

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m at a loss as to why people don’t want him having a two year deal. He’s game even in his 20s had nothing to do with pace (he’s never had any) and he still gets round the pitch as he has all his career.

With Neves going it’s a no brainer for me that he gets a two year deal
And get him to do his coaching badges at the same time.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And get him to do his coaching badges at the same time.
I've always thought he'd make a great coach, but has he ever suggested he'd be interested in doing them?

D

Deleted member intdint

I’m at a loss as to why people don’t want him having a two year deal. He’s game even in his 20s had nothing to do with pace (he’s never had any) and he still gets round the pitch as he has all his career.

With Neves going it’s a no brainer for me that he gets a two year deal

Agree, its funny that during the last Nuno season, people were saying that his legs had gone, and it was “embarrassing” seeing him blow around the pitch etc, think at the same time people were saying that Neves was finished too.

Much like in boxing, styles make fights, and a teams play style will impact heavily on how good a player looks to the casual fan.

Moutinho is class, however I feel that we need a proper box to box midfielder next to him. Neves top end speed is poor, so I think with the right player next to him, Moutinho will look even better next season.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always thought he'd make a great coach, but has he ever suggested he'd be interested in doing them?
Never heard him say it but it just seems like a natural progression for him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seem to remember Bruno doing an interview during the season saying he naturally expected Joao to go into coaching and that he was looking to do his badges, but I’ve slept and drank a lot since then so it might be wishful thinking

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he was that good last season. If we are still trying to build a side around him next year I don't really know how we'll fair.
People still talk about him on here as though he is one of the best in the division, and the best player we have ever had, yet in reality we are struggling coming up against palace's midfield, Newcastle's, hell even Burnley's. The games against Norwich we had the ball a lot but I felt like they had positional control, and we created **** all in 3 games against them.
He has still had some very good games. I would happily have him re-sign, but if we keep him and play him in the same way as we have done, we will really struggle.
I don't see how last season can be seen as a success for Moutinho, particularly when we had to become more reliant on him as players got injured(see Neves), he didn't really perform.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member drgr12429

I don't think he was that good last season. If we are still trying to build a side around him next year I don't really
People still talk about him on here as though he is one of the best in the division, and the best player we have ever had, yet in reality we are struggling coming up against palace's midfield, Newcastle's, hell even Burnley's. The games against Norwich we had the ball a lot but I felt like they had positional control, and we created **** all in 3 games against them.
He has still had some very good games. I would happily have him re-sign, but if we keep him and play him in the same way as we have done, we will really struggle.
I don't see how last season can be seen as a success for Moutinho, particularly when we had to become more reliant on him as players got injured(see Neves), he didn't really perform.
I'll just leave this here....

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ah ok. He's **** then. You'll be calling Jeff to take his place?
Still a very good squad player, doesn't start for any other top 10 team. Imo but worth a solid contract on a 1 year deal + 1 year option based on games played.

Said my piece on him enough

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A quality player, but we don't really want to base a midfield around an aging player when we have been struggling in this area. So, for me, keep him as an option, but use with caution. This means we need more strength in depth.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be nice to get him an extension but in the grand scheme of things our season doesn't depend on it. Much bigger deals will define our next season or two. I think we all need to accept this coming season will be a bottom half finish which is fine if we actually see some proactive work in the window with some actual plan on where we are headed playing style wise.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah ok. He's **** then. You'll be calling Jeff to take his place?
He's not a god. He's not ****.
But there are a lot of players in the middle of the park like Norrgard, Bissouma, Romeu, Doucoure, McGinn in teams around us that offer around the same in terms of output these days. He doesn't control enough of the games he plays in anymore.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we all need to accept this coming season will be a bottom half finish which is fine if we actually see some proactive work in the window with some actual plan on where we are headed playing style wise.
No we don't. Top half minimum.
If we don't Bruno won't be in a job.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolute no brainer that we should get him tied down asap. What he lacks in pace he more than makes up in his reading of the game. As I suspect our first team is going to be stacked with younger players his experience not with just the young Portuguese but in the squad as a whole is going to be crucial.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho and Neves totally bossed the man utd midfield and one of the moments of the season was Moutinho all over Pogba. I hope he gets another season.
Our midfield was superb at Old Trafford.

1-0 victory with Ruben and Mouts winning tackles, passing in front, behind, over and through the legs of Pogba and Co.

A midfield masterclass which was great to watch.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No room for sentiment, if he can still do a job then give him a contract, if he can't then no.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be nice to get him an extension but in the grand scheme of things our season doesn't depend on it. Much bigger deals will define our next season or two. I think we all need to accept this coming season will be a bottom half finish which is fine if we actually see some proactive work in the window with some actual plan on where we are headed playing style wise.
No chance a bottom half finish. Top half.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Our midfield was superb at Old Trafford.

1-0 victory with Ruben and Mouts winning tackles, passing in front, behind, over and through the legs of Pogba and Co.

A midfield masterclass which was great to watch.
Were man utds not extremely poor?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why?
When it works it's a highly effective system for us.
We won the personal duels that day. But yo knock what was a successful day at the office.

Are you serious?

You should read my previous comments.

Ruben and Mouts were superb in that match.

I’m knocking Uniteds £100million+ midfield, not ours!

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are you serious?

You should read my previous comments.

Ruben and Mouts were superb in that match.

I’m knocking Uniteds £100million+ midfield, not ours!
No you said utds 100+ million midfield was extremely poor.
No praise for our midfield at all.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Pogba didn't play a minute of that game. The midfield was Mctominy who is atrocious and Matic who is a pensioner. Glad to see we are sticking to the facts

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That "pensioner" was two years younger than Moutinho who ripped him a new one.....
Yeah, and he's no good. Would you have either Matic or Mctominy here?

People acting like the bossed Scholes and Keane.

They were excellent against an extremely poor United midfield

Back
Top Bottom