Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 22 transfer window

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could get Xhaka on the cheap now. Not a goal scorer but does get stuck in and is a quality player on his day, would also know he has something to prove. I would like more protection for our flair players esp. when Neto returns. I think Bruno would get more out of him than Emery/Arteta.

Appreciate he’s a nutter but always liked him!
Are you crazy? He’s an older, left footed, ill-disciplined, ****, Neves.
Couldn’t think of a player we need less.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could get Xhaka on the cheap now. Not a goal scorer but does get stuck in and is a quality player on his day, would also know he has something to prove. I would like more protection for our flair players esp. when Neto returns. I think Bruno would get more out of him than Emery/Arteta.

Appreciate he’s a nutter but always liked him!
If you can’t beat em’ kick them in the face?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still nothing doing then? No one in a tree, no flight tracker, no cryptic puzzles.

Boooo.

The fan up a tree has frozen in the cold snap, there are no planes flying to track, and the cryptic puzzles are no longer cryptic after someone took offence at the word crypt for its association with dead people and asked for it to be banned. Welcome to 2022 folks :)

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wish we would just sell Adama asap and replace him with Renato Sanches. Adama looks done here and no-one else looks genuinely interested in Sanches or he would likely have already moved.

Bring back Morgan and we would have 5 first team midfield options and 6 first team forwards. The balance of the squad would be evened out again.

Then bring in Caleta-Car for £15m, who also appears to have no other suitors and we would be ready to launch a decent assault on the League in the second half of the season.

Reaction score
Although I live in hope ,deep down I am resigned to us not signing anyone .They might get away with it this window but not the summer
I’m increasingly ok with this…

Let’s take the emotions of a fan out of it for a second… do we actually need to spend big in this window to get a bigger return at the end of the season? Probably not, with cundle and jordao looking more than adequate to cover cm and dendoncker the same at ch, I’ve always had faith in silva and he can definitely do the same as a striker plus with neto hopefully back soon our squad isn’t looking too bad

Purely business, they will be looking at what’s the return on spending big now, maybe one place in the league? I think I’d agree it’s not worth it in January

Having said that we will sell traore Monday and sign sanches and botman Tuesday

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Let’s take the emotions of a fan out of it for a second… do we actually need to spend big in this window to get a bigger return at the end of the season? Probably not, with cundle and jordao looking more than adequate to cover cm and dendoncker the same at ch, I’ve always had faith in silva and he can definitely do the same as a striker plus with neto hopefully back soon our squad isn’t looking too bad

Purely business, they will be looking at what’s the return on spending big now, maybe one place in the league? I think I’d agree it’s not worth it in January

We aren't forced to spend, we're in a good position and relegation isn't an option, I think if we were towards the bottom fosun would find some funds to strengthen..
We've got Neto, Johnny and Mosquera all coming back to fitness so those 3 will help the squad for the 2nd half.. Hopefully hold onto traore as well.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We aren't forced to spend, we're in a good position and relegation isn't an option, I think if we were towards the bottom fosun would find some funds to strengthen..
We've got Neto, Johnny and Mosquera all coming back to fitness so those 3 will help the squad for the 2nd half.. Hopefully hold onto traore as well.
They put my 3 season tickets up by 100 a pop.
I’m fully expecting a 200million investment this window.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
These look like they are our men. Get them in Jeff!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-100012_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220114-100012_Chrome.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20220114-100150_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220114-100150_Chrome.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 39

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or we can dream.............
2.30pm Saturday - Pitch side reveal of Sanches & Botman/Caleta-Car

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course if avoiding relgation is the main goal, there's no need to spend.
However if we're hoping for a good cup run, and a chance to get into Europe, then surely this squad is too small and too unbalanced. Not advocating a host of new signings, but 1-2 quality additions (1 being a CM)would make a big difference for our prospects this season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is I don't think anyone is interested in adama ...Jorge has tried his best to shift him, it just isn't happening just like in the summer....just how it isn't costing us guedes or Sanches....

Last edited:

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone posted 120k a few pages back. To match it would still make him our top earner so cannot see us being interested!!

I wouldn't have thought you would have to match it. He must know he is likely going to have to take a pay cut to get his career back on track.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely his wages would be 300-400k
Don’t think they are somehow. Those are the crazy contracts the likes of De Gea and Pogba are on, with a big fuss of even Yanited shelling out that much. More likely in the 150-200 range, which is still huge for someone like us.

I’m not overly convinced he’s our type of player though, until can play a 433 or 4231.
Stylistically, he’s a deluxe MGW, with allegedly less defensive discipline and positional nous.
Wholly unsuitable for our midfield positions atm, unless playing a midfield 3.
His job at Ajax was neat 1-2s around the box, and arriving late to score goals. Not particularly a runner with the ball, or contributing much to deeper possession.
So we’d need a style/shape change to accommodate him, and it was pointless Yanited buying him when they have Fernandes to do the same, and not enough control in their midfield to let him roam.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think they are somehow. Those are the crazy contracts the likes of De Gea and Pogba are on, with a big fuss of even Yanited shelling out that much. More likely in the 150-200 range, which is still huge for someone like us.

