Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January can't come soon enough.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since promotion we've played 136 league games and won 33 of them. That's basically 1 in 4 games.

The fact is the vast majority of the squad no longer know how to win games anymore.

As many players who were signed by Mick need to be moved on ASAP.

That's the only way we'll get out of this rut in my opinion.

W

WasStefan

I agree. 2x full backs and centre midfielder, followed by a pacer striker would be my shopping list.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. 2x full backs and centre midfielder, followed by a pacer striker would be my shopping list.

I honestly don't care who goes. Apart from Doyle, Johnson and O'Hara I would happily see the the rest of Mick's men sold.

D

Deleted member 3545

easier said than done whos doing to come to a mid table championship team, may agree Wolves could attract the right players if they were in the top six even better top two

Last edited by a moderator:
A

andyc225

We finally look like getting things right off the pitch. Kevin Thelwell is now DoF and new scouts are coming in. Hopefully we'll kick on when players come back from injury and Ståle has another opportunity to add to our squad.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
easier said than done whos doing to come to a mid table championship team, may agree Wolves cold attract the right players if they were in the top six even better top two

If we can pay players more money than they currently get they will come.

For me it's more about breaking up a losing team an replacing them with players who play with more confidence

E

Edgmond Wolf

We need two footballing centre backs too

We have been letting goals in for fun for too long

Come on the Wolves

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We finally look like getting things right off the pitch. Kevin Thelwell is now DoF and new scouts are coming in. Hopefully we'll kick on when players come back from injury and Ståle has another opportunity to add to our squad.

Even if we hired new scouts and implemented our new scouting network tomorrow, I don't think there's enough time for us them to identify targets for January.

D

Deleted member 3545

If we can pay players more money than they currently get they will come.

For me it's more about breaking up a losing team an replacing them with players who play with more confidence

I agree with what your saying but even SS signings are slowly losing confidence. I do think a fully fit JoH will be a breath of fresh air.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I honestly don't care who goes. Apart from Doyle, Johnson and O'Hara I would happily see the the rest of Mick's men sold.

They are NOT Micks men they are Wolves men, Mick left nearly a year ago!!!

Other than that I tend to agree with you

Come on the Wolves

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are NOT Micks men they are Wolves men, Mick left nearly a year ago!!!

Other than that I tend to agree with you

Come on the Wolves

You know what I mean. By mick's men I mean the players who have won 25% of their games over the last 3 and a half seasons.

A

andyc225

Even if we hired new scouts and implemented our new scouting network tomorrow, I don't think there's enough time for us them to identify targets for January.

Targets for January will have been identified a while ago. We'll have everything in place for a strong summer window.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with what your saying but even SS signings are slowly losing confidence. I do think a fully fit JoH will be a breath of fresh air.

But that's the thing. What if he isn't?

At the moment our season hangs on O'Hara, Pzesko and Boukari getting fit and tearing up the division, and Jake Cassidy returning and scoring 15 goals in the run in.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need people who can score, SEB and Doyle aren't cutting it.

E

Edgmond Wolf

You know what I mean. By mick's men I mean the players who have won 25% of their games over the last 3 and a half seasons.

I do mate but Mick is gone time for players to take some responsibility

Come on the Wolves

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need people who can score, SEB and Doyle aren't cutting it.

But why is that. The last time these two played in this division, they scored nearly 50 goals between them. They've spent the last 3 and a half seasons having the stuffing out of them week in week out. That's why they should be moved on. Not because they're rubbish players.

D

Deleted member 3545

But that's the thing. What if he isn't?

At the moment our season hangs on O'Hara, Pzesko and Boukari getting fit and tearing up the division, and Jake Cassidy returning and scoring 15 goals in the run in.

In football you rely on alot of luck this season Wolves havnt had any luck be it injuries or bad decsions. then again this has also been the bain of supporting Wolves but i guess if you talk to other supports from other teams they would say the same thing

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We desperately need new players. Central midfielder, left back, striker, winger and centre back needed.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In football you rely on alot of luck this season Wolves havnt had any luck be it injuries or bad decsions. then again this has also been the bain of supporting Wolves but i guess if you talk to other supports from other teams they would say the same thing

3 and a half years of bad luck it seems.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People bang on about how much Mick did for wolves yet He got rid of footballers like jones , guediora and mark Davies and they were replaced with Eggert Johnnson , forde and David Davis !!! We are threadbare when it comes to making subs because of injury, poor signings and letting players go that can actually influence a game !! Like you say January can't come soon enough and hopefully stale can pull a few more gems out of the hat ....

