Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Joao Moutinho Surely Deserves a New 1 or 2 year Contract

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to admit love this guy, my favourite ever player alongside Boadbent, Knocker and Bully along with Neves, so hopefully good news on Ruben next.
You quote some all time greats there. Personally I would also include Waggy or Alan Hinton. What memories!

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good news this. No, of course he's not the future, but he's stayed fit and is imo good for another season. Can I be honest here, given our present financial limitations: I now hope our other incredibly talented (and potentially top class) defensive midfielder now bobs off having already said tara in a bit. We need midfielders in a different model, b2b or whatever you wanna call it. That, a striker who strikes, and a CB with pace are what most of us know we need. I'm chuffed about Mouts signing though, he's ****ing class.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news, thanks for making this happen Joao and Jeff. He is a winner and will help ensure we win enough games to be comfortable which should be everyones foremost requirement.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw Billy a few times near the end of his career but no memory of it, hence not in my list. My Dad reckoned Cullis was a better player than Billy. We will never know.
never saw Cullis play but reports say he played football in his own pen.area and took a few risks
but NEVER allowed his players,when manager,to do the same

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao has never played further forward in his career though and never been an attack orchestra? He's always been a sitter, who retains possession well and nicks ball really well.

His progressive passing numbers are mediocre at best compared to other sitting CMs.

I remember him playing at Old Trafford in a Champions League game on the right wing, but he was pretty young then.
He never took on the left back and beat him, though got behind a few times through good incoming passes....but his main objective, as now, was to retain possession and keep the ball moving either back inside to a runner, or backwards to the wing back overlapping him.
I distinctly remember watching him thinking United just cannot get the ball off this little ******* :)
He also played in that position for Portugal earlier in his career, though obviously sits a bit more now due to his age.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much as l rate Mouts l agree that there is no way that we should be looking at him playing every minute of every game.

I'm guessing that's the problem we were trying to solve with Vitinha 2 seasons ago, knowing that Moutinho's deal was expiring this summer.
Nevertheless, we have the same problem as last season in that we'll get some absolute qualiity, but he cannot carry the team through an entire season and be expected to shoulder the burden. What happens if his form goes, or he gets injured? Cundle? That's the difference between us and a club with more money to burn..strength in depth.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stage 1 for the midfield done

Stage 2 get Ruben to sign new contract

Stage 3 sign new box to box midfielder

Stage 4 get MGW to settle

Stage 5 sign a younger up and coming midfielder.

That will complete the window very nice for the midfield

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Been a privilege to watch this bloke the last 4 years and great we get another year of it. We really need someone to come in and learn from him for a year though

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to admit love this guy, my favourite ever player alongside Boadbent, Knocker and Bully along with Neves, so hopefully good news on Ruben next.
I like that Rhoswolf, I never saw Broadbent, a bit before my time, but loved Knocker for his audacious skills, unfortunately I left UK before Bully's tenure. In those days, no internet, no TV coverage, I relied on UK Sunday papers arriving maybe Tues.
Suffice to say Knocker, my favorite Wolves player until this current batch of Portugeezers, excellent players, and they not only on the field, but their off field behavior is top class, a credit to themselves and the club.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I know we should have established this a while ago, but can anyone confirm that Joao actually likes a glass or two of wine?

Back
Top Bottom