Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff Interview

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing like a good old Jeff chat to put minds at ease.
Interesting to see the mantra that was stated at the start when they joined is still there, I cant imagine where this club could be if it continued to progress over 10 or 20 years as well as recognising the length of the window strikes me as another slow summer which wont please many

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some things to note.....

"If you look back at the last four years, every season we have made some progress. It’s just a small step followed by a small step, consistently, continuously, persistently, going to the summit."

"The transfer window is now open until October, which is a long window. We’ll keep working hard, but we will stick to our principles and not rush into anything that isn’t right for us. We will wait and when the time comes, we will go for it, but if we don’t see a perfect target, we have to wait – we still have two months."

To the summit. Not base camp, not halfway, to the summit! That's always been the long-term ambition.

Based on his comments, I don't think we will see anything happen until late September/October. If anything, panic selling means there can be better bargains to be had closer to when the window shuts. We've also seen in previous Fosun windows that we are very active closer to the deadline.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
99% of links not true. Not going to jump into deals. Sounds like the Paulinho rumour is true but we won't pay the current asking price.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some things to note.....

"If you look back at the last four years, every season we have made some progress. It’s just a small step followed by a small step, consistently, continuously, persistently, going to the summit."

"The transfer window is now open until October, which is a long window. We’ll keep working hard, but we will stick to our principles and not rush into anything that isn’t right for us. We will wait and when the time comes, we will go for it, but if we don’t see a perfect target, we have to wait – we still have two months."

To the summit. Not base camp, not halfway, to the summit! That's always been the long-term ambition.

Based on his comments, I don't think we will see anything happen until late September/October. If anything, panic selling means there can be better bargains to be had closer to when the window shuts. We've also seen in previous Fosun windows that we are very active closer to the deadline.
not the end,not the beginning of the end but perhaps the end of the beginning(churchill)

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Car see wats wrong with the statement mesen.If a player they want is in their valuation they will buy him.If he's deemed out of range they wow bother.Dow think the wool will be pulled over ar Jeff's eyes.Josh wow be happy but we have to believe that we will eventually strengthen the team.Those that are fretting I suggest ya log off fora few wiks and wait for the player holding the shirt up.Then yow can come back and moan that he war wat we wanted. :tonguewink: See ya all later.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Nothing to see here"

But if we sell Jimenez or any other significant player then good replacements have to be found to move one step forward.

R

reanswolf

It makes perfect sense to spend wisely, after all the club has little income at present and we are not a big club with lots of other revenue, though that is changing rapidly.
Hopefully players in place before new season starts though.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
amazing that even though he says the plan is still the same people still panic and moan. why should fosun blow loads of cash every window just to keep vocal fans happy? we finished 7th two years running. you have to go back 50 years to find a period we were that good. i am happy with where the club is. frankly if we win a trophy before i die they will have done everything i could ask of them. thanks Fosun

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes perfect sense to spend wisely, after all the club has little income at present and we are not a big club with lots of other revenue, though that is changing rapidly.
Hopefully players in place before new season starts though.
We may not be a big club, but we are not skint. The sales of Cav, Costa, Cutrone, plus extra TV and europa money means we have cash to spend and we don't need to sell.
Spend it wisely and look to the future. Forget the likes if Rodriquez, we need to invest in quality youngsters.
Having watched us play in League 1 - twice - I for one can wait a couple of months. No need to panic.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s
That's the spirit.

I think people forgot although we had some disappointing transfers these are judged in hindsight, yet as a fan base we have no way the same amount of data as the recruitment team to look at.
finding the ideal signings who maybe deemed undervalued seems the fosun way, they have the targets and will go under the radar

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really pleased to hear from Jeff,its important that he does occasionally communicate .

Great that we are still working hard -very reassuring and that we will do it the Wolves way.

So now you know 99percent of rumours aren't true so that's all good too.

And we don't have to rush-we have two months -quite right wait and negotiate very hard at the end -it got Spurs where they are today.

Super.

At least he didn't say we had to sell before we buy .Jolly Dee.

Last edited:

TheAdmiral

Reaction score
In other words no signings imminent and dilly dallying again like last summer? Hope I'm wrong but sounds a tad familiar :grimacing:
That’s exactly what I thought I hope we don’t end up dithering about, quibbling over ‘pennies’ and end up getting either no one at all or more panic buys which is what happened last summer.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
at least he didn't say having jonny back will be like a new signing!

More than happy with the approach Jeff is taking, so what if we've got cash in the coffers - that's a good thing and doesn't mean we have to spend it all this summer. It means that if the right opportunity presents itself we can take advantage.

I don't judge how well we're doing by our transfer windows, i judge based on how well we're doing

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What Jeff said, makes complete sense to me and is very reassuring .
The progress we have made over the past 4 years is amazing and a dream come true, for those of us diehards who have been supporting the club since the mid 1950's.
Onwards and Upwards is the only way that Fosun will take us, and thank goodness they are backing the project, to the hilt.
Wolves ONLY Wolves!!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A day early too. Will put the petrol can back in the shed till the end of the window.

He's said what we're all thinking, nothing controversial nothing to raise expectations. He's hardly going to say we're spending massively, to push us on.

Incremental steps, not boom or bust. I'm a Happy clapper.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In other words no signings imminent and dilly dallying again like last summer? Hope I'm wrong but sounds a tad familiar :grimacing:
The summer we signed our record signing? The same summer everyone said we spunked cash doing Mendes a favour?
The same summer, we kept hold of our main squad, which resulted in a record premier league points haul?
The same summer we invested in other players, which ultimately didn't work?
Shall I go on?
Bring back Morgan eh?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good old Jeff,keeping everyone grounded,and quite right too
We dont need to panic buy,or pay over the odds
We also dont need to sell,although i still think a "name" will be sold this summer/autumn
Nice to hear the 10 year project being touted again,now with a 20yr caviat,hope not Jeff ill be long gone by then old beaut

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“For our long-term aims, I’ve repeated it many times, we want to be an elite team in the world, and also a top brand in the world, but we are not in a rush. We want to do things steadily, step-by-step, to build the club to that level.

If you look back at the last four years, including the first season when I came here in the Championship in 2016/17, every season we have made some progress. It’s just a small step followed by a small step, consistently, continuously, persistently, going to the summit. Time is not our enemy; in fact, time is our friend, our best friend.

It’s not all about short term results, it’s about getting closer to the final goal of ours; sometimes they match each other, sometimes they differ.”

These end notes give me that confidence, that FOSUN are here to stay for the long term.

I know we were so close again this season, but would you moan at a replicated season??

If we can see the progression, then I’m patient enough to wait to become that elite world team FOSUN want.

Back
Top Bottom