E

Edgmond Wolf

People bang on about how much Mick did for wolves yet He got rid of footballers like jones , guediora and mark Davies and they were replaced with Eggert Johnnson , forde and David Davis !!! We are threadbare when it comes to making subs because of injury, poor signings and letting players go that can actually influence a game !! Like you say January can't come soon enough and hopefully stale can pull a few more gems out of the hat ....

Just in case....:)

I have been watching Wolves since I was eight now past 50

Best manager at Wolves in my generation

D

Dewsburywolf

January can't come soon enough for outgoings as well, only point being who's going to take them? And don't say McCarthy because he's not daft enough either

W

Wolfie

I'm not sticking up for McCarthy BUT those comments are not true.

Jones was not a good player so I can understand why we let him go.

Guedioura was sold by Stale admittedly McCarthy did loan him out but he was not sold by him & was only sold because we had Doumbia coming in.

Davis wanted to leave & would not sing a new contract so the club cut their losses & since he left every chance he gets to have a did at the club he takes it so I don't really miss him.

Give Stale money in January & lets ALL get behind him & the team. That is the only way we can all help the club because slagging off players ect is no good so we all need to try & be he 12 man for the good of the club.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need two footballing centre backs too

We have been letting goals in for fun for too long

Come on the Wolves

Very rarely do teams have two ball playing centre halfs especially in this country. In fact it's only really in Spain where you see team frequently have two ball playing centre halfs. A combination of a stopper (Johnson) and a ball playing centre half is good enough in this country and perhaps needed.

For me we need a striker, wide player (on loan), Left back, Right back, ball playing centre half (unless Margreitter can step up) and possibly a centre mid although hopefully O'hara's back.

We need to ship out a lot of the deadwood though even if we give them free transfers just to shift them.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Very rarely do teams have two ball playing centre halfs especially in this country. In fact it's only really in Spain where you see team frequently have two ball playing centre halfs. A combination of a stopper (Johnson) and a ball playing centre half is good enough in this country and perhaps needed.

For me we need a striker, wide player (on loan), Left back, Right back, ball playing centre half (unless Margreitter can step up) and possibly a centre mid although hopefully O'hara's back.

We need to ship out a lot of the deadwood though even if we give them free transfers just to shift them.

Agreed i was being greedy but we need two incase the one gets injured ;)

D

Deleted member 3751

Guedioura was sold by Stale admittedly McCarthy did loan him out but he was not sold by him & was only sold because we had Doumbia coming in.

Davis wanted to leave & would not sing a new contract so the club cut their losses & since he left every chance he gets to have a did at the club he takes it so I don't really miss him.

Give Stale money in January & lets ALL get behind him & the team. That is the only way we can all help the club because slagging off players ect is no good so we all need to try & be he 12 man for the good of the club.

Jones was a decent enough footballer who moved to a footballing side and is plying his trade in the PL. Guedioura was sold because the deal was already in place before Solbakken started. Davies wanted to leave, I heard because McCarthy wanted to loan him out again after his initial loan at Leicester and Davies felt he should have been in and around the side - rightly.

I agree with the last bit of your post though.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Agree we need to be twelfth man

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jones was the key ingredient in us playing with attacking wingers in the fact he could pick them out in one pass and is Plying his trade in the premier league still , to say he is no good is laughable !! Guediora was loaned out then we bought egg in !! I can't deny we had some very good times under McCarthy but is the side we came down with any better than what we went up with in the first place ? In my opinion it was far worse !!

M

Mugwump

He didnt get rid of any of those, they all wanted to go and SS got rid of gued.

M

Mugwump

Thats a lot of old tosh about Davies. He has only ever mentioned the medical staff problem. You try to link any other interview with him where he bags the club. I will wait with interest.

M

Mugwump

Any scouts we employ will already have lists of players they think are good ones. Its not like we are just going to get a load of blokes who have never done the job before. We might not have time to scout them enough granted, but i'm sure they will have a few players they will recommend.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So who are the big name players that will drop everything to come and play for the mighty WWFC?

E

Edgmond Wolf

So who are the big name players that will drop everything to come and play for the mighty WWFC?

None.

Moxey won't pay the wages.

We will have to do with young unknown talent :)

Come on the Wolves

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score

^ As above- none. Any signings will be players from European leagues we will have never heard of before- and that is only if we can shift any out- if we don't shift any, none will come in.

Summer is when we will see some movement, if SS is still here.

Back
Top Bottom