Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jackie McNamara

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Get well soon!

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a report from the Scotsman newspaper :
Worried former team mate at Celtic John Hartson tweeted to say that Jackie had "collapsed at home Saturday with a bleed on the brain", before adding that his "thoughts are with his wife Samantha and the children."
It has been reported by the Daily Record that the 46-year-old was taken to hospital in York and then transferred to another hospital in Hull.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get well but I'm struggling to remember his time with us tbh. I assume it was in our Prem seasons?

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember him being very solid at LB in Mick's first season. Get well soon Jackie.

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speedy recovery jackie. Get well soon

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best wishes to Jackie and his family.

He was a very very good player who had a fabulous career north of the border. Sadly his 2 years with us were blighted by injury but when he did play you could see he was class.

dmcmaho3

Reaction score
Thoughts are with the family, get well soon Jackie

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bleed on the brain. Tends to be fatal..Very, very concerning. Prayers with the McNamara family.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully he'll get better soon.

From what I remember he had an impressive start to his time at Wolves. He came across as a talented, intelligent defender. Unfortunately, injury impacted his time with us.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good player but didnt have the impact hoped for due to injury. Might have stayed longer with us but i think his wife wanted to go home.
Lived on the edge of Lilleshall.
Hope its a good outcome.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good player but didnt have the impact hoped for due to injury. Might have stayed longer with us but i think his wife wanted to go home.
Lived on the edge of Lilleshall.
Hope its a good outcome.
I drive past where he used to live by Lilleshall every night on my way home from work.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only echo the sentiments of others. Here's hoping that Jackie makes a full recovery, my thoughts are with him at this difficult time.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a decent LB. Quite silky.

He did look good there. A very decent right footed left back, who was equally as comfortable at right back.

Think he played a few games for us at right mid too. A proper utility pro!

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get well. I see John Hartson has wished him well, I believe he suffered something similar and has recovered. Keep the faith Jackie

D

Deleted member 4099

Lost my Auntie at 26 to a brain Hemorage and my wife is currently being treated for a aneurism. Silent killers. Good luck and get well Jackie. Loverly footballer he was.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lost my Auntie at 26 to a brain Hemorage and my wife is currently being treated for a aneurism. Silent killers. Good luck and get well Jackie. Loverly footballer he was.
I lost a friend to an aneurysm. Collapsed and died infront of me and his poor, poor son on the way to the Wolves match, 4 years ago, by the Uni. His lad suffers with PTSD ever since. It was such a cruel moment, in the worst possible place.

Not a day goes by where I dont think of him and the moment which made me realise just how short and cruel life can be.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look after yourself and eachother mate and good luck

same to Jackie and family, all fingers crossed for a full recovery.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best wishes to him and his familyl
Liked him as a player always came across well

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I lost a friend to an aneurysm. Collapsed and died infront of me and his poor, poor son on the way to the Wolves match, 4 years ago, by the Uni. His lad suffers with PTSD ever since.

My mate lost his dad on the way home from a Wolves match, must be 20 yrs ago now. He has not been to a game since, just wiped it from his life because of the trauma. He still watches on TV, coaches kids teams, is extremely fit and active.....but the need for the matchday experience died at the same time as his dad.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Jackie,
Jackie Mac,
Jackie,
Jackie Mac,
Jackie,
Jackie Mac,
Jackie McNamara!

Remember him, and his chant well, and loved him when he played, so wishing him all the luck in the world in getting over this

Last edited:

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like a stroke. I had one on Friday 31st Jan 12 days ago. Missed Brexit celebrations and Man U game. Hope he is well looked after, I was.

Back
Top Bottom