Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

James Henry

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched him closely when he came on. Tell you what hes got some seriously good feet and a terriffic first touch. A fave of mine already and will be very important next season. Oozes quality and seems very hungry.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great attitude but lack of pace is a real issue.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we look a better side when he plays allowing Jacobs to play in the hole, 10 goals is a great return

D

drewtwulf

Gimme footballing ability over pace any day, look at KMac he isn't pacey but some of his midfield opponents have been chasing shadows this season trying to get close to him.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
With an extra yard of pace, he'd be a Premier League player as his technique and delivery is fantastic. Reminds me a little of David Bentley in terms of his playing style.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly right tring. Beckham had no pace though either.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh who knows what we will be like in the chump. Bournmouth have had a right good go why cant we? Id like to think kj and kt and stuart webber know what we need?

D

drewtwulf

Henry will be fine, held his own in a poor Millwall team so he could well excel with better players around him. Obviously pace is a potent weapon and you want some pacey payers within the team/squad but it's certainly not the be all.

D

Dewsburywolf

Hopefully he`ll have a good World Cup & push on next season. :rolleyes:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonderful player but like K Mac lack of pace is the barrier to becoming top class players!

Hope they can do a job in the Championship as we rely heavily on K Mac in partic

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't need pace throughout the side!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very good technical player, thrilled we have players like him in the team.

Thought he was a lot older than he actually is too as he's one of those young players that have been around for ages, plenty of potential for improvement.

He's one I have no worries about making the step up.

O

OldWolvesfart

Just wish he had a bit more pace!!

Who needs pace when you can run from midfield and go round 5 opponents before getting into their box - I suggest we praise his assets. Not to mention his goal scoring from outside the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Swansea Wolves

We have pace in Sako, Jacobs and Dicko. We need players that all offer something unique to the team which is Henry does imo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been very impressed with him this season and his goal today was superb. Don't think he'll have any problems making the step up.

D

Deleted member 4099

My favourite KJ signing so far. Typifies the technical type of player we seem now to be going for. He might not be the quickest but his speed of thought and skill gives him a yards start IMO.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Silva isn't pacy and look at him as a player, superb on the ball when out on the wing

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I'm still amazed we managed to get him actually. When we appointed KJ, I remember saying that I really hoped he would be our first signing (I recall Woburn and a couple of others saying the same) but I couldn't see him dropping to League One. Even more surprised that he couldn't get into Millwall's starting XI this year (although in Steve Lomas' defence, he was coming back from a cruciate injury and approaching the end of his contract).

Either way, for £250k he was an absolute steal and has already more than paid off that fee.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never saw Waggy play but was he quick?

He wasn't lightning fast no but most full backs still couldn't live with him.
In those days raw skill was more important than sheer pace.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right ste theres a player david silva, one of my faves. Quick brain, great feet. Not quick but speed of thought. Scholes another? Our james will.do.just fine imo.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
He was awesome when he came on, that run he made down the pitch beating several players was great. Good Championship player I reckon.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henry is a good player but Jacobs is by far the better of the two.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henry is a quality player who has been a great signing for us.

Jacobs I think is even better , I can't ever recall seeing a player surge forward and dribble past opponents as if they weren't there , all he needs to do is learn to shoot when the chances arrive as currently that's his only downfall.

Back
Top Bottom