Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jermain Defoe - Retiring.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jermain Defoe has announced his retirement from football. What a player he has been. 286 goals in 731 club games and 20 goals for England. Jermain didn't like a tap in, and he always seemed to save something special for when he was playing against Wolves. We sometimes hear about players who bring the game into disrepute, well Jermain was an excellent ambassador for the game, wherever he played.

Jermain will also rightly be remembered for his friendship with Bradley Lowery and on the back of that he set up the Jermain Defoe Foundation. His work with the foundation earned him well deserved recognition with the award of an OBE.

Enjoy your retirement sir.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I will always remember his 2 thunderbolts at Molineux.I think it was the 3-3 draw .He was a damn good finisher and a decent guy as evidenced by his friendship with young Bradley .

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you ever wanted to have someone as professional, decent, and downright humble along with two marvellous feet - Jermain was undoubtedly the man.

Happy Retirement to him, and he can feel full of pride by the example he set, both on and off the pitch!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear. I thought he had retired a couple of years ago...

Kenny Hibbitt is my hero

Reaction score
Wet Spam fans won’t agree with you - handing in a transfer request the day after they were relegated and then when they wouldn’t honour it, he got himself sent off three times in quick succession to miss a dozen or so Championship games to force a move to Spuds.

But I think that can be put down as being young. He certainly matured and rightfully deserves a lot of credit for his achievements on and off the pitch

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always thought that for quite a long period of time, Defoe was one of the best players in the wolrld when it came to having your back to goal in the 18 yard box.

Exceptional player and a joy to watch

Back
Top Bottom