I’m not overly convinced he’s our type of player though, until can play a 433 or 4231.
Stylistically, he’s a deluxe MGW, with allegedly less defensive discipline and positional nous.
Wholly unsuitable for our midfield positions atm, unless playing a midfield 3.
His job at Ajax was neat 1-2s around the box, and arriving late to score goals. Not particularly a runner with the ball, or contributing much to deeper possession.
So we’d need a style/shape change to accommodate him, and it was pointless Yanited buying him when they have Fernandes to do the same, and not enough control in their midfield to let him roam.
Yes your right as to his style,but at some stage i think we will go to 3 man midfield and he would give us that link to the front 2/3
Maybe not what we need right now but him or a similar type player will be required at some point i believe

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Van De Beek is leaving Man Utd
Although he hasnt really impressed there,hes the type of player that could do a job for us, if we have any intent on strengthening this window

I just don’t know what to make of Van De Beek.

For the money United paid for him (£40million I think) you would have thought he would be playing regularly either as a starter or off the bench. He’s doing neither and when he has got on the pitch I haven’t been impressed by him much at all. He may have been good for Ajax (never heard of him before he came to the Premier League) but done nothing for United.

He wouldn’t be cheap and it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if we aren’t interested.

HiHo

Reaction score

Couldn’t agree more.
We would need to sign someone who is better than a player in the current starting line up but who can also fit seamlessly in to the squad/playing style without a pre-season, I’m not sure that player is available, certainly not for the sort of value we’ll be looking for.

Appreciate we may need some cover, but again doubt we’ll get a quality player, for a good price, to come in as a sub.

Lage’s first season, so hope he’s proved worthy of backing in the summer. We’re 8th at the moment but I reckon we could finish 6/7th with current squad. Refresh in summer.

That being said, happily take Sanches if Traore goes. Think we’re alright at CB, Yerson looked good for 10mins I saw him. Saiss won’t be gone too long. Hopefully Boly gets fit. Marcal ok for now?….Maybe we do need cover haha

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just don’t know what to make of Van De Beek.

For the money United paid for him (£40million I think) you would have thought he would be playing regularly either as a starter or off the bench. He’s doing neither and when he has got on the pitch I haven’t been impressed by him much at all. He may have been good for Ajax (never heard of him before he came to the Premier League) but done nothing for United.

He wouldn’t be cheap and it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if we aren’t interested.

Looks like Van De Beek is leaving Man Utd
Although he hasnt really impressed there, hes the type of player that could do a job for us, if we have any intent on strengthening this window
He's been playing with a team made up from four or five managers, with all there differing ideas, there are midfielders dating back to Moyes and Giggs. Beek would thrive at any of the big clubs with an ounce of direction.
His cost to us wouldn't make sense, we are trying to do what Ajax do, finding younger players and moulding them into a team. Not what ManUre do, I don't know what they do anymore.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes it is worth it!

This league is only going to get harder. If Newcastle stay up there’s every chance they finish above us next season, Villa most would expect to be better. Spurs.

We have a chance of Europe and a good chance of reaching the 5th round of the cup.

To try and finish 7th or win the cup, which should be the aims now, with 3 proven CM is absurd.

They’ve managed expectations so well that we’ll even accept that we don’t need a striker but really we do. Who else has two strikers? No one.

Who else has two fit natural CBs? No one.

In the real world we need three players down the spine just to have an adequate squad.

We have 20+ games this season and if Kilman, Neves or Raul are missing we’re in trouble. If two are missing at the same time, we’re in massive trouble.

To have this squad in covid times is crazy.

I understand your point by the way, and would totally agree if we were 12th-15th and not in a relegation fight. What would the point be then.

However, this is realistically as good as it’s going to ever get for us. Europe is a possibility and we are in the cup. We have to try and capitalise. It should mean 3 players arrive but I’ll take a good CM being realistic.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
According to Talking Wolves Spurs have offered the options of Tanganga, Rodon, Sessegnon or Jack Clarke (don't know anything about him to be honest, presume he is quite young)

Sessegnon is a wing back where we have plenty of options.
Rodon or Clarke haven't really seen enough.
Tanganga I have always thought he could be a good player in the right team, would take him in a heartbeat.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Talking Wolves Spurs have offered the options of Tanganga, Rodon, Sessegnon or Jack Clarke (don't know anything about him to be honest, presume he is quite young)

Sessegnon is a wing back where we have plenty of options.
Rodon or Clarke haven't really seen enough.
Tanganga I have always thought he could be a good player in the right team, would take him in a heartbeat.
tanganga is the man to take plus cash

Back
Top Bottom